Gordon Strachan the voice of scottish fitba

I've made my comments on Strachan on the Sportsound thread on the Premiership forum.

To sum up; he's a Celtic no mark cunt who probably hasn't been to a Scottish league match since his last as Celtic manager.

Dundee employee demands clubs should be chucked out if they continue wasting their money on shite while underperforming.

We're through the looking glass.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee employee demands clubs should be chucked out if they continue wasting their money on shite while underperforming.

We're through the looking glass.

He doesn't have a contract with us.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Does he work for Dundee?

Nope, he works with Dundee implementing his programme. Subtle but key difference. It also means we've not been able to put him on furlough.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nope, he works with Dundee implementing his programme. Subtle but key difference. It also means we've not been able to put him on furlough.

Get him to f**k then 😂

I understand why you hired him, but after the Adam Johnson stuff you shouldn't have touched him. Always surprised there was never a fuss made about his appointment.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Get him to f**k then 😂

I understand why you hired him, but after the Adam Johnson stuff you shouldn't have touched him. Always surprised there was never a fuss made about his appointment.

I'm still happy he's at the club. It's not as if we've produced much talent over the past 10 year or so. The key players being: Kevin McDonald, Scott Robertson, Paul Dixon, Craig Forsyth, Craig Wighton, Cammy Kerr & now Finlay Robertson. The first 4 achieved Scotland caps, but only Kevin McDonald & Craig Forsyth have really 'made it' in a sense that they could probably completely retire when they give up football whilst Wighton & Kerr look like they'll not make it much higher than the clubs they are at now.

Since he's came in he's implemented some stuff that whilst not exactly revolutional, has been massively important. The youth and parents are much more involved and he's ensuring that they prepare for life outside of football if it doesn't work out which doesn't happen enough in football.

He's got a perfect blank canvass to prove his philosophy on youth football is right and his experience in management undoubtedly will help McPake. He's got some crazy views, or at the very least, he puts his views across in some crazy ways, but he's still got loads to add to any Scottish club.

As much as he puts his foot in his mouth, he'd be an asset to pretty much most Scottish clubs in one way or another.

Edited by Ludo*1

Guest SJP79

Craig Bryson part time at Clyde, good spells at Killie, Derby and now Aberdeen 

Plus he scored in the famous 2-1 win over Celtic in Roy Keane's debut. 

35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's got some crazy views, or at the very least, he puts his views across in some crazy ways, but he's still got loads to add to any Scottish club.

As much as he puts his foot in his mouth, he'd be an asset to pretty much most Scottish clubs in one way or another.

Hmm, not sure I can believe he has much to offer my club when his advice to us on how to improve is "go full time". It's similar chat Charlie Nicholas was hitting out with only a few weeks ago. Strachan might be able to coach wee laddies fairly well but he should keep his trap shut when it comes to things he is wilfully ignorant about.

How are these clubs supposed to go full time? Do Strachan and Nicholas not realise full time hours require the workers to be paid more? If Annan Athletic had enough finances to be full time would they not be full time?  They're implying that these clubs just can't be arsed.

Willie Miller levels of business acumen from these two gimps.

4 hours ago, mo83 said:

He wants all the top teams in the league I understand that.But if you have been rank rotten like Dundee and Hearts have been this year you deserve to come down?Cant just stay in the league because your the so called "big teams"

Worked for us...

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

How are these clubs supposed to go full time? Do Strachan and Nicholas not realise full time hours require the workers to be paid more? If Annan Athletic had enough finances to be full time would they not be full time?  They're implying that these clubs just can't be arsed.

That's the long and short of it aye. It always seems to be around the time that the full time clubs at the top of the country are going into full on meltdown that the smaller clubs start taking hits from former cunty pros who just need to keep themselves relevant. Two weeks ago the part time clubs "held too much power" and this week we're being backhanded for being poor. When it comes to voting for more money going to the lower divisions you can bet your house on it that Strachan won't be in favour too.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Premiership in scotland though is about league one if you're lucky down south outside the old firm.

So?

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm still happy he's at the club. It's not as if we've produced much talent over the past 10 year or so. The key players being: Kevin McDonald, Scott Robertson, Paul Dixon, Craig Forsyth, Craig Wighton, Cammy Kerr & now Finlay Robertson. The first 4 achieved Scotland caps, but only Kevin McDonald & Craig Forsyth have really 'made it' in a sense that they could probably completely retire when they give up football whilst Wighton & Kerr look like they'll not make it much higher than the clubs they are at now.

Since he's came in he's implemented some stuff that whilst not exactly revolutional, has been massively important. The youth and parents are much more involved and he's ensuring that they prepare for life outside of football if it doesn't work out which doesn't happen enough in football.

He's got a perfect blank canvass to prove his philosophy on youth football is right and his experience in management undoubtedly will help McPake. He's got some crazy views, or at the very least, he puts his views across in some crazy ways, but he's still got loads to add to any Scottish club.

Genuine question; is he good at developing young talent? Can't say I followed his managerial career so don't know his record.

22 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's exactly that. These same morons clapped Gretna through the leagues and will the kind who praise Kelty Hearts for their 'ambition'. 

In short, they equate ambition with money, and those not chucking cash around are not only un-ambitious, but complacent and holding bigger clubs back.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

So?

Genuine question; is he good at developing young talent? Can't say I followed his managerial career so don't know his record.

It's exactly that. These same morons clapped Gretna through the leagues and will the kind who praise Kelty Hearts for their 'ambition'. 

In short, they equate ambition with money, and those not chucking cash around are not only un-ambitious, but complacent and holding bigger clubs back.

I was asking why we were marking the scottish premiership as having made it but not playing in league one in england.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Now will be the time to find out. Since he's joined the parents have been much more impressed with the set-up. We've pretty much cleared the decks in terms of existing youth players (Eligible for professional terms) though so he obviously wasn't impressed with what we had at the club.

I know a lot of ex-players credit him with having a massive impact on their careers in the same way they do with Walter Smith etc, but they tend to be players he's managed rather than brought on.

The Celtic Wiki says this about him (But again, features many players that were given their debut by other managers):

'He also helped to foster the careers of some of the younger players, such as Maloney, O'Dea, McManus, McGeady & Wilson, and in reflection they will be thankful for the role that WGS has played in their careers. Some will succeed (at Celtic or elsewhere) whilst others inevitably won't but at least he gave them the opportunity. WGS likely was the best developer of youngsters we'd had for the past twenty years or so. Billy McNeil was the last to have done well with youngsters in the squad.'

Edited by Ludo*1

19 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

I wish people would stop making comparisons  with the English Football leagues.

It was only to clarify what making it in the game was. In my view playing regularly  in english league one is as much as making it as playing regularly  in the scottish premiership.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

It was only to clarify what making it in the game was. In my view playing regularly  in english league one is as much as making it as playing regularly  in the scottish premiership.

Absolute shite.

League Division Three FFS.