Gordon Strachan the voice of scottish fitba

Dundee Fc technical director Gordon Strachan made  some interesting comments yesterday  about Scottish lower league football.One comment stuck out to me mr Strachan said "The teams in the bottom two leagues at the moment ,in general,how many players have they produced over the last 14 years?"

For Montrose Fc the two that spring to mind that came through the youth system would be Martin Boyle and Aaron Taylor Sinclair am sure their could have been more but will start their.How many players has your club produced over the last 14 years?

This is the former national manager who would not play the best striker because he was too wee.

Humiliated by Clyde.

Failed to qualify from a Euro Championship that even McLeish would have gotten us out of.

Ignore the fool.

Guest SJP79
7 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Dundee Fc technical director Gordon Strachan made  some interesting comments yesterday  about Scottish lower league football.One comment stuck out to me mr Strachan said "The teams in the bottom two leagues at the moment ,in general,how many players have they produced over the last 14 years?"

For Montrose Fc the two that spring to mind that came through the youth system would be Martin Boyle and Aaron Taylor Sinclair am sure their could have been more but will start their.How many players has your club produced over the last 14 years?

Strachan's a rocket !

Going by his rationale a lot of community based clubs would be finished, totally out of touch with the game in Scotland.

Edited by SJP79

He's spot on, tbf. The current set up isn't working - and hasn't worked for many, many years. It's high time clubs were pushed and taken out their comfort zone or left behind to wither and die.

I include fans in that, too. For years it's just been accepted that mediocrity is where it's at.

Guest SJP79
2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He's spot on, tbf. The current set up isn't working - and hasn't worked for many, many years. It's high time clubs were pushed and taken out their comfort zone or left behind to wither and die.

I include fans in that, too. For years it's just been accepted that mediocrity is where it's at.

What about the smaller clubs in the leagues  that provide entertainment for the locals in thier community ?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He wants all the top teams in the league I understand that.But if you have been rank rotten like Dundee and Hearts have been this year you deserve to come down?Cant just stay in the league because your the so called "big teams"

1 minute ago, mo83 said:

He wants all the top teams in the league I understand that.But if you have been rank rotten like Dundee and Hearts have been this year you deserve to come down?Cant just stay in the league because your the so called "big teams"

He's never said that - or anything resembling that.

Where are you getting that from?

Guest SJP79
Just now, Mr. Alli said:

What about them?

If thier part time and thats all they can afford due to the size of the fanbase and footfall in the area should they just pack it in then ?

1 minute ago, SJP79 said:

If thier part time and thats all they can afford due to the size of the fanbase and footfall in the area should they just pack it in then ?

Where has he, or I, said that?

They'll ply their trade where they land. If that's outside of the professional game then that's where they will continue to entertain their community.

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

He's never said that - or anything resembling that.

Where are you getting that from?

Yes he did.He was on about selling the "best product" to sky and having the best teams in the league all the time derbies like hibs v hearts,celtic v rangers,dundee v utd .

Guest SJP79
6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Where has he, or I, said that?

They'll ply their trade where they land. If that's outside of the professional game then that's where they will continue to entertain their community.

"Have full-time employees, have full-time players, have an academy, do the whole lot. Just don't play at being a football team and expect us to look after you.

"When you talk about clubs coming into the league, what are they bringing in? Two hundred people per week to a game, is that really professional football?

Where do you put those clubs ?

Edited by SJP79

3 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Yes he did.He was on about selling the "best product" to sky and having the best teams in the league all the time derbies like hibs v hearts,celtic v rangers,dundee v utd .

I apologise. I should have said I'm going off of the BBC article online. 

I will try and give his interview a listen before making more comment if there is more to it.

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

I apologise. I should have said I'm going off of the BBC article online. 

I will try and give his interview a listen before making more comment if there is more to it.

No worries

1 minute ago, SJP79 said:

Where do you put those clubs ?

Exactly where they land, as I've already said. There are clubs happy to just go along, yearly, taking money and hovering around in L2. Get them to f**k.

Reconstruct the set up and for teams that were once happy to just 'be' will have to step up or ship out.

Guest SJP79

Exactly where they land, as I've already said. There are clubs happy to just go along, yearly, taking money and hovering around in L2. Get them to f**k.

Reconstruct the set up and for teams that were once happy to just 'be' will have to step up or ship out.

You only finished 5 points ahead of a part time club, Where was the gulf in glass between the part timers ?

To be fair that does kinda happen?If you finish bottom of league 2 you play the winners of the lowland league v highland league game in a play off to remain in the league or to go out just like what happened to East Stirling and then Berwick Rangers a few years later they got beat so joined the lowland league and we introduced Edinburgh city and cove rangers.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Where is this place called "f**k", of which you speak?  

If we disband L2, say, and send all those clubs down to the Lowland and Highland League, exactly what difference do you think it will make to Scottish Football?

Last 4 finish at Qatar 2022 perhaps?  Green or blue ribbons the on Champions League trophy?

Christ, but Brechin City and Albion Rovers really must be dragging us down as a worldwide football power.