Do you ever stop to think...

14 minutes ago, Disabled Colin said:

I do mind Dee Man.  

I found your question a bit direct and invasive.  A bit nasty, really.  

Probably shouldn't have put that you were disabled in your username if you are so sensitive about it, Colin. 

I’m siding with Deeman here, it was a fairly rational question given the username. If I signed on the forum as “Sex offender Steve” I would expect to be succumbed to a similar line of questioning.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

I’m siding with Deeman here, it was a fairly rational question given the username. If I signed on the forum as “Sex offender Steve” I would expect to be succumbed to a similar line of questioning.

Do you have a throbber right at this moment, throbber? 

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

Your posts gave you away without having your user name as that.

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Agreeing with Ali here. Diane Abbot got her numbers wrong and a big deal was made of. Amber Rudd (I think it was) got her numbers wrong and it was hardly mentioned. Work out the difference.

Edit; it was Priti Patel I was thinking of. So I guess the difference is the party you’re aligned with.

Yep. Abbott got a figure wrong (possibly mitigating circumstances) and is mocked across media, both social and mainstream, for weeks.

Hammond (Chancellor!) gets HS2 costings wrong, hardly a ripple.

Patel commits treason and becomes Home Secretary.

What scum dislike about Abbott is not her colour, intelligence or even the fact that she is a Labour politician. They dislike her because they've been told to dislike her.

Her constituency regularly returns her to Parliament with a 30,000+ majority, so maybe she isn't all that bad at her job.

Similarly, while any objective observer would characterise Patel as a cúnt of the highest order, she's handy for the right-wing because she is an equal-opportunities cúnt, perfectly willing to fúck over anyone, including those minorities who are supposed to look upon her as an example of modern Britain's inclusivity* In actual fact, she's simply a cúnt, and I would back Abbott against her in any debate, test of knowledge, or simple assessment for membership of the human race.

*See also Sajid Javid (who I believe may be a bus-driver's son) and especially Kwasl Karteng - Uncle Tom Lives!

Yep. Abbott got a figure wrong (possibly mitigating circumstances) and is mocked across media, both social and mainstream, for weeks.
What scum dislike about Abbott is not her colour, intelligence or even the fact that she is a Labour politician. They dislike her because they've been told to dislike her.
Her constituency regularly returns her to Parliament with a 30,000+ majority, so maybe she isn't all that bad at her job.
Similarly, while any objective observer would characterise Patel as a cúnt of the highest order, she's handy for the right-wing because she is an equal-opportunities cúnt, perfectly willing to fúck over anyone, including those minorities who are supposed to look upon her as an example of modern Britain's inclusivity* In actual fact, she's simply a cúnt, and I would back Abbott against her in any debate, test of knowledge, or simple assessment for membership of the human race.
*See also Sajid Javid (who I believe may be a bus-driver's son) and especially Kwasl Karteng - Uncle Tom Lives!

Don’t forget Keir Starmer has some ruddy bloody land we were all to be outraged about. Can’t remember the fact Dominic Cumming’s parents obviously had a fair bit of land and houses being mentioned.

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think all social media can be incredibly dangerous. Maybe I'm just inherently suspicious of it/conservative, having grown up without even a phone in the house. I have a Facebook account that I've never used, (I'm not even sure of the password anymore, but it's probably my "normal" one), I don't "do" Twiitter or any of those and I don't write a blog. My phone is pay as you go, make calls, receive calls, send texts, receive texts.

Even e-mails have to be treated with caution, whether work related or otherwise, once it's sent, it's sent. As someone remarked to me when we were discussing e-mails - "You can't unring a bell".

You can actually recall an email 

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Before or after the recipient has read it? And does that mean there is no record of said e-mail?

Genuinely interested in this.

12 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I agree with what you say about attitudes towards Abbot, but as someone broadly sympathetic to the left of the Labour Party I didn’t like her.  I didn’t like her because she was promoted way beyond her ability and didn’t have the guts to refuse that promotion.

There’s many others in politics this could be applied to and I don’t like them either.

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

11 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Before or after the recipient has read it? And does that mean there is no record of said e-mail?

Me too, would have saved me embarrassment a few times. Keep forgetting that you can't edit like I do for nearly every post on here. 

7 minutes ago, Disabled Colin said:

I'm not ashamed about it.   Paraplegia's an awful thing to live with, I just don't like talking about the accident.    

I didn't chose the username 'Ask me about my accident'  for a reason.    I chose Disabled Colin because I'm disabled and my name was and still is Colin.   

Do you drive an adapted Kia Ceed through the motability scheme? I hear it's a fine automobile.

21 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

^^ Sender of threatening emails, IMO. 

3 hours ago, ali_91 said:

People don’t like her because she’s a pioneering black woman with opinions.

Let’s not try and pretend otherwise, it makes you look a nasty shade of gammon. 

I said a lot of people ALSO don't like her because of the other reasons I list. I suggest there are  a host of reasons for people's positive and negative views on her (including those views you list) and I have my own which are certainly nothing to do with her background or ethnicity. I also dislike hundreds of other MPs due to their hypocrisy, arrogance and stupidity - "trailblazers" or otherwise -  Keith Vaz (if he is till an MP), Theresa May, Alistair Carmichael for example and the def ex MPs Douglas Alexander and Jim Murphy. 

Your sweeping attempt to paint any criticism of her as solely down to her ethnicity and gender smacks of desperate virtue-signalling. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

^^ Sender of threatening emails, IMO. 

Very careful about sending e-mails, particularly when I was working. Felt like sending threatening ones on more than one occasion mind.

Now my e-mails are basically limited to placing my on line shopping order. Much more relaxing.