Do you ever stop to think...

3 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

To have a sleeper accounting sitting idle for over a decade, slowly biding your time before unleashing multiple red reputation points, is serious dedication.

I can't even remember the password for a few stock thi gs I set up over a fortnight ago. Who writes down and keeps account passwords that long 'just in case'?

Dedication isn't how I'd describe it. 

14 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

we act like a swarm of bees when a hornet gets in the nest, smothering it and slowly raising the temperature till it dies.

is this a service that forum members could  collectively offer, now that the thread of 'asian murder hornets' * invading over the channel is a real and present danger ?

have any P&B'ers ever snuggled up to a dangerous, bitey insect until it spontaneously combusted ?

* link to Sun article - apologies

Surely 3 bottles of wine per day has to be about the maximum amount that's drinkable.   

I’ve only ever managed two bottles of the tonic wine spread out over a full day so fair play brother for managing three, remarkable stuff.

On 30/05/2020 at 17:56, welshbairn said:

One or more of the mods has a thing about him. I'd say he's one of the least offensive posters on the forum. I think he's been banned from teasing the nano-thin skinned cycling community.

They should wear lycra, imho

On 30/05/2020 at 19:40, Granny Danger said:

Au contraire, I’ve become far more placid with the pressures of work lifted.

Can’t belief that tosspot is moaning about red dots.  

Actually I can.

That's why you should retire.

Pressure and stress disappeared as soon as I quit work.

I occasionally read some of the e-mail chains from my last work. Thank f*** to be rid of that shit.

On 30/05/2020 at 21:47, 19QOS19 said:

My window cleaner uses ladders. Far better than the extended pole.

Mick McCarthy Careless Whisper on Make a GIF

On 31/05/2020 at 08:21, djchapsticks said:

The P&B annual 5s tournaments were a perfect melting pot for this type of thing. Loads of brilliant characters showed up to those things but sometimes, you'd get a right gobby one on here showing up and were socially crippled to the point they wouldn't even speak to anyone else. 

Name the guilty men!

23 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It would be useful to have some guidelines as some posters are abusive most of the time.

Stop posting then...

12 hours ago, Disabled Colin said:

Who's behind the @utility man username.   Received a few red squares recently.   Registered in 2009 and no posts.  

Sarge's bin cleaner.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

12 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

To have a sleeper accounting sitting idle for over a decade, slowly biding your time before unleashing multiple red reputation points, is serious dedication.

...and, remarkably, not unusual. Some folk seem to have dozens of accounts just waiting for the day that the banhammer falls/a stranger on the internet annoys them. Every now and then someone will point out that there are loads of zombie accounts, set up donkeys years ago, that will occasionally spring into life purely to give reputation points. They must need to keep a list of login details somewhere. Presumably they've set up multiple VPN connections to stop the mods realising it's all the same person. Just imagine the time that setting all this up, then logging in and out of these accounts, must take. And this is just one website; they'll likely do it elsewhere too.

Christ, I've come out in a cold sweat. There are worse monsters than WaffenThinMint out there. Bobby Skidmarks got off light.

...and, remarkably, not unusual. Some folk seem to have dozens of accounts just waiting for the day that the banhammer falls/a stranger on the internet annoys them. Every now and then someone will point out that there are loads of zombie accounts, set up donkeys years ago, that will occasionally spring into life purely to give reputation points. They must need to keep a list of login details somewhere. Presumably they've set up multiple VPN connections to stop the mods realising it's all the same person. Just imagine the time that setting all this up, then logging in and out of these accounts, must take. And this is just one website; they'll likely do it elsewhere too.
Christ, I've come out in a cold sweat. There are worse monsters than WaffenThinMint out there. Bobby Skidmarks got off light.

It depends what you value more: your life in WTM’s case or (far more seriously imo) your reputation on here.

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Yup. Gone for the time being. Benny’s dome blast has blown it out of orbit I think.

Cheers. I assumed that would be the case with the clique winding him up to the point of explosion.

Just someone using stuff said on the depression thread as ammo. Not cool. Not Bennett or anyone taking the pish out his trolling efforts.

Edited by welshbairn

I think there's no harm in coming together and writing it down as a procedure, maybe to be activated by a code phrase in a thread. The key is to incrementally say more and more provocative things to your intended target until they push themselves over the line with their own posts.

I'd recommend [mention=15829]Day of the Lords[/mention] as the chairman of this endeavour as he's done this masterfully on occasion.
High praise, though triggering the likes of Kincy isn't much of a challenge.

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

It was the tightrope act you performed while getting Malky's buddy banned I was thinking of. Every post just the right side of action leading to a heads gone overreaction. Give folk enough rope...

@Glenanover maybe? I can't remember what eventually got him booted, but i vaguely remember that getting him very angry was good fun. He was kind of like what would happen if @WaffenThinMint had ever started spending significant time in the Politics sub-forum. A creepy wee headcase who is undoubtedly on the radar of his local Social Work's Criminal Justice Service. 

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

That's him, I always struggle to remember folk after they've been emptied.

I actually thought Glenanover was an alias of McSpreader's equally creepy pal from a year or two back. Fucked if i could remember the name but he was a homophobic wee arsehole with a very similar posting style. 

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

I actually thought Glenanover was an alias of McSpreader's equally creepy pal from a year or two back. Fucked if i could remember the name but he was a homophobic wee arsehole with a very similar posting style. 

I thought it was Malky's grandson or something, they had a weird double act going.

@Hymlick Manouvre

I thought it was Malky's grandson or something, they had a weird double act going.
[mention=78856]Hymlick Manouvre[/mention]
No i don't think so, Malky was a just a fantasist who would invent stories about members of his family to tie in with whatever anti-SNP rage he was having on a given day. Curiously they both claimed to be engineers on the same day in different posts on different threads.