Jump to content
traffordab

Junior club membership

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, traffordab said:

Clubs keeping junior memberships to add to the east and north clubs .

Beith juniors 

Troon juniors 

Congratulations to both clubs in the decision proper football clubs with a backbone and value what and who they are. 

Looking forward to seeing many more added to the numbers in future weeks. 

Junior football is dying on its arse.

Good riddance to it too.

Edited by Vandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Junior football is dying on its arse.

Good riddance to it too.

Thanks for your well thought out and excellently researched input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The £5k figure for semis, and £12k for the final are guarantees, not prize money.

image.png.e5724ec91edef859fe2eaf8bd2e0598d.png

Will they be guaranteed for future seasons, as the membership shrinks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, santheman said:

Thanks for your well thought out and excellently researched input.

You’re welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

think in future it will be a tenner guaranteed for the finalists & a fiver for the semi finalists

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Will they be guaranteed for future seasons, as the membership shrinks?

I imagine it will be regularly reviewed and if need be recommendations made. No different to how its evolved over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I imagine it will be regularly reviewed and if need be recommendations made. No different to how its evolved over the years.

Of the £5K semi final guarantee, the SJFA might only be paying £1500 as the rest actually comes from the gate money over the two games. If there was a decent enough crowd they wouldn't be paying any money.

Same with the final.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delighted for supporters and Iargs committee men that came to the right decision in keeping junior membership. Only right that its kept and junior football will remain being played. 

Heres to many many more added to the list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, traffordab said:

Delighted for supporters and Iargs committee men that came to the right decision in keeping junior membership. Only right that its kept and junior football will remain being played. 

Heres to many many more added to the list. 

But they’re not a Junior club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are not a Junior club, they are senior cuckoos doing nothing but taking money from the pockets of real Junior clubs in the East and North.

Bizarre its being allowed and even more bizarre that a poster is so happy to see the "grade" being taken for a ride by clubs who couldnt get out of it quick enough just a couple of months ago.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Junior Pub League said:

They are not a Junior club, they are senior cuckoos doing nothing but taking money from the pockets of real Junior clubs in the East and North.

Bizarre its being allowed and even more bizarre that a poster is so happy to see the "grade" being taken for a ride by clubs who couldnt get out of it quick enough just a couple of months ago.

 

 

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

But they’re not a Junior club?

Why are you lads determined to expunge the term Junior Football from everything possible? If a club is a member of the Scottish Junior Football Association and elect to play in the Scottish Junior Cup then they have Junior status.

Yes, they will ply their trade in the senior pyramid and as such as Senior clubs. We all know that but you can't deny some semblence of Junior exists. You're making yourselves look really petty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

 

Why are you lads determined to expunge the term Junior Football from everything possible? ...

Junior football is being equated in some circles with nasty No voting, Rangers supporting and flute playing proles that can't afford bus fares to Ibrox, so some people have lost all sense of reason on these issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Delighted for supporters and Iargs committee men that came to the right decision in keeping junior membership. Only right that its kept and junior football will remain being played. 
Heres to many many more added to the list. 


Have you not blocked us on Twitter? Surprised you could even read our statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Junior football is being equated in some circles with nasty No voting, Rangers supporting and flute playing proles that can't afford bus fares to Ibrox, so some people have lost all sense of reason on these issues. 

^^ Upset his lodge is still closed due to coronavirus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looking forward to seeing the full list
Your other ID will keep you updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

 

Why are you lads determined to expunge the term Junior Football from everything possible? If a club is a member of the Scottish Junior Football Association and elect to play in the Scottish Junior Cup then they have Junior status.

Yes, they will ply their trade in the senior pyramid and as such as Senior clubs. We all know that but you can't deny some semblence of Junior exists. You're making yourselves look really petty

As previously stated, which you appear to have missed again and again, I want to have the Junior cup for actual real Junior clubs and not for Senior clubs who couldnt wait to leave the "grade".

All those months you were defending the "grade" and now you are happy for your club to screw that same "grade" and the clubs within it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

As previously stated, which you appear to have missed again and again, I want to have the Junior cup for actual real Junior clubs and not for Senior clubs who couldnt wait to leave the "grade".

All those months you were defending the "grade" and now you are happy for your club to screw that same "grade" and the clubs within it. 

My club, like many others in the West, were left with no choice but to go. You know that though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As previously stated, which you appear to have missed again and again, I want to have the Junior cup for actual real Junior clubs and not for Senior clubs who couldnt wait to leave the "grade".
All those months you were defending the "grade" and now you are happy for your club to screw that same "grade" and the clubs within it. 
I think that you're missing the point.
If the Junior Cup was left with just North and East competing it would have faded into insignificance. Keeping the West involved keeps it as the biggest cup in lower league football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...