Junior club membership

traffordab

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:
22 minutes ago, Marten said:
What is the cut-off date by when clubs have to make a decision? It will be interesting to see the final numbers.

Two weeks ago today.

Thanks, it will be interesting to see how many of the 63 will continue their membership. 

28 minutes ago, Marten said:

Thanks, it will be interesting to see how many of the 63 will continue their membership. 

I think quite a lot will renew.
Many will renew due to heir relationship/history with the juniors and the Scottish cup
Some will renew cause they know it will give them a bigger schedule but with a development squad means they can bleed their youth player sin the cup or they are there for cover.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:
3 hours ago, Marten said:

I reckon about 50 will have renewed. But not all of them will play in the Scottish Junior Cup next season.

Why would any team renew their subscription but not take part in the Junior Cup?

Do we know when the SJFA AGM is?

Why would any team renew their subscription but not take part in the Junior Cup?
Some teams may just want to keep their options open. The membership fee is not expensive. Sone teams may renew to facilitate finishing this season's competition but may not play next season's competition. Various reasons.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:
6 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Some teams may just want to keep their options open. The membership fee is not expensive. Sone teams may renew to facilitate finishing this season's competition but may not play next season's competition. Various reasons.

Interesting. 

And the AGM? 

Interesting. 
And the AGM? 
It's usually the 3rd Saturday in June which would be next weekend. However, in the current circumstances I'm not sure. My club hasn't renewed membership so we wouldn't be informed about the meeting arrangements.

31 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

At this point nobody knows what a 2020-21 season is going to look like. Whenever it starts a priority for the WoSFL is going to be getting a more permanent structure in place. Whereas the Junior Cup will be more important to the Junior league clubs.

At this point nobody knows what a 2020-21 season is going to look like. Whenever it starts a priority for the WoSFL is going to be getting a more permanent structure in place. Whereas the Junior Cup will be more important to the Junior league clubs.
Exactly my point. Whenever the season gets underway, the clubs will need to prioritise WoSFL and South Challenge Cup games over Scottish Junior Cup games. That's the rules. So, while probably the majority of teams have renewed their SJFA membership, that doesn't guarantee that they will enter the Scottish Junior Cup next season.

Here's another point though. I've seen it mentioned a few times that clubs could just put out their u20s Development Team into the SJC. What are the rules about the number of registered players you can have in the SJFA ? Why should a team in the west have access to unlimited players in the SJC up against a team from outside the west who will be limited to the SJFA rules on squad numbers ?

There are lots of anomalies, inconsistencies and questions like that which have made some WoSFL clubs (like my own club) just say "let's just remove the confusion and only have one governing body, we don't need the confusion caused by dual membership."

On 14/06/2020 at 16:57, glensmad said:
On 14/06/2020 at 16:52, patriot1 said:

Maybe some not wanting to miss out on a coronavirus payment if there is one. 

16 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Worrying that some people may think that clubs being sjfa members for next season - really means that the Juniors are still alive and kicking ⚽ All this Senior talk blah blah...welcome back to the junior bosom, cosy times.

Highly doubtful anybody is thinking they are still a Junior club in the West.

Edited by Tutankhamen
Eff the SFA