Junior club membership

traffordab

29 minutes ago, Marten said:

Mate, I'm Dutch and I've been living in Scotland for 3 years (and 8 years England before then). Since then I've been to loads of junior games, more juniors than any other football. I personally know a number of people involved in junior football (and involved in clubs that used to be juniors). And I've been told that I can't comment on junior football because I "won't understand it" due to my place of birth...

Think that sums the Juniors up, every football supporter understands about clubs, areas, history etc. Whilst doing the Northern LGE I spoke to loads of proud football/coal mining folk and how their villages had been affected, was never told 'you won't understand' 

Think that sums the Juniors up, every football supporter understands about clubs, areas, history etc. Whilst doing the Northern LGE I spoke to loads of proud football/coal mining folk and how their villages had been affected, was never told 'you won't understand' 

Pretty much. Ask any staunch "junior grade" person what makes their precious "grade" different to any other type of semi-pro football, and you never get an answer that makes any logical sense. And deep down they know it as well.

31 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

To be fair, I met loads of lovely people at junior games. There are definitely some "bad eggs" but I've come across far more good people.

In the end, the vast majority of people support a club, not a grade.

Edited by Marten

56 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

It's easy to question Martens because you can't trust anyone from the Netherlands. The Mata Hari, the guy who grassed up Anne Frank and Winston Bogarde were all Dutch. Coincidence?

Aye, they're a strange bunch incapable of understanding the grade :)

I blame all that coffee they smoke.

20 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Have you people really got nothing better to do with your lives? 

18 hours ago, gogsy said:

Says the person with over 7600 posts on the forum. :lol:

That's nearly 2 posts every day.

How does he find time to live.

1 hour ago, Marten said:
1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:
To Dundee tho'? Masochist

I moved to Darlington first for a year, then 7 years Derby and now Dundee. I like moving around...

Sounds like you're in Witness Protection working your way through the alphabet of  "D" locations in the UK 😂

12 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

Sounds like you're in Witness Protection working your way through the alphabet of  "D" locations in the UK 😂

I'm still wondering where to go next. It's between Dunfermline, Dingwall and Dyce.

Sounds like you're on the run ! Obviously just can't settle down anywhere. ? I suggest Dyce next, you'll be close to the airport if you need to go quickly. 
Joking aside, most of my moves were work related.

Marten,..can I suggest Dalmellington ?...the team would appreciate your support. You can proudly support Craigmark Burntonians and it would throw the alphabet police off the scent. You'd meet some nice, decent, people before you have to turn yourself in.