Do you ever stop to think...

5 hours ago, Disabled Colin said:

The best thing about forums is they're an even playing field and posters can't judge you for your illnesses or afflictions.   

If you don't mind me asking, what is your disability, PB Colin?

5 hours ago, Disabled Colin said:

Love this.   

We need enter the internet with clear focus but clear focus if you know what I mean.  

Folk don't like Diane Abbott because she's black, obese and wears specs.   I like her and I'm none of the above. 

a lot of people also don't like her or hold her in very high regard because of her stupidity, hypocrisy and arrogance. 

On 26/05/2020 at 18:32, mathematics said:

I like the sentiment, but f**k Tories and all who have voted for them.

**** too, f**k them.

I don't so much dislike them as hope they die alone in a rat infested bedsit.

20 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye Kilt was a regular when I first joined; I think he used to go on about ‘the clique’.

He seemed to make a mistake that many on social media make about sharing too much personal information and folk used that.

That said, I despair of things like Facebook where folk seem happy to share the most intimate details of their lives without even hiding behind an anonymous avatar.

I think it's ludicrous - "Hi, Sammy and Jill, 85 The Little Woods, Antrim are in Tenerife for a fortnight LOL :thumsup2"

Burglar Clearing Station: "Here's another one for us".

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

20 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye Kilt was a regular when I first joined; I think he used to go on about ‘the clique’.

He seemed to make a mistake that many on social media make about sharing too much personal information and folk used that.

That said, I despair of things like Facebook where folk seem happy to share the most intimate details of their lives without even hiding behind an anonymous avatar.

I think all social media can be incredibly dangerous. Maybe I'm just inherently suspicious of it/conservative, having grown up without even a phone in the house. I have a Facebook account that I've never used, (I'm not even sure of the password anymore, but it's probably my "normal" one), I don't "do" Twiitter or any of those and I don't write a blog. My phone is pay as you go, make calls, receive calls, send texts, receive texts.

Even e-mails have to be treated with caution, whether work related or otherwise, once it's sent, it's sent. As someone remarked to me when we were discussing e-mails - "You can't unring a bell".

19 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Kilt behaved pretty strangely on here it's true.  I think a lot of that is generational, he was a bit older and didn't quite get the accepted ways of acting on the internet.  However, he didn't do himself many favours with some of the stuff he did.

I hope I'm not breaking any confidences here but a poster who was very prominent at the time once told me that the thing that nixed it for Kilt was that he went through a period of posting loads abouthis divorce and pining for his (soon to be ex) wife and how he was making an effort with it but at the same time came to the Fives and other meet ups and behaved in a way that was distrinctly unmarried fashion.  People saw this and got a bit pissed off with it and thus started the Kilt wars.

F*** me. I'm 67 and I know you don't do things like Kilt did. What generation is he, Methuselah's?

7 hours ago, Disabled Colin said:

I don't support either just my team (Alloa) and the national team (Scotland).   Do you like football?  Where is Ehime?  Guessing Irleland?  

The land of the rising potato.

Training day is one of my favourite films and I like to think of the diner scene at the start of the film as a perfect allegory for my relationship with P&B:

In this allegory I myself am Denzel Washington, the newspaper is P&B and the young, fresh faced and wide eyed copper (Played by Ethan Hawke)  is everything else in my life that I probably should be attending to such as work, my other half, looking after my child and in some instances, driving.

20 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think all social media can be incredibly dangerous. Maybe I'm just inherently suspicious of it/conservative, having grown up without even a phone in the house. I have a Facebook account that I've never used, (I'm not even sure of the password anymore, but it's probably my "normal" one), I don't "do" Twiitter or any of those and I don't write a blog. My phone is pay as you go, make calls, receive calls, send texts, receive texts.

Even e-mails have to be treated with caution, whether work related or otherwise, once it's sent, it's sent. As someone remarked to me when we were discussing e-mails - "You can't unring a bell".

Big political party found. 

One of the greatest things here was reading that WaffenThinMint was chased from another forum as he was angry his make believe people in the Sim franchise world weren't being treated right and tried to start a civil war on their page. 

Then he set up a breakaway forum and told everyone to follow. 

No-one did. 

He made yer skin crawl alright. Who was the turps drinking bin dweller that's posts were indecipherable - unless he was talking about some £40 phone coming to the market in Sweden? :lol:

53 minutes ago, throbber said:

Training day is one of my favourite films and I like to think of the diner scene at the start of the film as a perfect allegory for my relationship with P&B:

In this allegory I myself am Denzel Washington, the newspaper is P&B and the young, fresh faced and wide eyed copper (Played by Ethan Hawke)  is everything else in my life that I probably should be attending to such as work, my other half, looking after my child and in some instances, driving.

This represents you better IMO:

15 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Who was the turps drinking bin dweller that's posts were indecipherable - unless he was talking about some £40 phone coming to the market in Sweden? :lol:

That was @wunfellaff an absolute nutter and probably nonce. That female Celtic fan with daft name full of emojis pulled him once for something and he replied with something creepy AF about her pregnancy scars/stretch marks or something. An absolute weirdo/fantasist. 

The reason she is portrayed as she is is because she’s a pioneering black woman. The media and Tory commentators have done an absolute number on her because of her skin colour and her prominence. People may have a dislike of her for other reasons, such as she’s a labour politician or they might not think she’s the best politician out there, but anyone singling her out as an ‘extremist’ or as somehow worse than 649 other MP’s do so either directly  or indirectly because she’s black, yes. 

Agreeing with Ali here. Diane Abbot got her numbers wrong and a big deal was made of. Amber Rudd (I think it was) got her numbers wrong and it was hardly mentioned. Work out the difference.

Edit; it was Priti Patel I was thinking of. So I guess the difference is the party you’re aligned with.

49 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

The reason she is portrayed as she is is because she’s a pioneering black woman. The media and Tory commentators have done an absolute number on her because of her skin colour and her prominence.

People may have a dislike of her for other reasons, such as she’s a labour politician or they might not think she’s the best politician out there, but anyone singling her out as an ‘extremist’ or as somehow worse than 649 other MP’s do so either directly  or indirectly because she’s black, yes. 

I was thinking you were meaning more like the general public opinion rather than media/Tory manipulation.