So I've been working throughout the lockdown and as a delivery driver do a lot of miles at night. The amount of deer I'm seeing out and about just now is frightening. That's two deer I've hit in the space of two nights, 1st one in the works van and again tonight driving home from work in my car, with a lot of damage caused on both occasions. Obviously felt really bad for the deer but had no chance of avoiding them on either occasion. I'm guessing the headlights startle them and they just make a run for it onto the road. The lockdown is probably affecting how they normally behave as well

Anyone else hit one recently or had any unpleasant experiences with hitting deer in their past?

I think the biggest problem here is they have no predators and their numbers will continue to increase unless there's a cull.

2 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

The amount of deer I'm seeing out and about just now is frightening. That's two deer I've hit in the space of two nights, 

It's more frightening the ones you're not seeing!

3 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

So I've been working throughout the lockdown and as a delivery driver do a lot of miles at night. The amount of deer I'm seeing out and about just now is frightening. That's two deer I've hit in the space of two nights, 1st one in the works van and again tonight driving home from work in my car, with a lot of damage caused on both occasions. Obviously felt really bad for the deer but had no chance of avoiding them on either occasion. I'm guessing the headlights startle them and they just make a run for it onto the road. The lockdown is probably affecting how they normally behave as well

Anyone else hit one recently or had any unpleasant experiences with hitting deer in their past?

I think the biggest problem here is they have no predators and their numbers will continue to increase unless there's a cull.

Cover story for needing to borrow a large knife from his mum as “a deer got its paw stuck” in the front bumper type post.

image.gif.1d12bbf2741b0045c6736800b5621d0d.gif

Guest JTS98
3 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Then they will surely come for us. The hunters will become the hunted.

4 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

And the vehicles?

I hit a sheep once. Wrote off the motor.

Edited by Jacksgranda

So I've been working throughout the lockdown and as a delivery driver do a lot of miles at night. The amount of deer I'm seeing out and about just now is frightening. 

It started off all warm and fuzzy. Then took a sharp, sinister turn. 

That's two deer I've hit in the space of two nights, 1st one in the works van and again tonight driving home from work in my car, 

"Delivery driver. All night I murder deer." 

I've asked before but never got, or can't remember the answer. If we had so many deer we need to cull them and now we have more, why isn't cheap venison widely available, where does it all go?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

5 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Not at the rate you're getting rid of them.

If the lucrative sideline continues at 1 per night, YSYM could set up on his days off as a doe to doe salesman.  With his regular supply chain, the carcasses will be fawn aff the back of his lorry.  Alternatively, he could advertise his illicit goods on Fallow Fallow as there's plenty of meatheids there who like deer meat on the cheap.