SLFL Supporters Team of the Year

AlansHotBath

Supporters team of the year has been announced by the SLFL. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/officialslfl/status/1264635486590709760

Dominated by the top four, with Angus Mailer of Stirling Uni the only exception. 

The Catch-Up team of the year is still being voted on, I think, but should be finalised soon.

EYzjRLVWAAoZGZD?format=jpg&name=large 

Edited by AlansHotBath

3 hours ago, gogsy said:

Problem with all votes like this is that the players with the better supported clubs will always have an advantage in this type of poll, although it could be argued that the reason they are at the top clubs is because they are the best players I suppose. I'm old enough to remember Jim Duffy getting a Players player of the year award despite being in a god awful Morton team that conceded about 100 league goals in a season.

Have to say I didn't even see ten games this season, was impressed with Linton, Philp and Reilly from the games I watched. Easton clearly a player with a hell of a lot of ability, could be a bit frustrating to watch at times though. Austin did what he was brought in to do, very good addition to squad. Would have thought Cennerazzo would have been worth a nomination at right back. 

Brett for me is the best RB in the league by a country mile, even though I'm a fan of Gary Cenn. 

The worst pick of the lot is Mark Weir getting the number 1 spot.

He is absolutely hopeless. I took in a few games as a "neutral" and he was shite in every one.

Genuinely gave me the fear every time he came off his line. I cant remember him even making a decent save.

His stats are only so good because of who's in front of him.

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

The worst pick of the lot is Mark Weir getting the number 1 spot.

He is absolutely hopeless. I took in a few games as a "neutral" and he was shite in every one.

Genuinely gave me the fear every time he came off his line. I cant remember him even making a decent save.

His stats are only so good because of who's in front of him.

I agree with you, but when you are at a club with a lot of fans they will vote blindly for you.

I wish there was a players TOTY as that would give a much fairer complexion.

I think the team is fair enough though, BSC are probably underrepresented, particularly in defence but overall it’s good. I would have McKenzie in goals and Dish over Philp any day. I wasn’t overly impressed with Tapping but when he played well, he really played well. I’ve only seen George Hunter play twice and he was really good in both so it was a shame he got put up against Austin but I suppose they had to let one of the small teams get a player in. Apart from those it’s hard to really disagree with most of the choices.

20 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Brett for me is the best RB in the league by a country mile, even though I'm a fan of Gary Cenn. 

When Brett was at Cowden in the championship, he was probably the best part time right back in Scotland.

1 hour ago, big al said:

When Brett was at Cowden in the championship, he was probably the best part time right back in Scotland.

Always been a good player for any team I've seen him in. Lot's of very good players in this league now!

• 2 weeks later...