2020/21 Highland League Fixtures

welshbairn

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Doubt if many HL players get paid enough for it to be worth furloughing them, not at Clach anyway. Looks interesting depending on how much it costs. Uncle Roy specifically says professional players, so it might be pricey.

Brora furloughed theirs - although it was a it confusing as they also said that they'd taken pay cuts - & it was them that I specifically had in mind as relatively close to County. Think I saw that you also had the same thought on FN?

A quick Google shows tests priced in the £70 & up range to buy individually, so wouldn't be a cheap option for a squad, although would likely be a bit cheaper if County have purchased in bulk. Will certainly be interesting to see who - including non-football sports people - may be publicised as taking up County's offer.

2 hours ago, Highland ITFC said:

Brora furloughed theirs - although it was a it confusing as they also said that they'd taken pay cuts - & it was them that I specifically had in mind as relatively close to County. Think I saw that you also had the same thought on FN?

A quick Google shows tests priced in the £70 & up range to buy individually, so wouldn't be a cheap option for a squad, although would likely be a bit cheaper if County have purchased in bulk. Will certainly be interesting to see who - including non-football sports people - may be publicised as taking up County's offer.

Roy MacGregor said £50 a pop using his machine on Sportsound. He'll be testing everyone at County twice a week.

Edited by welshbairn

• 1 month later...
On 25/07/2020 at 18:12, RH33 said:

No shit!

Tell your Dad if the fixtures are cut to one game only between each team, I want Clach away to Forres, Lossiemouth, Fraserburgh, Wick, Brora, Nairn, Fort William and Rothes, not that arsed about the rest. :P

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Tell your Dad if the fixtures are cut to one game only between each team, I want Clach away to Forres, Lossiemouth, Fraserburgh, Wick, Brora, Nairn, Fort William and Rothes, not that arsed about the rest. :P

I’m heading north tomorrow so I’ll pass it along lol

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Amateur. You want Clach at home to Lossie, as it's in the SHFL constitution we're not allowed to win at Grant Street. 

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Amateur. You want Clach at home to Lossie, as it's in the SHFL constitution we're not allowed to win at Grant Street. 

Good point, not that keen on visiting anyway since the Beach Bar burnt down. Sorry about that btw.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.northern-scot.co.uk/sport/change-highland-league-to-summer-football-and-regional-divisions-says-buckie-thistle-manager-graeme-stewart-208794/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Bukie Thistle's manager has put forward their own suggestion, but also brought up the idea of summer football.

The thing I found strangest of all is regionalising the league for 2020/21 by North/South rather than West/East.

My idea was to regionalise the leagues. You make it north and south, you play each other twice then you play a play-off system with the top versus second over two legs and the two winners play in a final.

I assume he means North and East, or at least North FA v Shire. 

Can't see big crowds coming out to see Brora torch their way through 20 piss-easy league games. Likely the ever-fickle Buckie hoardes won't be seen either once their side is left behind by Locos and the Broch.

• 2 weeks later...

54 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

To finish in time for any promotion playoff with a October 10th start time, there's 28 Saturdays available. 16 league games might seem too few. However, once postponements kick in and put the local cups onto Saturdays it'd fill up pretty easily.

I was thinking about that earlier. The SPFL C, LO and LT will start t roughly the same time as us, and will no doubt have some cup games to fit in too. They're planning a 27-game league season. You'd think we'd manage more than a half season in the same time.