2020/21 Highland League Fixtures

welshbairn

14 hours ago, Marten said:

How do HL fans see this one going? Only time we met that I can recall was a pre season friendly two years ago that we won comfortably. Very different teams now though and Brora will be flying after the SC results.

I don't have a record in any database from the past few seasons of Scotland beating Brora.

Brora v Kelty will be a genuine unknown, given the lack of games the two will be involved in ahead of game time. 

And it depends if you believe in Brora's promotion ambitions. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

I don't have a record in any database from the past few seasons of Scotland beating Brora.

Brora v Kelty will be a genuine unknown, given the lack of games the two will be involved in ahead of game time. 

And it depends if you believe in Brora's promotion ambitions. 

Apologies, didn't realise having a club team & Scotland as my badge meant confusion for some 😆.

Interesting view, I've not heard much on that front? Are Brora not as ambitious as it would appear?

They weren't ambitious in 2015 and made arseholes of themselves in the eyes of many with their mealie-mouthed talk ahead of the playoffs, while handwringing and whining on about not being able to afford to go up despite burning through eleventy billion dollahs in the preceding two seasons trying to win the league. Such was the arse they made of themselves, their momentum vanished and Cove overtook them (and subsequently everyone else in League Two) and Brora have been stuck in the SHFL ever since.

There are a few observers unconvinced of their ambition, and a few others aware that they're only giving a shit about it this season because this is possibly their last chance ahead of the Lowland League strengthening and the Highland League continuing to stagnate. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

They weren't ambitious in 2015 and made arseholes of themselves in the eyes of many with their mealie-mouthed talk ahead of the playoffs, while handwringing and whining on about not being able to afford to go up despite burning through eleventy billion dollahs in the preceding two seasons trying to win the league. Such was the arse they made of themselves, their momentum vanished and Cove overtook them (and subsequently everyone else in League Two) and Brora have been stuck in the SHFL ever since.

There are a few observers unconvinced of their ambition, and a few others aware that they're only giving a shit about it this season because this is possibly their last chance ahead of the Lowland League strengthening and the Highland League continuing to stagnate. 

Some logic in there I guess. Scottish cup results would suggest we are in for a tough game, however, I'd fancy our chances if we can get up to speed in the short time we have! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/04/2021 at 23:58, bluearmyfaction said:

If I were Strathspey I think I'd be suggesting that the Strathy Jags should be top on a PPG basis.  On the basis that 0/0=∞.

Are Brora to recive a championship flag for their nomination as HL champions for 2020/21, or is the play-off placement the only recognition to be granted?

Edited by AlbionMan

On 05/04/2021 at 23:58, bluearmyfaction said:

If I were Strathspey I think I'd be suggesting that the Strathy Jags should be top on a PPG basis.  On the basis that 0/0=∞.

Sorry, that's a misconception. 0/0 = 0. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_by_zero

And numbers only ever approach infinity. Equalling infinity is a nonsensical concept.