Just now, MixuFixit said:

A bit black and white. A deer can live its whole life in the wild and be shot by someone who found the experience thrilling who then chops it up and fills their freezer, a cheap steak comes from a cow that has lived its life in a dusty pen in Argentina that's never seen a blade of grass.

Yeah it’s the folk who find the idea of killing an animal “thrilling” that I have the issue with; I thought I’d made that clear.

However I’ve made my point and won’t any more.  You can have the last word.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Fair enough.  I just think there’s a difference between slaughtering animals for food and taking pleasure at killing them.

Taking pleasure at killing is a bit strong.  I've never really been that much into hunting and shooting but I'm not seeing anything wrong with people shooting birds/deer/rabbits etc, a better source of food than a lot of farmed produce.

I mainly fish C&R now but I'll still chap the occasional fish or two. 

My old man was bowling along in his Alfa one day when a whole gang of deer ran in front of us. It was like hairy skittles. Deer all over the place. Car smashed up but came off better than the poor deer.

ETA, Lidl venison sausages are excellent.

Edited by Shandon Par

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

My old man was bowling along in his Alfa one day when a whole gang of deer ran in front of us. It was like hairy skittles. Deer all over the place. Car smashed up but came off better than the poor deer.

ETA, Lidl venison sausages are excellent.

Their burgers are great .

4 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

But nowhere near as good as the venison burgers/sausages/steaks from Boglily Buffalo Farm outside Auchtertool.

Is it at the Kircaldy side or Cowdenbeath side of the village .

4 minutes ago, taurus said:

Is it at the Kircaldy side or Cowdenbeath side of the village .

Kirkcaldy.  It's the Auctertool road from West Kirkcaldy n it's on the right hand side.  From Cowdenbeath, go through Auchtertool n about 1 - 2 miles further on the left hand side.

The shop is brilliant and the provenance of everything sold equally commendable.  As a regular shopper. i highly recommend.  

4 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Kirkcaldy.  It's the Auctertool road from West Kirkcaldy n it's on the right hand side.  From Cowdenbeath, go through Auchtertool n about 1 - 2 miles further on the left hand side.

The shop is brilliant and the provenance of everything sold equally commendable.  As a regular shopper. i highly recommend.  

Is it still open during lockdown ?

8 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Yes, although the hours are a bit shorter.  Social distancing is strictly observed (2 at a time in the shop)

Dae they daeliver? 

£6 for 2 flavoured chicken breasts. They can take a flying fucktae themselves. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

30 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Dae they daeliver? 

£6 for 2 flavoured chicken breasts. They can take a flying fucktae themselves. 

That's why i mentioned the provenance before.  It's more expensive, but the quality is superb.  All their foods are genuinely free range.

Anyway, you enjoy your Tesco chicken.  Remember to ring oot the chlorine before you stick it in the oven.

10 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I checked their delivery online and it only does round Glasgow, how are you getting it?

I pick it up from the one in Dundee. I get someone who works there to get me it using their discount. Its braw.