Wearing Face Masks

Face Masks  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Do you still find the mask wearing as bad an experience as you expected it to be? Or not as bothered by it now you’ve had to do it?

It bothers me.... that so many don't wear then properly and many don't give a f**k ... Still. Wearing it 5 days a week 8 hours or so at work can be quite hard going. 

The longest I've had to wear a mask for is ~5 hrs and I (still) absolutely f***ing hate it to the point I can't wait to get the thing off.  The second there's no longer any obligation to wear one, it'll be thrown in the box  reserved for shite that might have a use in future but will hopefully never need to be used again (the box with stocking filler guff from Christmas '09 etc).  There have been multiple times when I've been put off going into a shop simply because the face covering was required (not worth the hassle if I had to stand in a queue with one on for more than a few mins).   

Thought I might get used to it with time, but  I haven't.

Eta: in the shops I have been to, I've definitely noticed a significant decrease in the number of staff wearing them of late.

Edited by Hedgecutter

16 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Eta: in the shops I have been to, I've definitely noticed a significant decrease in the number of staff wearing them of late.

This shouldn't be the case. I know in my store it has been ramped up mega and only certain staff don't need to wear them but even then will wear the visers or have a lanyard around there neck. Been quite a few disciplinaries been going on regarding this. 

Been aye fine.

I've been doing a few 12 hour shifts wearing a mask and haven't found it problematic. 

I think most of the chancers are in the too cool for school brigade, and are too stupid to realise that they are ones that look like dickheads, with over 95 percent complying with the regulations 

Edited by Angusfifer

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s subtle versions of it on theCivid thread disguised as other things.

I've been staying well off of that thread, partially because there are just too many comments to read through, but also because any time I take a peek, it seems like there's a different type of furious insanity gradually starting to emerge.

17 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I've been staying well off of that thread, partially because there are just too many comments to read through, but also because any time I take a peek, it seems like there's a different type of furious insanity gradually starting to emerge.

The most avoidable thread on P&B bar none... 

Been wearing a mask in the shops for a year now. No problem with it despite hating having to wear it and making it even more difficult to understand other people when they speak with one on.
I still laugh at those people with a visor type thing over their face though, especially when their mouth is not even covered. Look like absolute clowns.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Been wearing a mask in the shops for a year now. No problem with it despite hating having to wear it and making it even more difficult to understand other people when they speak with one on.
I still laugh at those people with a visor type thing over their face though, especially when their mouth is not even covered. Look like absolute clowns.

Where I am it's compulsory to wear a visor in shopping centres and supermarkets etc, along with face masks.  The visor isn't supposed to cover your mouth, it's for eyes.  The mask is for the mouth.

13 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Where I am it's compulsory to wear a visor in shopping centres and supermarkets etc, along with face masks.  The visor isn't supposed to cover your mouth, it's for eyes.  The mask is for the mouth.

It still looks daft AF.