Wearing Face Masks

Face Masks  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As a general show of hands, who is wearing a face mask when they go to the supermarket or other places where you’ll come into close contact with other people?

I’m going to take a stab at maybe 2% to 5% of people I see in the supermarkets are wearing them. I just bought some trendy design ones on Red Bubble, partly because I was bored and partly as I want to get back to normality as soon as possible and the oracle, virginton says it’s the thing to do.

Thoughts?

Edited by Scary Bear

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

As a general show of hands, who is wearing a face mask when they go to the supermarket or other places where you’ll come into close contact with other people?

I’m going to take a stab at maybe 2% to 5% of people I see

My thoughts are this is enough to get you a life sentence.

28 minutes ago, superbigal said:

My thoughts are this is enough to get you a life sentence.

I’ll plead insanity. They’ll take one look at my zany designer mask and accept my plea.

There are some terrible misuses of face masks. This lady may have deprived poor Bob, 74, from Shotts, the security of wearing a mask when going to the corner shop for his daily half bottle of Glens and 40 Regal.

image.jpeg.157b5e769eb5fc714ed0cc6923903ab5.jpeg

People virus shed when asymptomatic with Corvid19. Wearing a mask is thought to help reduce the amount of virus ladened droplets you exhale when you have the disease. This may help reduce community transmission. 

They have a minimal impact on an individual wearing a mask's risk to contract the disease. 

Not entirely uncommon here, would say around 1 in every 6 or 7 people I see out and about are wearing one these days. Mostly older folk though. I had to wear one when visiting the hospital 6 or 7 weeks back but that’s the only time I have bothered.