2020/21 Highland League Fixtures

welshbairn

Following on from the announcement of funding support for semi-pro clubs in England today it has been announced that £750,000 of National Lottery funds is going to the 44 clubs in the Welsh Cymru League.

“The financial package – established by the FAW and The National Lottery and facilitated by the UK Government – will see clubs in the JD Cymru Premier, JD Cymru North and the JD Cymru South receive funding while matches continue to be played behind closed doors, owing to the current COVID-19 restrictions. “

“Nigel Railton, Chief Executive of National Lottery operator Camelot, said, “The National Lottery and its players have been making a massive difference to communities across the UK for the past 26 years, so we’re thrilled to be able to partner with the Football Association of Wales to provide vital funding for these incredibly important clubs in the Cymru Leagues. As a huge football fan myself, I know what this will mean to fans of these community clubs, and I’m sure they’ll be pleased to hear that their clubs are getting the support they need.” 

The partnership follows a similar National Lottery initiative between the FA and National League in England, which was facilitated by the UK government. Work continues on partnerships with the Scottish and Northern Ireland FAs. “

10 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Turriff? It's in the Shire?

Yeah, they've just signed up for the ticketing website, they're likely getting a bit ahead of themselves. Nothing wrong with a bit of forward planning though.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Yeah, they've just signed up for the ticketing website, they're likely getting a bit ahead of themselves. Nothing wrong with a bit of forward planning though.

Ah, fair enough. I did wonder.

Is there any sense Forres now regret mothballing... or at least decided rather quickly?

Did they expect other Highland League teams to follow... then no-one did?

It's strange when 1 team withdraws and everyone else starts.

Obviously lots of West of Scotland League teams have mothballed for various reasons. That apart, across the whole rest of senior and junior football it's just Forres, plus Bunillidh Thistle.

(Montrose Roselea and Spey Valley aren't contesting North Juniors League Cup currently but may enter league tournament from January).

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I have a ticket for the Clach game tomorrow, but it's tipping down with rain here at the moment and the forecast isn't great. I doubt it will go ahead unless they have worked wonders on the pitch since the dressing room fire.

You should get the choice of a refund or to keep the ticket for when it's eventually played, that's what Nairn did last week. I agree with you, there's no chance. Tickets just gone on sale for Scottish Cup game v Caledonian Braves on Saturday week.