Junior club membership

traffordab

17 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Meant to say that some fans believed this - like never accepting a relative has died etc . Say goodbye to the amazing Juniors and let's move on

Best not to take what you read on here as being in any way representative of what most fans think. Only a very small self-selecting group is active on message boards.

Being an English groundhopper,and having seen the (mainly) success of our non lge pyramid (again geography being a problem) it would be great to see the Scottish game have some good leagues feeding into the spfl, with the positive criteria that comes with progress. Good to have memories though of the beautiful game.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Best not to take what you read on here as being in any way representative of what most fans think. Only a very small self-selecting group is active on message boards.

West Juniors are still dead in the real world mate, nothing you and your sidekick  on here can do about it no matter how hard you stomp your feet and cry "LOOK AT ME".

On 26/06/2020 at 20:40, Andy groundhopper said:

Worrying that some people may think that clubs being sjfa members for next season - really means that the Juniors are still alive and kicking ⚽ All this Senior talk blah blah...welcome back to the junior bosom, cosy times.

Still don't get this one. So many people absolutely desperate to make sure the word Junior is never to be mentioned again.

If clubs have taken a memebership for next year they are members of the Scottish Junior Football Association. What's the problem with that? 

Agree 100% if I can try and see inside their minds it sounds like a Senior club are trying to play in a Junior Cup - bit like Man City or someone  playing in  the FA Trophy. Call yourself Glasgow Brickworks FC and play non bricked, who cares ? The Juniors have gone, they were great times, let's move on please.

23 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Still don't get this one. So many people absolutely desperate to make sure the word Junior is never to be mentioned again....

Looks like a case of group think to me. People incessantly parroting the party line to be in with the in crowd without stopping to think if it all actually makes sense.

The west region joined the pyramid intact, and the north region should soon as well. Once the ongoing mess in the east finally gets sorted hopefully there will be some joined up thinking on how to have a national cup competition involving north, east, west and south that is bigger and better than what the junior cup used to provide.

No disrespect to the South Challenge Cup but it has yet to capture the public imagination to any significant extent and I'm far from convinced that it ever will.

Firstly LTL plugs away on here with one or two others for about 4 years telling us all the pyramid is the pathway to Valhalla. The entire, what was then 64 Junior clubs, Dunipace jumped first to the EoSFL leaving 63 teams who moved as one block to the WoSFL.

Now LTL turns round and tells us the main cup competition for lower league teams south of the Tay is a damp squib and not fit for purpose with an unlikely future.

Nice one, LTL.

Edited by Tutankhamen
Eff the SFA

20 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Agree 100% if I can try and see inside their minds it sounds like a Senior club are trying to play in a Junior Cup - bit like Man City or someone  playing in  the FA Trophy. Call yourself Glasgow Brickworks FC and play non bricked, who cares ? The Juniors have gone, they were great times, let's move on please.

With the greatest of respect an english football ground hopping support telling people who have supported the scottish junior football grade for decades who cares move on??  Really?? 

How about you stick to commenting on issues you know a little about rather than telling people from afar what to do and not do. 

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, loughton said:

With the greatest of respect an english football ground hopping support telling people who have supported the scottish junior football grade for decades who cares move on??  Really?? 

How about you stick to commenting on issues you know a little about rather than telling people from afar what to do and not do. 

Thanks 

Says the poster who joined 40 minutes ago.

Unless...

7 minutes ago, loughton said:

Thanks 

Juniors still dead mate.

5 minutes ago, loughton said:

Thanks 

There's gonna be plenty of junior football next season. Jump on a bus and come to Tayside for some real red hot junior action. Loughton, Trafford dab come to Broughty, bring all your mates. It'll be our biggest gate for years. Or we'll have one more than usual. 

Thanks 
Traffordab again. [emoji23]

3 hours ago, loughton said:

Thanks 

Quite correct, I am English and know nothing about the Junior game, thanks for telling me. Just for your info, I've been visiting Scotland 3 or 4 times a season for the last 5 years watching loads of games. Guessing that someone who supported a Junior club WILL NOT follow their club into the Seniors ? Well done👏

15 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Quite correct, I am English and know nothing about the Junior game, thanks for telling me. Just for your info, I've been visiting Scotland 3 or 4 times a season for the last 5 years watching loads of games. Guessing that someone who supported a Junior club WILL NOT follow their club into the Seniors ? Well done👏

Mate, I'm Dutch and I've been living in Scotland for 3 years (and 8 years England before then). Since then I've been to loads of junior games, more juniors than any other football. I personally know a number of people involved in junior football (and involved in clubs that used to be juniors). And I've been told that I can't comment on junior football because I "won't understand it" due to my place of birth...