Junior club membership

traffordab

Comic stuff. Highlighting the ongoing issue with Traffordab and the various mugs on here who are still foolishly taking his bait has nothing whatsoever to do with the strawman argument of the stalker from Kelty on whether all use of this board is a waste of time. I wasn't suggesting that for a second.

24 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Comic stuff. Highlighting the ongoing issue with Traffordab and the various mugs on here who are still foolishly taking his bait has nothing whatsoever to do with the strawman argument of the stalker from Kelty on whether all use of this board is a waste of time. I wasn't suggesting that for a second.

Do you mean to always come across as so aggressive?

All of your posts read like you are so angry and full of bitterness and hatred for anyone who expresses an opinion that even slightly differs from your own.

Edited by Junior Pub League

1 hour ago, Junior Pub League said:

Do you mean to always come across as so aggressive?

All of your posts read like you are so angry and full of bitterness and hatred for anyone who expresses an opinion that even slightly differs from your own.

Says the nutter who regularly goes on red dotting frenzies. Time to put you on ignore.

• 3 weeks later...

Great news that 53 west junior clubs have kept a junior membership bringing the total participants in the junior cup to 113.

Really good news a real sign of all the clubs who value history and heritage run by people to be respected. 

Felix McKenna President 

And Marc Stanton vice President 

Two great football men to lead the organisation. 

Here's to many more years of junior football and the fantastic junior cup. 

1 hour ago, ballermk said:

Great news that 53 west junior clubs have kept a junior membership bringing the total participants in the junior cup to 113.

Really good news a real sign of all the clubs who value history and heritage run by people to be respected. 

Felix McKenna President 

Can you tell us the 13 traitors to the grade clubs who declined to renew their membership?

13 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I will be very surprised if there are 113 participants in the Scottish Junior Cup this season, or in any coming season.

There will be 146 teams in the SFA South Region Challenge Cup.

144?

17 = Lowland League

48 = EoSFL minus Stirling University EoS

67 = WoSFL

12 = SoSFL minus Stranraer SoS & Caledonian Braves SoS

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:
22 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
144?
17 = Lowland League
48 = EoSFL minus Stirling University EoS
67 = WoSFL
12 = SoSFL minus Stranraer SoS & Caledonian Braves SoS

Ok, I mis-counted by two. But my point stands.

It was just the numbers.

The point would stand on any normal season as there's often a withdrawal, typically a North side. This year might well make it more likely because its not likely to be a nice sunny September first round exit for most, but the beginning of winter and miserable weather where games might be getting postponed.

Then some of the statements around those that renewed to finish 2019-20, makes me wonder if they will skip 2020-21.

At the moment all the WoSFL Premier Division teams have 38 league games and South Challenge Cup games to be scheduled before any thought is put to the SJC. It may be more possible for the WoSFL Conference teams who will have 30 league games and South Challenge Cup games to be scheduled before any thought is put to the SJC. But with the season (hopefully) starting two months late but still finishing at the same time as normal, I just can't see where the SJC fits in at all.

4 hours ago, ballermk said:

Felix McKenna President 

Why are you tossing one out over senior clubs coming in and pissing all over the Junior Cup? "Grade" traitors will win the competition in perpetuity and no real Junior club will ever have a sniff of it.

Why are you so happy about this? I fail to understand the reasoning of someone who claims to love the "grade" being so excited by the final nails being driven into the national competition and turning it into a 4th rate plaything for the reserve sides of senior clubs.

Won't be long before the 'you don't understand' gets an airing from this chap, there again being English means im not a real Junior 😨 Am guessing that the WOSFL clubs won't keep retaining their junior membership thing,year after year ? Am envious of everything that the Juniors stand for,and their history - now to watch the Seniors play.

My understanding is a number of the clubs are regretting their decision and this will be their last season. They only renewed as they couldn’t consult with their fans due to the pandemic and felt this was a decision for their fans and will recommend to their fans not to do so next season.

Thanks, guess that hopefully things will move on after this season, and the clubs all survive and enjoy the new league. I can understand people's  connection to the juniors,and all the history etc, and it's their clubs and communities...are there many other similar situations where leagues made the jump from amateur to seniors, totally changing the landscape so to speak !

My understanding is numerous clubs have given excellent positive feedback on being able to compete in the premier non league in the country which is great to hear. 

Brilliant comments from Mr McKenna and excellent news on the appointment of a new vice President. 

A new era begins with the backing of proper clubs with a backbone who recognise the value and name of our historic cup competition. 

The small minority most under new questionable 'leadership ' will forever go down as traitors to the history of the clubs they now dictate at. 

14 hours ago, ballermk said:

My understanding is numerous clubs have given excellent positive feedback on being able to compete in the premier non league in the country which is great to hear. 

Brilliant comments from Mr McKenna and excellent news on the appointment of a new vice President. 

A new era begins with the backing of proper clubs with a backbone who recognise the value and name of our historic cup competition. 

The small minority most under new questionable 'leadership ' will forever go down as traitors to the history of the clubs they now dictate at. 

The 50 former West Juniors are all under the same leadership as the other 13.

All the SJFA does from a West point of view now is pull some balls out of a bowl every other month or so, and pad a couple of people's pensions.

Edited by FairWeatherFan
member math

The 53 former West Juniors are all under the same leadership as the other 10.

All the SJFA does from a West point of view now is pull some balls out of a bowl every other month or so, and pad a couple of people's pensions.

Correct. The WoSFL teams who have retained their membership will have no representation on the SJFA Management Committee, unless the WoSFL exercise their right to appoint two people onto that body. It is my understanding that there is no intention by the WoSFL to do that.

The clubs who have retained membership of the SJFA have the right to enter the Scottish Junior Cup, but it is not mandatory. It is the same as Hibernian retaining membership of the East of Scotland Football Association. Some clubs will choose to do so, others will not.