Do you ever stop to think...

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Just checked his avatar and spent the last 5 mins trying to think where I remembered her from. Eventually got there - the Purge TV series. I now know her name is Lili Simmons.

So the thread has that going for it if nothing else.

I’ve no idea who is avatar is, I was just trying to be insulting.

I'd agree with the poster who said that making use of The Forum's Ignore List functionality makes a huge positive difference. We're all on here for fun and to make new friends but some people can ruin it for the rest of us.

BAs wee brother makes a good point tbf.

It can be hard to tell at times how some folk handle stick, some folk can brush it off and others can take online stick personally.  Back on the bralt quite a few of us probably took it too far at times, another thing is the seasonal trying to make people have heads gone on here which can go too far at times.

A few years back I'd have said 'dish it out, take it back' but I'm probably more laidback now. 

Well no.  I hadn't considered how my behaviour on here might affect other people.  Maybe I should have been more thoughtful.

For example I once started a thread on whether or not it was a good idea to keep odd socks.  I thought it might be good for a laugh but now I realise that for some people this might be a crippling dilemma that troubles them every day.

I guess I will need to mend my ways and be more sensitive.

This thread has a great enlightenment to me.

The only time I've really been wound up on here was by some fuckwit of a Celtic supporter from Toronto, can't remember his name or even really what he wound me up about. I can see now he was just a troll, and it probably wouldn't bother me now.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Do you ever stop to think what a fucking shambles your thread title is? 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Stick a ‘you’ in there, Chief.

What are you on about?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

There are some right fucking arseholes on here for sure but not many. And despite the fact that I dont think I speak to people on here in a way I wouldnt do IRL, I have been less than exemplary sometimes. The covid thing has caused me to rethink that, so I wont be getting involved in the usual pile ons in the same way I once did. Theres no need for it. 

Theres the odd example of folk tying themselves in knots on here trying to bully others but it's generally a fairly self policing environment. 

Good thread though. 

If I was to choose any poster to be pilling up on me (not euph) it would be you.

The internet has always been a strange method of communicating and you find big differences between how people are on here to how they are in real life.

When I was a teenager in the late 90s I used to use chatrooms to talk about music to other people across the U.K. eventually quite a few of us who used a specific room ended up meeting up. They were based in England and I happened to be in roughly the right part of the country so went to the pub to meet them. There was one guy who came and in the room he was a bit cutting, scornful and nasty. He was changeable though and could be alright, people put it down to him being a bit arrogant and a lot of people liked him. When I met him he was just a completely bland person, not even the stereotypical “fat Barry from Slough” type troll, he was a human blamange. Total nothingness. It was disappointing that all the bullshit he came out with was just that, bullshit.

This was in the early days of the internet and we’ve seen this affect multiplied across a huge slice of the population now. We also live in a society where expressing emotions and “being your true self” is seen as the highest thing you can do, I think this leads to people trying to show off and build a character for themselves, as well as contributing to people sending others terrible abuse online.

Underneath it all though, it’s just words on a screen. They can’t hurt you. Ignoring it is easy.

8 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Should've gone out for a 30 mile drive to test the eyes before reading.

Does this mean he's been posting in support of that arsehole Cummings?

Trying way too hard. Needs to get back to the simple things, like furious cranial explosions over the undeserving poor.

5 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Does this mean he's been posting in support of that arsehole Cummings?

Trying way too hard. Needs to get back to the simple things, like furious cranial explosions over the undeserving poor.

He's come up with a howler on Covid thread. Cummings-esque in its misreading of how people are reacting to the episode.