Geopolitics in the 2020s.

dorlomin

Might be worth watching Brazil as Brazilian go to the polls today with Lula the clear front runner but most Brazilians don't think Bolsonaro won't go quietly,he has already been stoking the flames ala trump 

Some spectacularly ill informed live coverage of the Brazil election. Polls close in 24 minutes and counting. I'm curious about who @Detournement wants to win in this, the populist right winger and Trump ally, or the financially tainted old lefty? 

Edited by welshbairn

If you're Portuguese is less rusty than mine, this is more to the point.

https://g1.globo.com/politica/eleicoes/2022/ao-vivo/primeiro-turno-eleicoes.ghtml

P.S. It's a bit like watching an action film in a foreign language, you can guess 75% of what they're saying. The results all go up on a big board, Lula has a slight early edge, hang on, it's flipped. Less than 1% of votes counted.

Edited by welshbairn

5% of votes in and Trump's pal is leading. His party's candidates seem to be leading in most of the State Governor's races too. No idea how postal votes work in Brazil, they count them last in the US.

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Bolsonazi seems to be winning. Is it time to worry yet or are there loads of Lula areas still to vote?

Just read that the poorer North Eastern Lula strongholds results usually come in later. Here's hoping.

6 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I haven't used Betfair before, am I right in thinking they still have Lula as favourite, and Bolsonaro's about 2/1?

Edited by welshbairn