Wearing Face Masks

Face Masks  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wear one to the supermarket, yes, and would if on public transport.

A cross section of my Tesco shows I'd say about 10% of folk wearing them. Permanently raging late middle aged gammon whose faces have the complexion of uncooked Lorne sausage are the least likely demographic to wear them- presumably "we" won the war without face masks so why would we need one now...

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Please? Well, that’ll do it. Scotrail by the way.

91428004-6F8E-4019-9CD4-2DA216B4133F.png

I assume as airlines can prevent you from boarding without a mask could the train operators not do the same, it would mean you could sit closer than 2m 

Don't have any choice, Governor mandated them for entering any private business or outdoor scenario where it may be difficult to maintain 6ft distance with folks from outside your household on May 1st. It's absolutely fine and it gives businesses a bit of extra gravitas in being able to turn away folks that want to act like cock ends. 

43 minutes ago, 101 said:

I assume as airlines can prevent you from boarding without a mask could the train operators not do the same, it would mean you could sit closer than 2m 

Airplanes typically have one entrance to an air bridge / steps.

Stopping someone boarding a train with 3/6/12 carriages would be impossible.

Quite happy to wear a mask, but as has been noted many times before they don't really protect the wearer, more everyone else from the wearer. They need to be compulsory in public spaces and readily available or else most won't bother.

I've ordered one online tonight in anticipation for being allowed to go to beer gardens etc in phase 2 and that I might therefore need to wear one on a train to get there. Delivery estimate is June 23rd-26th. That alone will put people off.

Edited by Todd_is_God

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Stopping someone boarding a train with 3/6/12 carriages would be impossible.

Bollocks, they usually have more staff watching the barriers than they used to have collecting tickets. And they have ticket inspectors. Think I've only seen one or two people smoking on a train since the ban, and one of them was me.