Do you ever stop to think...

...how you behave on here affects others?

Some folk can across as right dicks at times on here. Some have a sneering, arrogant act and some have a wind up act.

I usually just ignore that sort of thing but some others may be more affected by it than you know. I imagine most folk don't actually want to upset anyone, but it definitely happens. 

Arguments will no doubt be made about how folk shouldn't be on here if they 'can't take it', but that's too easy and refuses responsibility. This is supposed to be a laugh for the most part with some sensible debate, or at least debate, thrown in.

Some folk might be having a tough time, and of course you don't know (how could you?), but does anyone ever think that perhaps they've been a bit of a tosser, even if you haven't upset anyone?

Certainly there's a few times where I've been a bit heavy on folk and have thought that there was no need for it reading it back, and even if the people in question didn't care or found it amusing, that doesn't really excuse it.

I just think can maybe be a little nicer sometimes.

I shall now open the floor to insults...

Edited by DA Baracus

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Some folk can across as right dicks at times on here. Some have a sneering, arrogant act and some have a wind up act.

I usually just ignore that sort of thing but some others may be more affected by it than you know. I imagine most folk don't actually want to upset anyone, but it definitely happens. 

Arguments will no doubt be made about how folk shouldn't be on here if they 'can't take it', but that's too easy and refuses responsibility.

Some folk might be having a tough time, and of course you don't know (how could you?), but does anyone ever think that perhaps they've been a bit of a tosser, even if you haven't upset anyone?

Certainly there's a few times where I've been a bit heavy on folk and have thought that there was no need for it, and even if the people in question didn't care or found it amusing, that doesn't really excuse it.

You may be right.

But fùck off all the same.

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Arguments will no doubt be made about how folk shouldn't be on here if they 'can't take it', but that's too easy and refuses responsibility. This is supposed to be a laugh for the most part with some sensible debate, or at least debate, thrown in.

Certainly there's a few times where I've been a bit heavy on folk and have thought that there was no need for it reading it back, and even if the people in question didn't care or found it amusing, that doesn't really excuse it.

There are some right fucking arseholes on here for sure but not many. And despite the fact that I dont think I speak to people on here in a way I wouldnt do IRL, I have been less than exemplary sometimes. The covid thing has caused me to rethink that, so I wont be getting involved in the usual pile ons in the same way I once did. Theres no need for it. 

Theres the odd example of folk tying themselves in knots on here trying to bully others but it's generally a fairly self policing environment. 

Good thread though. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

There are some right fucking arseholes on here for sure but not many. And despite the fact that I dont think I speak to people on here in a way I wouldnt do IRL, I have been less than exemplary sometimes. The covid thing has caused me to rethink that, so I wont be getting involved in the usual pile ons in the same way I once did. Theres no need for it. 

Theres the odd example of folk tying themselves in knots on here trying to bully others but it's generally a fairly self policing environment. 

Good thread though. 

^^^^ Snowflake.

Small snowflake.

I’ve stuck a couple of people on Ignore. That’s helped.

I think it depends what sort of mood people are in when they come on here. If i’m in a good mood I’m less likely to be a horrible c**t. If I’m in a foul mood, then the opposite is true. Then there are the trolls.

Edited by Scary Bear

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s more attractive than your avatar, or your shoes, or your life.

Just checked his avatar and spent the last 5 mins trying to think where I remembered her from. Eventually got there - the Purge TV series. I now know her name is Lili Simmons.

So the thread has that going for it if nothing else.