Do you ever stop to think...

41 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

He's come up with a howler on Covid thread. Cummings-esque in its misreading of how people are reacting to the episode.

OYF. Just seen it.

That's actually quite sad in its desperation.

I got fed up once years ago and logged off for a week while I looked for my head which had gone.

Found it again which was unlucky for haters of puns on here :P

As they used to say to folk who moaned about the TV "well, there's always the off button"

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I got fed up once years ago and logged off for a week while I looked for my head which had gone.

Found it again which was unlucky for haters of puns on here :P

As they used to say to folk who moaned about the TV "well, there's always the off button"

Only remotely interesting.

I see the forum as a big laugh but I have wound folk up to the point they've PM'd and we just talk shit out and if I genuinely have affected people's mental health then I do apologise.

At my lowest this place brought me up and made me realise that even though you're all mostly creepy, fat alky's - you all have heart. 

Never let this place or people on it get to you. 

There was a point during my 13 year posting on here where my life was a bit shit and my head was all over the place. I came on here to escape and chat nonsense about football but since my head was gone anyway, I was posting utter fucking nonsense (Some would say that's all I've ever done!) And I was rightly being called out on it. It turned into a pretty vicious circle - I was depressed in real life, came here to spout rubbish about football or whatever and made a c**t of myself and felt lower and on and on it went. It's not like I've ever even taken the forum that seriously - but there's definitely an aspect of you that takes ridiculous nonsense seriously when your head isn't in the right space.

Then, I just snapped out of that 'funk'. It certainly comes and goes but was never as bad as that period which lasted for about 4-5 month. 

Sometimes you can just take P&B for the laugh it is, sometimes you can give as good as you get and just sometimes it can filter through.

I see the forum as a big laugh but I have wound folk up to the point they've PM'd and we just talk shit out and if I genuinely have affected people's mental health then I do apologise.
At my lowest this place brought me up and made me realise that even though you're all mostly creepy, fat alky's - you all have heart. 
Never let this place or people on it get to you. 
Apology accepted.

Can I wear the shorts again?

P&B Really needs a sub section for the odd person who may be a Tory, or not up for independence, or drives an Audi, or is middle management, or supports Zombie Fc, or actively uses facebook, or supports herd immunity, or wears football shirts at the airport, or supports ra joonyers, or is a big Trump supporter, or eat crisps on British railways, or queue for a big mac, or

Actually I'm always amazed how the world has not realised that the cream of humanity actually inhabit this site.

I've only ever upset one poster to the extent of getting a PM. It was @Jelavic4m man who offered to sponsor me £1000 for the Edinburgh Marathon on the strange condition that I "Died of fucking cancer". I didn't take him up on the offer as I wasn't convinced he would pay up tbh. I also posted his PM up in the thread he'd been crying about and he disappeared. 

P&B has genuinely broken a few folk though. Seamus was actually a pretty sound guy in real life but he went properly off the scale on P&B, not helped by a couple of posters looking for him on Facebook right enough. He posted increasingly paranoid stuff through a variety of aliases and it was probably for the best (for his own sake) that he eventually sacked it entirely. 

This is one of those threads where you initially agree with the sentiment, then you see utter roasters complaining of being bullied, then you think "f**k it, I'll carry on exactly as I was". 

12 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Underneath it all though, it’s just words on a screen. They can’t hurt you. Ignoring it is easy.

I wish you could've got this message to that poor 100% wid Japanese wrestler who topped herself yesterday due to online abuse. 

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2020/05/77d3f1ede7a4-suicide-note-written-by-japanese-netflix-star-hana-kimura-found.html

35 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I've only ever upset one poster to the extent of getting a PM. It was @Jelavic4m man who offered to sponsor me £1000 for the Edinburgh Marathon on the strange condition that I "Died of fucking cancer".  I didn't take him up on the offer as I wasn't convinced he would pay up tbh. I also posted his PM up in the thread he'd been crying about and he disappeared. 

P&B has genuinely broken a few folk though. Seamus was actually a pretty sound guy in real life but he went properly off the scale on P&B, not helped by a couple of posters looking for him on Facebook right enough. He posted increasingly paranoid stuff through a variety of aliases and it was probably for the best (for his own sake) that he eventually sacked it entirely. 

Snowflake.

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

I wish you could've got this message to that poor 100% wid Japanese wrestler who topped herself yesterday due to online abuse. 

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2020/05/77d3f1ede7a4-suicide-note-written-by-japanese-netflix-star-hana-kimura-found.html

That's a terrible story.  I think there's something a bit different between posting on here and a celebrity on a platform like Twitter, most posters on here don't have to be here and are less likely to receive large volumes of abuse.

I also think that you can't say that a person committed suicide due to one specific thing.  The Samaritans have guidelines on how to report on suicide and they always say that a suicide shouldn't be simplified to one cause.  I'm sure there are plenty of people who can simply brush off people sending them online abuse, or even relish it, whereas for other people it's devastating.  You often find when looking a little below the surface of a high profile suicide that there is more at play than first thought.  

37 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

off the scale on P&B, not helped by a couple of posters looking for him on Facebook right enough. . 

I always try and keep in mind to only post stuff that is pretty much me in real life. A few posters know who I am or have messaged me to say they’ve had me pop up on Facebook (with my one post every few years). Maybe it’s a bit beige but in general the forum is fairly well self-policed. There’s no place for racism or homophobia so even though there are plenty of loons on here there is a general level of decency and the occasional ones who cross the line are removed. Maybe that makes things a bit homogeneous, as suggested by @superbigal but there is an unwritten code of conduct/decency and that’s no bad thing.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

That's a terrible story.  I think there's something a bit different between posting on here and a celebrity on a platform like Twitter, most posters on here don't have to be here and are less likely to receive large volumes of abuse.

I also think that you can't say that a person committed suicide due to one specific thing.  The Samaritans have guidelines on how to report on suicide and they always say that a suicide shouldn't be simplified to one cause.  I'm sure there are plenty of people who can simply brush off people sending them online abuse, or even relish it, whereas for other people it's devastating.  You often find when looking a little below the surface of a high profile suicide that there is more at play than first thought.  

Has there ever been genuine bullying on here.  Weeper Dee got a hard time because of his post about his old man and Grimbo got hounded.  These could arguably be classed as such I suppose.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Has there ever been genuine bullying on here.  Weeper Dee got a hard time because of his post about his old man and Grimbo got hounded.  These could arguably be classed as such I suppose.

I didn't pay much attention at the time, but I seem to remember that Kilt got hounded on here as well.

And there was that horrible incident which Div had to deal with but don't think that was a regular poster.