Junior club membership

traffordab

4 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

I think that you're missing the point.
If the Junior Cup was left with just North and East competing it would have faded into insignificance. Keeping the West involved keeps it as the biggest cup in lower league football.

I'm not the one missing the point.

55 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Just like the choices my maw gave me at dinner, "Take it or leave it."

They were essentially told that by their management committee. Another valid choice would have been to replace the committee and carry on as a Junior league.

They were essentially told that by their management committee. Another valid choice would have been to replace the committee and carry on as a Junior league.
Exactly. All of the clubs had a choice, but they were told by the WRSJFA management that they should apply. They could have got together and said "no thanks", and then a new WRSJFA committee would have been formed from the remaining members. But I suspect that wasn't really what the current WRSJFA management team wanted to happen.

Exactly. All of the clubs had a choice, but they were told by the WRSJFA management that they should apply. They could have got together and said "no thanks", and then a new WRSJFA committee would have been formed from the remaining members. But I suspect that wasn't really what the current WRSJFA management team wanted to happen.
What they wanted was what you promised from the outset.
Join the Pyramid, play the same teams you've always played, nothing changes.

And that's what happened, unfortunately for those that thought they'd end up in a cherrypicked league.

1 hour ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Just like the choices my maw gave me at dinner, "Take it or leave it."

It wasn't take it or leave it. It was if you're interested apply. Nobody forced their hand.

Tayport, Fauldhouse United, Whitburn Juniors, and Bathgate Thistle: All Junior Cup winners. All have had the same situation. Apply to a pyramid if they're interested, and they haven't been.

6 minutes ago, glensmad said:
14 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

tbh I don’t  think there was enough appetite from the clubs whose first choice would have been to remain Junior to get organised and do that.

They were all too focused on the survival of their respective clubs to take on the added responsibility of Committee posts. I suspect that the Management Committee wouldn’t have encouraged it either so I think going with the flow was the easiest option for these clubs 

1 hour ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

If the Junior Cup was left with just North and East competing it would have faded into insignificance. Keeping the West involved keeps it as the biggest cup in lower league football.

Even if the Junior Cup hasn't faded into insignificance already it's at best subjective to call it the biggest cup in lower league football. There are very few "big" non-league clubs in the Junior Cup that are not also in the SCC. A handful of clubs from West Lothian, Tayport, Lochee United, Carnoustie and Banks O'Dee are the only ones that spring to mind. SCC has all the best and biggest teams South of the Tay and not all of them play in the Junior Cup.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

What they wanted was what you promised from the outset.
Join the Pyramid, play the same teams you've always played, nothing changes.

And that's what happened, unfortunately for those that thought they'd end up in a cherrypicked league.
No matter how things have turned out, the fact is that the only people who advised clubs on what to do was the WRSJFA management. The LL-WoSFL just left the clubs to make up their own minds without any pressure.

No matter how things have turned out, the fact is that the only people who advised clubs on what to do was the WRSJFA management. The LL-WoSFL just left the clubs to make up their own minds without any pressure.
Why was that then?
To save time, I'll tell you.
The LL-WoSFL didn't want everyone.

Why was that then?
To save time, I'll tell you.
The LL-WoSFL didn't want everyone.
If that was the case they would have sent out invitations. Yet they didn't, they allowed everyone to apply and accepted everyone. Sorry if the truth is inconvenient to read. (Again.)

56 minutes ago, santheman said:

They were all too focused on the survival of their respective clubs to take on the added responsibility of Committee posts. I suspect that the Management Committee wouldn’t have encouraged it either so I think going with the flow was the easiest option for these clubs 

So the committee wouldn't have encouraged a vote of no confidence in themselves? I think that's a pretty safe analysis.

If that was the case they would have sent out invitations. Yet they didn't, they allowed everyone to apply and accepted everyone. Sorry if the truth is inconvenient to read. (Again.)
I know fine well what the truth is, as do you.
You didn't get what you hoped for and your club has the Covid to thank for saving it's arse. But once order is returned, I'm quite sure that your club's true level will be sorted out.

I know fine well what the truth is, as do you.

You didn't get what you hoped for and your club has the Covid to thank for saving it's arse. But once order is returned, I'm quite sure that your club's true level will be sorted out.

[emoji106] [emoji1751][emoji23]

30 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

So the committee wouldn't have encouraged a vote of no confidence in themselves? I think that's a pretty safe analysis.

That’s not what I meant.

They wouldn’t have offered any help or encouragement to form a new WRJFA Management Committee as most of them had already decided to join the WOSL so there was no benefit to them to do so

The guys interested in remaining Junior wouldn’t have had any experience at that level and wouldn’t have had anyone to call on for help and advice so the easiest solution was to follow the crowd as it was the least amount of hassle.

42 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Exactly that.
Their bluff got called.

LL/EoS organise a WoSFL saying its open to all. Here's the process for applying, here's the criteria, here's meetings and email links for additional information.

This, apparently, is one big bluff?

West Region raises the stakes. We'll only join if we can also stay in the Junior Cup?

LL/EoS have been called out on their bluff! Here's their chance to fold and save some of their chips.

Instead they go all in on all in.

West Region bottle it and fold.

LL/EoS wins as they get their senior WoSFL feeder to the Lowland League.

52 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Exactly that.
Their bluff got called.

Bwaaaahhhaaaaahhaaaaaahhaaaaaa!!!😂😂😂 

Ok, to be serious for a minute..........nope that didn’t work........Bwaaaaaaahhhaaaahhahahahah😂😂😂