Junior club membership

traffordab

4 hours ago, ballermk said:

My understanding is numerous clubs have given excellent positive feedback on being able to compete in the premier non league in the country which is great to hear. 

Brilliant comments from Mr McKenna and excellent news on the appointment of a new vice President. 

A new era begins with the backing of proper clubs with a backbone who recognise the value and name of our historic cup competition. 

The small minority most under new questionable 'leadership ' will forever go down as traitors to the history of the clubs they now dictate at. 

Just stop it, this is embarrassing... Clubs won't suddenly lose their history because they cancelled their SJFA membership. Or do you want to say Edinburgh City & Cove Rangers lost their history when they joined the SPFL? The clubs in the East who joined the EoSFL are still the same clubs. As someone who follows a club remaining in the Juniors I'd be happy to still watch the Junior Cup next season. If we get drawn against a West club, I'd be happy to go to the game and if it's away it's another west trip to add to my growing list. But if clubs decide not to continue their membership it's their choice, no hard feelings. Clubs have to do what's best for them. Ultimately I want a proper pyramid all over Scotland, including the North Region, Tayside & West Lothian in some form. Labeling clubs as "traitors" will not help heal the divide.

My understanding is numerous clubs have given excellent positive feedback on being able to compete in the premier non league in the country which is great to hear. 
Brilliant comments from Mr McKenna and excellent news on the appointment of a new vice President. 
A new era begins with the backing of proper clubs with a backbone who recognise the value and name of our historic cup competition. 
The small minority most under new questionable 'leadership ' will forever go down as traitors to the history of the clubs they now dictate at. 

Name the clubs that are under new leadership as most of the top clubs have the same leadership for the last number of years.

I do have a couple of questions for you.

How long have you served on your clubs committee?

How many regional management committee meetings have you been to?

I await your response.

Name the clubs that are under new leadership as most of the top clubs have the same leadership for the last number of years.

I do have a couple of questions for you.

How long have you served on your clubs committee?

How many regional management committee meetings have you been to?

I await your response.
Don't hold your breath for any answers.

Great competition for our 17-18 yr olds to play against men in! All registered to PFC, what's to stop us?
Yep, that's another question that I've asked which nobody has been able to answer so far. The SJFA has a squad limit of 25 players, but the WoSFL has no limit on squad numbers and u20s Development Team players are all also part of the first team squad. Genuine junior teams in the Scottish Junior Cup are at a disadvantage to the senior teams in that respect.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:
Great competition for our 17-18 yr olds to play against men in! All registered to PFC, what's to stop us?

Yep, that's another question that I've asked which nobody has been able to answer so far. The SJFA has a squad limit of 25 players, but the WoSFL has no limit on squad numbers and u20s Development Team players are all also part of the first team squad. Genuine junior teams in the Scottish Junior Cup are at a disadvantage to the senior teams in that respect.

Back in the day, some Senior clubs had Junior sides - Morton and St Mirren I can recall anyway. Almost coming full circle! They could get around the scheduling headache by allowing WoSFL sides to name 25 players for the Junior Cup, two weeks ahead of tie, and have them play on same day at the 1st team?

Edited by cmontheloknow

Don't know about the spoon-burners but AFAIK Morton Juniors had no actual affiliation to the senior club: it would be like setting up a new team in Kirkcaldy under the guise of 'Raith Juniors' or similar. 

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Don't know about the spoon-burners but AFAIK Morton Juniors had no actual affiliation to the senior club: it would be like setting up a new team in Kirkcaldy under the guise of 'Raith Juniors' or similar. 

it was that long ago who knows how the squads worked. Seem to recall Abercorn might have likewise.

46 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Back in the day, some Senior clubs had Junior sides - Morton and St Mirren I can recall anyway. Almost coming full circle! They could get around the scheduling headache by allowing WoSFL sides to name 25 players for the Junior Cup, two weeks ahead of tie, and have them play on same day at the 1st team?

If there had still been a West Region league of some kind I wouldn't have been shocked to see some Western equivalents of Linlithgow Rose CFC, Bo'ness United Juniors, and Sauchie Community.

There's a lot of WoSFL that seem to have links to amateur sides if even just in name and with the u20s eventually aging out it would perhaps provide a better pathway for continued development than what the Amateur leagues can provide.

If there had still been a West Region league of some kind I wouldn't have been shocked to see some Western equivalents of Linlithgow Rose CFC, Bo'ness United Juniors, and Sauchie Community.
There's a lot of WoSFL that seem to have links to amateur sides if even just in name and with the u20s eventually aging out it would perhaps provide a better pathway for continued development than what the Amateur leagues can provide.
It would be a lot of ex junior sides bumping their amateur sides up to junior so the level of player would remain the same. So would it really provide a better pathway for players ageing out of the u20s?

1 hour ago, LeeKRR1878 said:
On 27/07/2020 at 12:28, FairWeatherFan said:

It would be a lot of ex junior sides bumping their amateur sides up to junior so the level of player would remain the same. So would it really provide a better pathway for players ageing out of the u20s?

Premise was on there still  being a West Region league. That would have meant there still being first team Junior clubs in it.

Premise was on there still  being a West Region league. That would have meant there still being first team Junior clubs in it.
No, I understand that. But if there was still a West region juniors and the WoSFL then say the likes of Rob Roy, Pollok, Cumnock, for example joined the WoSFL like they have done, they would put the junior side in the WoSFL like what has been done. Then who do they put in their place in the junior league? I reckon asking a squad of 22 if they want to play in the WoSFL or the juniors then 22 of them would want to play in the WoSFL. The only possibility then would be to have their amateur teams (for those who have one) step up to the juniors unless they went down the route of setting up a junior side to play in that league and attempt to bring in a full squad

5 minutes ago, LeeKRR1878 said:
21 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

No, I understand that. But if there was still a West region juniors and the WoSFL then say the likes of Rob Roy, Pollok, Cumnock, for example joined the WoSFL like they have done, they would put the junior side in the WoSFL like what has been done. Then who do they put in their place in the junior league? I reckon asking a squad of 22 if they want to play in the WoSFL or the juniors then 22 of them would want to play in the WoSFL. The only possibility then would be to have their amateur teams (for those who have one) step up to the juniors unless they went down the route of setting up a junior side to play in that league and attempt to bring in a full squad

Which is roughly what happened in the East Region. Bo'ness United Juniors were competing as Linlithgow Thistle and rebranded to go under the Bo'ness United banner of clubs. Sauchie Community apparently came about because those running the club came from an amateur background and looked to move into the Junior game by partnering with an established club. Linlithgow Rose CFC aren't as connected to their namesake as the others.

The same sort of thing could have happened in the West. Affiliated amateurs stepping into the Junior void, existing amateurs looking to link up etc.

Which is roughly what happened in the East Region. Bo'ness United Juniors were competing as Linlithgow Thistle and rebranded to go under the Bo'ness United banner of clubs. Sauchie Community apparently came about because those running the club came from an amateur background and looked to move into the Junior game by partnering with an established club. Linlithgow Rose CFC aren't as connected to their namesake as the others.
The same sort of thing could have happened in the West. Affiliated amateurs stepping into the Junior void, existing amateurs looking to link up etc.
Yeah exactly. Meaning it would be made up of amateur players making the step up. Now, I'm not saying the amateurs are a poor level. There are plenty of decent amateur teams out there who could very much hold their own against some junior (or ex junior) sides.

• 1 month later...

The SJFA has a club directory, which I notice has been updated for the new season: https://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/media/2710/club-directory-2020-21.pdf

The following WOSFL clubs are not listed, which presumably means they are no longer SJFA members, so 53 former WRJFA clubs remain of the 136 total.

• Bellshill Athletic
  • Cambuslang Rangers
  • Clydebank
  • Forth Wanderers
  • Kilwinning Rangers
  • Neilston
  • Newmains United
  • Port Glasgow Juniors
  • Royal Albert
  • Rutherglen Glencairn
Edited by Ginaro

10 hours ago, Ginaro said:

The SJFA has a club directory, which I notice has been updated for the new season: https://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/media/2710/club-directory-2020-21.pdf

The following WOSFL clubs are not listed, which presumably means they are no longer SJFA members, so 53 former WRJFA clubs remain of the 136 total.

• Bellshill Athletic
  • Cambuslang Rangers
  • Clydebank
  • Forth Wanderers
  • Kilwinning Rangers
  • Neilston
  • Newmains United
  • Port Glasgow Juniors
  • Royal Albert
  • Rutherglen Glencairn

Stick us on as well!

Untitled55.jpg

Edited by Hillonearth

32 minutes ago, Dev said:

Being a member is one thing. Entering the Junior Cup is another. I doubt that all west clubs which have remained members will enter but we shall see.

No way can they do 38 league games in time for a playoff with the EoS and SoS with no floodlights available in many cases. The South Challenge Cup may only be a round or two during the normal league season with the balance played after the league seasons judging from what has been posted elsewhere, so if they go for a 19 game league format for the top WoS division there could be more spare Saturdays this season for the "holy grail" than would normally have been the case. The conferences won't need to be completed in time for a playoff with champions from other leagues, so they have more flexibility in that context.