Junior club membership

traffordab

5 minutes ago, Pacers said:

Delighted for you guys congratulations let's get those numbers up and enjoy the holy grail next season whenever it comes! 

C'mon man, this act is just sad now.

17 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

The Junior Cup competition is sadly going to slowly contract given the circumstances that are now faced. In my view there was a wonderful opportunity to rebrand it and make it the premier Scottish semi-professional competition including HL, LL, EOSFL, SOSFL, NCL and of course WOSFL clubs.

There would have a tremendous amount of prestige for the SJFA Executive but again there has been another spectacular own goal. There will in the future be a premier Scottish semi-professional competition but not under the auspices of the SJFA.

Why? I will leave that to Beenzon-Toste and other stalwarts to figure out. 

Is it that the SJFA hope that by [a] keeping the new West Seniors tied to the SJFA via the Junior Cup and by getting the current (just) West Region Juniors Management to run the new WoS that they will get into the Pyramid by stealth and, in effect, convert the WoS back into a SJFA controlled league?

Without control of the WoS the SJFA, in practice, would no longer be relevant.

Is it fair to say this?:

Hence the interest by the WRSJFA management, after scathing criticism of everything non-Junior, to do the back-flip which pushed the more reluctant clubs to apply to join the WoS. The Management needed them to join as they were assumed to be the hard-core pro-Juniors voters when it comes to the WoS clubs electing their own Management Committee/Board.

In any case, hopefully alternative people will come forward to run the WoS when the time comes. By then all ex West Juniors will have experienced what it is like to be in a league which is run appropriately and efficiently for the benefit of the clubs rather than for the Management. That will make it difficult for most (not all) ex West Juniors Management to be elected.

Edited by Dev

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Is it that the SJFA hope that by [a] keeping the new West Seniors tied to the SJFA via the Junior Cup and by getting the current (just) West Region Juniors Management to run the new WoS that they will get into the Pyramid by stealth and, in effect, convert the WoS back into a SJFA controlled league?

Without control of the WoS the SJFA, in practice, would no longer be relevant.

Is it fair to say this?:

Hence the interest by the WRSJFA management, after scathing criticism of everything non-Junior, to do the back-flip which pushed the more reluctant clubs to apply to join the WoS. The Management needed them to join as they were assumed to be the hard-core pro-Juniors voters when it comes to the WoS clubs electing their own Management Committee/Board.

In any case, hopefully alternative people will come forward to run the WoS when the time comes. By then all ex West Juniors will have experienced what it is like to be in a league which is run appropriately and efficiently for the benefit of the clubs rather than for the Management. That will make it difficult for most (not all) ex West Juniors Management to be elected.

There’s a lot of logic in that argument.

Dont know if there will be many alternative bodies willing to step forward though with the necessary experience who weren’t in some way connected with the old WRJFA Management team (unless someone knows different)🤔

Just a wee point though and not meant as a criticism.

Presumably the WOSL can’t start without any new Management Committee being in place so the clubs won’t have experienced anything positive or negative about the new set up beforehand and will be basing their votes on the people standing for office?

All the LL needs to do is ensure that WoS league and SCC games have to take priority over SJC games unless the LL, EoS and SoS all sign off on a future change on that and it really doesn't matter much who WoSL's officeholders are.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

All the LL needs to do is ensure that WoS league and SCC games have to take priority over SJC games unless the LL, EoS and SoS all sign off on a future change on that and it really doesn't matter much who WoSL's officeholders are.

Don’t think that was the point Dev was trying to make.

He was alluding to what would happen if the current WRJFA Management Committee were elected to the new WOSL.

Yes they would have to follow the rules but I think the inference was where would their true allegiances lie.

Presumably the WOSL can’t start without any new Management Committee being in place.....

The current WoSFL board (i.e. the LL board) will administer the leagues for season one, and then gradually hand over to a new administration when the clubs have agreed on members for it.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

The current WoSFL board (i.e. the LL board) will administer the leagues for season one, and then gradually hand over to a new administration when the clubs have agreed on members for it.

Thanks for clarifying that

Wish  you had done it before my 2nd last post though😬

I just love it when people copy and paste what I’ve written. Ack, it doesn’t hurt.

(Not referring to you - the Lugar tweet is remarkably similar to Largs’)

16 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

A riddy from Burnieman 

Did the truth hurt Bro

If you're going to post shite stick to Tootsy and save yourself the bother of setting up a whole load of new ID's, I mean Pacer? 🤨

Rossvale juniors take a bit of stick but great decision keeping junior membership one that should applauded putting many more established clubs to shame in valuing the grade that gave them so much. 
......and he's back [emoji85][emoji23]

Couple more announcements, I make that 9 clubs - plus the three others still in the Junior Cup who will presumably retain membership. 74 Junior Cup entrants so far...

1. Ardrossan Winton Rovers
  2. Auchinleck Talbot
  3. Beith Juniors
  4. Gartcairn
  5. Largs Thistle
  6. Lugar Boswell Thistle
  7. Rossvale
  8. Troon
  9. Whittlets Victoria