Do you ever stop to think...

24 minutes ago, throbber said:

but there wasn’t a mention of your personal circumstances 

He regularly went onto the depression thread and made snide remarks to the people who had wound him up. He said what he did and then made another account to come back and say he never actually meant it the way he phrased it but stopped short of apologising for posting it. 

Hopefully our paths cross one day. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

I always found the digs at O'Grady about the house fire to be way over the score, particularly the points about his pets dying. It was the ultimate playing the man rather than the ball. 

Re using the funds to go on holiday, I prefer not to speak.

It was very funny though.

On 08/04/2016 at 15:02, Bobby Skidmarks said:

How much did the fund raising get?

I'm sure it made the papers and everything. I wonder if they'll do a follow up interview?

On 08/04/2016 at 16:27, GingerSaint said:

On 08/04/2016 at 16:33, Bobby Skidmarks said:

£9500?!

Just think, he could have given that to the cat and dog home as a tribute to his crispy pets.

On 08/04/2016 at 16:37, throbber said:

Bobby you monster.

P.S. The thing that made people turn on Grimbo was the fundraiser making out he was destitute and lost everything, then he came on here bragging that the fire was all covered by insurance and he was spending the £10,000 on rewiring a second home and a Baltic Cruise. Thought he deserved a holiday after what he went through and didn't begrudge him my tenner, but he didn't have to gloat about it. Or sign every fucking post with his username.

Edited by welshbairn

38 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He regularly went onto the depression thread and made snide remarks to the people who had wound him up. He said what he did and then made another account to come back and say he never actually meant it the way he phrased it but stopped short of apologising for posting it. 

Hopefully our paths cross one day. 

I didn’t notice any of this, he was clearly not well and the place had got to him. Like I said he would have been alright if he stuck to posting about match days and kept to the appropriate forums but when guys started having digs at him he couldn’t handle it. 

Im about 90% sure I met him in a pub in Edinburgh about 10 years ago, the way this guy relentlessly banged on about Liverpool to people who completely couldn’t care less was exactly what Rab was like on here, he also spoke about the supporters bus they went on.

14 minutes ago, throbber said:

I didn’t notice any of this, he was clearly not well and the place had got to him. Like I said he would have been alright if he stuck to posting about match days and kept to the appropriate forums but when guys started having digs at him he couldn’t handle it. 

Im about 90% sure I met him in a pub in Edinburgh about 10 years ago, the way this guy relentlessly banged on about Liverpool to people who completely couldn’t care less was exactly what Rab was like on here, he also spoke about the supporters bus they went on.

He doesn’t and never has went on a supporters bus.

10 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

He doesn’t and never has went on a supporters bus.

He at least spoke about a group of guys who went down in a mini bus from Edinburgh - Liverpool for games when posting on here.

Amazing. Going from the topic in the first two pages I've skipped straight to the end and we're back to Grimbo's poor lost pet. 

It's like the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon thing, give any new thread a few pages and it'll go straight to either Grimbo's cruise, Marshy's dots or Throbber's relationship. 

42 minutes ago, throbber said:

On 13/03/2019 at 20:56, throbber said:

Rab did you ever hang about the Cannonmills area of Edinburgh around 10 years ago and harp on incessantly to people in pubs about Liverpool? I remember once meeting a guy who would bang on much the same was as you do on here a couple of times at a pub down there and wondered if it could maybe have been you.

On 13/03/2019 at 22:50, Rab B Nesbit said:

Funnily enough throbber I used to stay not too far from there :lol:

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It was very funny though.

P.S. The thing that made people turn on Grimbo was the fundraiser making out he was destitute and lost everything, then he came on here bragging that the fire was all covered by insurance and he was spending the £10,000 on rewiring a second home and a Baltic Cruise. Thought he deserved a holiday after what he went through and didn't begrudge him my tenner, but he didn't have to gloat about it. Or sign every fucking post with his username.

The jealousy from Skidmarks over people helping out Grimbo was something else.

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Why don't you add him to your lengthy ignored list if he riles you so much? His sense of humour and general posting style is clearly wasted on you.

Not the easiest when he's got a new username every three days. 

8 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Not the easiest when he's got a new username every three days. 

One or more of the mods has a thing about him. I'd say he's one of the least offensive posters on the forum. I think he's been banned from teasing the nano-thin skinned cycling community.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Lockdown hasn't been kind on the old yin's temper.

Au contraire, I’ve become far more placid with the pressures of work lifted.

Can’t belief that tosspot is moaning about red dots.  

Actually I can.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Au contraire, I’ve become far more placid with the pressures of work lifted.

Can’t belief that tosspot is moaning about red dots.  

Actually I can.

You should probably give him some more.

It's the only language they understand.