Wearing Face Masks

Face Masks  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I work in a shop and we've worn masks since March (also we don't allow customers inside properly which is class - pisses off the entitled and the regulars are very understanding). I've got a big f**k off beard and it can get a wee bit moist under there but that's the only thing that bothers me about it, and if it bothered me that much I could just trim my beard. Nobody sees me anyway. Quite honestly, if it meant not getting a guaranteed cold/flu from the manky general public each year, I would happily wear one whenever entering a shop. It's quite a polite thing to do, especially if you're not well!

I imagine hand sanitiser will be the thing that sticks - available on entry to everywhere and on tables in restaurants/bars. Actually kinda gross thinking about how I'd have wired into a burger and a pint previously, after handing over a scabby note coked in... coke. Knew a French guy for a bit whose whole night out was sneaking drinks from other tables. f**k knows what disease he's ended up with.

16 hours ago, Smurph said:

Quite honestly, if it meant not getting a guaranteed cold/flu from the manky general public each year, I would happily wear one whenever entering a shop. It's quite a polite thing to do, especially if you're not well!

Are you Japanese?  

On 19/02/2021 at 08:37, hk blues said:

Where I am it's compulsory to wear a visor in shopping centres and supermarkets etc, along with face masks.  The visor isn't supposed to cover your mouth, it's for eyes.  The mask is for the mouth.

Do you get dispensation if you wear specs? 

The weirdest thing about the pandemic has been the folk who actually get angry about other people wearing face masks. I saw one tube being restrained by his mates as he was screaming abuse at strangers across the street for covering their mouths. Just absolutely insane behaviour.

I wonder if they get pissed off when they see people taking other public health measures, like washing their hands after using the lavvy.

On 20/02/2021 at 17:34, madwullie said:

Do you get dispensation if you wear specs? 

Yes, if you wear specs then the shield is not required.  But, sunglasses don't count - my wife got caught out with that.  Don't understand why although people wearing sunglasses indoors are dicks so hey-ho! 

On 20/02/2021 at 12:45, BFTD said:

The weirdest thing about the pandemic has been the folk who actually get angry about other people wearing face masks. I saw one tube being restrained by his mates as he was screaming abuse at strangers across the street for covering their mouths. Just absolutely insane behaviour.

I wonder if they get pissed off when they see people taking other public health measures, like washing their hands after using the lavvy.

Guaranteed that there are a depressingly high number of folk who are desperate to 'have' to stop washing their hands so often. They see it as a temporary measure that they grudgingly do, although almost certainly 'forget' more often.

So, so many people are disgusting and the pandemic has highlighted this.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Guaranteed that there are a depressingly high number of folk who are desperate to 'have' to stop washing their hands so often. They see it as a temporary measure that they grudgingly do, although almost certainly 'forget' more often.

Aye sales on hand-wash has went way down. We have a fair amount of backstock in the back warehouse. Presume people have stopped washing hands a long time ago

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Remind me never to shake your hand after you've been for a pee, or share my crisps in the pub. 

Oh no, I'll still wash my hands after going for a pish.

You're more of a cuddler anyway. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Years ago, the owners of a building I worked at in Glasgow worked out that 70% of visits to their bathrooms weren't accompanied by the washing of hands. Best not to think about how they knew that.

When that email arrived, I mentioned that we should probably start regularly cleaning the keyboards and mice, as they'd all be coated in a thick layer of jobby bacteria by now. I was told not to be so disgusting.

Years ago, the owners of a building I worked at in Glasgow worked out that 70% of visits to their bathrooms weren't accompanied by the washing of hands. Best not to think about how they knew that.
When that email arrived, I mentioned that we should probably start regularly cleaning the keyboards and mice, as they'd all be coated in a thick layer of jobby bacteria by now. I was told not to be so disgusting.

Maybe they weren’t washing their hands because they were just going for a patsy

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Maybe they weren’t washing their hands because they were just going for a patsy

There was some talk of putting in those ultraviolet lightbulbs. There were a couple of law firms in the building, so between the solicitors and their clients, there must have been a lot of needles.

14 minutes ago, microdave said:

I tend to smile at people when I pass them at work or in a supermarket. And each time I realise it's completely pointless as they can't see me doing it.

I've taken to raising my eyebrows at people instead. I don't know why we don't just say hello, our voices still work with masks on. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I've taken to raising my eyebrows at people instead. I don't know why we don't just say hello, our voices still work with masks on. 

I do that too, but it occurred to me that it probably comes across as this most of the time:

eyebrows.gif