3 people talking garbage in lockdown

If it was a closed shop and only full time teams could compete in the "professional" leagues, what would happen if a club did as Airdrie did in 2016/17, decide to go full time, then go back to part time the next year? Would they be included for a year then punted straight back? Would full time teams such as Stirling Uni 1s and "Caledonian Braves" (10th and 8th in the Lowland League respectively) be included? Would Arbroath really be excluded despite being demonstrably better than around 1/3 of our full time teams, just because they can't afford to go full time? Reminds me of the SPL 10,000 seat stadium rule which is exactly the sort of thing we should be moving away from.

I ask these questions rhetorically, because as usual with these sorts of suggestions I doubt the morons spouting them have actually thought them through.

Correct me if I'm wrong Original Rangers - full time club, couldn't look after their finances, died resulting in job losses at the club and to their creditors

New Rangers - full time club, struggling to look after their finances

Hearts - full time club, struggling to look after their finances

Gretna - full time club, couldn't look after their finances, died resulting in job losses at the club and to their creditors

All played in the big boys' league and these are the teams we should try to emulate 

Dundee been in administration

Livingston administration twice

Aberdeen lost £5million

On 27/05/2020 at 08:16, The Minertaur said:

So we should just allow the full time clubs to dictate what happens in Scotland? 

Colt Clubs in the leagues?

Sure!

Reconstruction to simply stop Hearts being relegated?

You full time guys know best!

This has all came from the recent talk about league reconstruction - we obviously shouldn't have a say in it as it's not as if we'll be the ones most affected by it.

As much as I agree that Strachan is talking absolute tripe, the League 2 sides were very happy to vote through the last reconstruction as long as it gave them the chance to close the trapdoor for a year - it was a bunch of Premiership sides who blocked it.

53 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

As much as I agree that Strachan is talking absolute tripe, the League 2 sides were very happy to vote through the last reconstruction as long as it gave them the chance to close the trapdoor for a year - it was a bunch of Premiership sides who blocked it.

Agreed but it's understandable during the financial worries the clubs will be going through just now that the League 2 clubs wanted the guarantee of not going down for a season.  I don't agree with it myself but I fully understand why the L2 clubs did what they did.  Just like I understand Hearts doing what they are.

The biggest issue with reconstruction in Scottish football is that every club is looking out for itself and there's little to no hope of anything ever being voted through.  

Do we really need reconstruction though right now?  We're in an unprecedented time which could last for ages yet and there's no benefit to just rushing stuff through.

4 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Agreed but it's understandable during the financial worries the clubs will be going through just now that the League 2 clubs wanted the guarantee of not going down for a season.  I don't agree with it myself but I fully understand why the L2 clubs did what they did.  Just like I understand Hearts doing what they are.

The biggest issue with reconstruction in Scottish football is that every club is looking out for itself and there's little to no hope of anything ever being voted through.  

Do we really need reconstruction though right now?  We're in an unprecedented time which could last for ages yet and there's no benefit to just rushing stuff through.

It’s only about Hearts though. 
How about a top league of ten teams and the other two of 16 teams only playing each other twice.

The start of the season will be delayed so this would allow more chance of completing the season.

Would Budge go for that? Of course not.

It’s ridiculous that she or anyone else from Hearts is so heavily involved. Could only happen in Scotland.

I  will always champion the smaller clubs we have in the lower leagues. The players have my utmost admiration for the effort they put in. I'm sure many do so in order to supplement their income for the benefit of their families. 

All the clubs I can think of are well run, and run on sound business structures. They'd have to be otherwise they wouldn't survive. Yes, there definitely should be a place for them in the set up. 

Also, although obviously not a fan of Dunfermline, Falkirk, Ayr Utd and a few more besides I think a top league of 20 would be good for the game. Too many meaningless games, not enough at stake some would say. Well I disagree. Dunfermline v Falkirk meaningless,  Kilmarnock v Ayr, St Mirren v Morton, meaningless? Never.

I've been watching the game long enough to know there's quality in all levels of Scottish football, although there's room for improvement, there's definately potential. It's how the leagues are set up that in my opinion is wrong. Two leagues of 20 and summer football for me. Quite a rant there, however these are my views, You'll have yours as well, and like me missing getting out to games. Take care, stay safe.

On 26/05/2020 at 13:38, Vandy said:

Strachan is right,there should be a distinction between full time professional football and part time clubs.

The cash that’s generated through tv etc should be shared amongst the clubs that are giving people full time employment.

Part time clubs should be playing regional football and should be there to serve their communities.

If clubs want to progress then they have to go full time.If they can’t then they stay where they are.

I agree with a lot of that. Strachan gets a hard time because he is outspoken, but some of the stuff he says is very interesting and at least he thinks a bit more outside the box instead of the same pish you here from the clique.

His comment about bigger or taller players when Scotland manager let him down though.

Edited by big al

9 hours ago, big al said:

I agree with a lot of that. Strachan gets a hard time because he is outspoken, but some of the stuff he says is very interesting and at least he thinks a bit more outside the box instead of the same pish you here from the clique.

It's interesting because it's wild to think that somebody could have such a nonsense opinion.  He's a key part of the clique!

If there was ever a better situation that illustrates the old phrase, "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic", then reconstruction, at a time when we have absolutely no idea if football in front of fans will  even start, is it.  Hearts need to suck it up, get on with life in the Championship and exploit that to their benefit. They've been a shambles on the park for years; they have a season to sort that out. They are in the fortunate position of having a very loyal fan base who will support them though it.