FAO TORIES (if you admit to being one)

Rugster

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

c1_3252903.jpg

Bit odd to see a great big fat person who opposes political unions and believes countries should break free of them eating ice cream with the flag of a political union proudly on display.

The wording in your second paragraph being of your opinion and quite different from my own, these are debating topics for another time. I will answer the question at the bottom now.
I believe that the Tory party is the only viable party at the moment that can run the economy in a way that promotes growth without getting into too much debt or having to sell of assets to balance the books. If you have a strong economy then that's half the battle of keeping things afloat during downturns, this does not include the current Covid 19 situation.
I think the current tax system is generally ok for somebody in my situation and lot better for people in low paid jobs who have a decent wage before having to start paying tax. I'm not a fan of high end tax dodgers but I believe that if someone works hard then they should be entitled to a fair amount of their spoils.
Folk seem to forget the absolute shambles that Labour left the country the last time, high debt, high unemployment and not a lot of infrastructure investment. We now a government who are keen to invest inwardly.
Our borders need proper monitoring, we need to bring people in who will become assets. I have seen the outcome of free movement in the industry I work in, it's basically slave labour brought in by criminal gangs.
I want Brexit, working for an international company that has offices in all areas I have seen first hand how the UK is getting screwed by the EU, I believe we have been held back by the EU and will now be able to keep more jobs in the UK as we are not preventing UK companies bidding for work in the UK 
...I think the current tax system is generally ok for somebody in my situation and lot better for people in low paid jobs who have a decent wage......

How the hell does anyone in a low paid job earn a decent wage (other than the obvious work 120 hour weeks) ?

On 03/06/2020 at 16:38, Hymlick Manouvre said:

I believe that the Tory party is the only viable party at the moment that can run the economy in a way that promotes growth without getting into too much debt or having to sell of assets to balance the books.

That's funny, because they've more than doubled the national debt all while selling off assets and failing to balance the books.

But then again, that isn't what I "believe". It's simply knowledgeable fact.

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

That's funny, because they've more than doubled the national debt all while selling off assets and failing to balance the books.

But then again, that isn't what I "believe". It's simply knowledgeable fact.

So what happened to Tory austerity? 

The tax revenue per person has risen steadily over the last 10 years.

It's now higher than 2008 (peaked before the crash) - and that was before the Covid-19 crisis.

So how would you reduce the national debt and balance the books?

Edited by Bishop Briggs

On 05/06/2020 at 21:34, Bishop Briggs said:

So what happened to Tory austerity? 

The tax revenue per person has risen steadily over the last 10 years.

It's now higher than 2008 (peaked before the crash) - and that was before the Covid-19 crisis.

So how would you reduce the national debt and balance the books?

Balancing the books is so last decade. We're embracing modern monetary theory these days along with the US. Debt doesn't matter. We can print as much money and helicopter it into the economy, have negative interest rates and all the QE bond buying we want with no serious repercussions just down the road.......