Junior club membership

traffordab

22 hours ago, marconi said:

pretty sure  glenafton have retained SJFA membership

Have they announced it anywhere, as I can't find it on their social media or on a post in this forum?

Meanwhile, Neilston vote to remove Juniors from their name and say no to SJFA membership.

49 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Explain please.

Leaving aside the WoSFL conference farce which has been done to death, Talbot couldn't give an eff about the Junior Cup but if winning it opens a door to the big Scottish, hey ho f**k the rest of you.

It is hard to keep track of this one.  Has anyone a list of those clubs that have declined membership of the SJFA for 2020/21?

The ones I know about are Kilwinning Rangers, Clydebank, Rutherglen Glencairn, Neilston, Bellshill Athletic, Newmains United, Maryhill.

The rest haven't said either way. Just because they haven't said anything it doesn't automatically mean that they have renewed. And for those who have renewed membership it doesn't automatically mean that they will enter next season's Scottish Junior Cup.

46 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Leaving aside the WoSFL conference farce which has been done to death, Talbot couldn't give an eff about the Junior Cup but if winning it opens a door to the big Scottish, hey ho f**k the rest of you.

Don't think the Scottish Cup access is the attraction to them keeping their place. Its a major trophy to them and drives a lot of interest their way.

There's a good chance they won't need the qualifying spot anyway, and the possibility that it won't even exist going forward.

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Don't think the Scottish Cup access is the attraction to them keeping their place. Its a major trophy to them and drives a lot of interest their way.

There's a good chance they won't need the qualifying spot anyway, and the possibility that it won't even exist going forward.

Ah believe you, thousands widnae.

All this sjfa / junior cup chaos is real fantasy stuff, if and when the 19/20 cup is completed - is there really any future for the junior cup ? Maybe a pre season tournament to decide who gets the Scottish Cup place would be enjoyable ? Only an idea,sure the diehards will be aghast. Maybe a future Junior Cup could be for the amateurs in the levels below, a real big scalp for those clubs. 

12 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Anyone want to run Andy groundhopper through the current amateur set up in Scotland. :)

Thanks,I know quite a bit, don't tell me it's a crooked set up,confusing as hell, with lges and committee's full of egomaniacs etc etc. That all sounds so familiar, sadly !  Anyone recommend any good books on the whole affair or shall I ring the asylum ?

2 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

All this sjfa / junior cup chaos is real fantasy stuff, if and when the 19/20 cup is completed - is there really any future for the junior cup ? Maybe a pre season tournament to decide who gets the Scottish Cup place would be enjoyable ? Only an idea,sure the diehards will be aghast. Maybe a future Junior Cup could be for the amateurs in the levels below, a real big scalp for those clubs. 

Are you Robert James' English cousin? The amateur leagues are completely separate to the Juniors and have their own nationwide Amateur Cup. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Amateur_Cup

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_football_league_system and all the related wikipedia articles are a good place to start to help you understand the system...

12 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Are you Robert James' English cousin?

Funny you should say that. It's always seemed obvious to me that Robert is one of those polite old English gents who loves Scotland, has spent a lot of time here, but has a very romantic view of the place. The giveaways are the stories about all his nice holidays, frequent patronising references to 'wee drams' and telling us that crossing the Minch can be quite rough or that Shetland is 'well worth a visit'. Andy doesn't come across as such a wannabe. Mind you he has years of non-league study ahead if he wants to catch up with Robert James 😂

8 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Funny you should say that. It's always seemed obvious to me that Robert is one of those polite old English gents who loves Scotland, has spent a lot of time here, but has a very romantic view of the place. The giveaways are the stories about all his nice holidays, frequent patronising references to 'wee drams' and telling us that crossing the Minch can be quite rough or that Shetland is 'well worth a visit'. Andy doesn't come across as such a wannabe. Mind you he has years of non-league study ahead if he wants to catch up with Robert James 😂

Thanks,have the English knowledge of our game from parks to Prem - probably trying to take everything on board too quick re the Scottish stuff. Where do you find the exploits of Robert James, sounds like a tourist guide ! think the guy will have me in tears. Won't be getting any dreamy stories from me, just interested in the Scottish game at all levels ⚽

On 03/06/2020 at 16:51, Tutankhamen said:

Come to Auchinleck on cup final day and see what it means to the club and the village.

22 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Come to Auchinleck on cup final day and see what it means to the club and the village.

He's probably never seen his club in one Blackie, so it'll be lost on him.