Gordon Strachan the voice of scottish fitba

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:
2 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

Where is this place called "f**k", of which you speak?  

The juniors, hopefully. 

Leaving aside the fact the juniors currently only exist really in Tayside, Grampian and West Lothian.

My question remains:  "exactly what difference do you think it will make to Scottish Football?"

32 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

"Have full-time employees, have full-time players, have an academy, do the whole lot. Just don't play at being a football team and expect us to look after you.

"When you talk about clubs coming into the league, what are they bringing in? Two hundred people per week to a game, is that really professional football?

Where do you put those clubs ?

He doesn't give a f**k. His entire gripe with Scottish football begins and ends with big clubs like...err...Dundee dropping out of the top league. He's repeated many times that it shouldn't be allowed to happen. He has nothing further to add, other than "f**k all these wee teams".

Gordon Strachan doesn't like Scottish football and never will, because it'll never meet his criteria for a "proper" league system. He needs to get a job back down South where he'll be happier.

Strachan is irrelevant and and an odious man. It’s no wonder that Sky punted him last year. He will have no idea about what goes on in the lower leagues, likewise with the rest of the ‘pundits’ that are on that god awful Sportsound.

So what if clubs don’t have a huge fan base, that’s down to the hordes of ‘fans’ who would rather head to Glasgow than support their local club.

13 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Strachan is irrelevant and and an odious man. It’s no wonder that Sky punted him last year. He will have no idea about what goes on in the lower leagues, likewise with the rest of the ‘pundits’ that are on that god awful Sportsound.

So what if clubs don’t have a huge fan base, that’s down to the hordes of ‘fans’ who would rather head to Glasgow than support their local club.

Post of the year  .

Exactly where they land, as I've already said. There are clubs happy to just go along, yearly, taking money and hovering around in L2. Get them to f**k.
Reconstruct the set up and for teams that were once happy to just 'be' will have to step up or ship out.
The above would apply to almost every club in Scotland. Only two teams have won the league for the last 30 years.

As for hovering around in league 2 there is only two teams that have not played at a higher level in the last 5 seasons.

As a Dundee fan of more years than I care to remember, I winced when I read this pish yesterday. A football team's worth does not equate to whether you can get 60000, 6000 or 600 through the gates or whether you pay £8000, £800 or £80 a week. Celtic and Rangers are no more important than Dundee or Dundee Utd who are no more important than Montrose or Forfar. I appreciate Strachan being at Dens bringing on the kids but please, your days of pontificating on Scottish football are long gone and if this is a measure of it, thank f**k for that.

Guest SJP79
1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

What? 

Your team Dundee finished 5 points ahead of Arbroath who are a part time team, what happened  ?

Edited by SJP79

1 minute ago, mo83 said:

Anyway back to my point how many at your club have made it?Over he last 14 years.....Shankland with queens park?Anymore...

In terms of young players we have developed over the past 10 or so years we have had Ross Callachan (went to Hearts), Ross Laidlaw (went to Hibs), David Bates (Rangers), Kieron Bowie (Fulham).  Thats in addition the players currently still at the club; Lewis Vaughan, Ross Matthews, Dylan Tait.

8 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

Your team Dundee finished 5 points ahead of Arbroath who are a part time team, what happened  ?

You are asking what happened that the team I support, during a season of rebuild, finished above every part time side in a league which is made up of about 40% part time teams? 

What do you expect me to answer here? 

Guest SJP79
1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

You are asking what happened that the team I support, during a season of rebuild, finished above every part time side in a league which is made up of about 40% part time teams? 

What do you expect me to answer here? 

5 Points