Closed Doors Live Streaming.

Closed Doors Live Streaming   

242 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I have taken folks arguments on here with respect so don't tell me I am blind to any fact, when nobody has any facts for this.

I wouldn't take it personally. Remember, he said folk would have to pay this furlough money back and only yesterday, he claimed he knows of pubs taking furlough money from the government and not giving it to people they've sacked. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I wouldn't take it personally. Remember, he said folk would have to pay this furlough money back and only yesterday, he claimed he knows of pubs taking furlough money from the government and not giving it to people they've sacked. 

I said companies will end up having increased taxes to pay due to the furlough scheme, this was when someone claimed its "free money". If you dont believe that will happen then so be it.

The pub owner has been pretty open about claiming furlough money for people hes gotten rid of. Theres also garages taking money for people theyve got working. I dont know how that all works as I'm not a business owner, but those who are doing it are being pretty open about it with people I know who do run businesses.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I said companies will end up having increased taxes to pay due to the furlough scheme, this was when someone claimed its "free money". If you dont believe that will happen then so be it.

No you never. You said furlough won't work as your company had been told it'll be paying it all back. Now that you've changed your stance to taxes will rise and everybody will be doing their bit so it's paid back and are trying to merge the two into not making you look like a bullshitter. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The pub owner has been pretty open about claiming furlough money for people hes gotten rid of. Theres also garages taking money for people theyve got working. 

You're saying there is widespread fraud going on that you know of but you're 'not a business owner' so don't know how it works completely contradicting what you've just claimed in your opening statement. 

For avoidance of doubt here - can you name the pubs and garages openly defrauding the furlough scheme so I can personally report them and hopefully see them run out of business, please. 

55 minutes ago, Mr X said:

All true. But as we've seen the clubs dont exactly see eye to eye on things. Its entirely possible for the vote to pass to start the season behind closed doors without every single club voting for it. 

What do those clubs then do?

I don't see why the rest of the clubs in the SPFL would insist on voting to begin the Championship season if there was a significant divide within the division itself. Nobody else has got skin in this game.

So long as the Premiership's plans are separated from the lower leagues then there's no need for some big and contentious vote. 

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I don't think you'll be put in charge of marketing the idea.

More chance than you, you'll just be shouting IT CANT BE DONE

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Am I being whooshed here?

That is just insane.  Do the PPV viewers for for big boxing matches pay similarly for the privilege to those clutching ringside tickets?

That's quite a jump, I'm talking about:. The only way to watch v the only way to watch.  

You are talking about: being able to watch v the best way to watch. 

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your entire argument boils down to the fact you would pay £20 to watch Dundee games on a stream.

When told that clubs would lose income due to family groups paying as one instead of four, you say that's not an issue because you go as a family of 3 and your club would only lose £2.

When told many season ticket holders have lost their jobs and have been forced to get refunds from the club, so clearly cant afford to pay for streaming. You counter that by saying nobody you know has been sacked.

You're blinkered to the massive flaws and issues in this plan because you're not looking past your own situation.

But it's all just opinion. 

Your opinions could be a load of blinkered shite because it's what you hear that determines your opinions on things.

You hearing that garages and pubs are getting furlough money for sacked and working staff, your opinion is to believe this, my opinion is someone is feeding you shite.

But no, I'm the only blinkered one.

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

No you never. You said furlough won't work as your company had been told it'll be paying it all back. Now that you've changed your stance to taxes will rise and everybody will be doing their bit so it's paid back and are trying to merge the two into not making you look like a bullshitter. 

You're saying there is widespread fraud going on that you know of but you're 'not a business owner' so don't know how it works completely contradicting what you've just claimed in your opening statement. 

For avoidance of doubt here - can you name the pubs and garages openly defrauding the furlough scheme so I can personally report them and hopefully see them run out of business, please. 

I maintain that the furlough scheme wont keep companies going, as outgoings will increase due to it, eventually. It will keep unemployed people in work for as long as it's running, but long term I still expect a mass unemployment due to raised taxes causes companies to fold.

There is widespread fraud, and I imagine it's happening all over the UK. 

33 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I do not know anyone that has lost their job during this outbreak. In fact I know several that are better off because they are not spending any money.

Right now, that's true. In autumn when football clubs are supposed to flog tinpot streams at £20 a pop to pay for a professional squad, it most certainly won't be though.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

But it's all just opinion. 

Your opinions could be a load of blinkered shite because it's what you hear that determines your opinions on things.

You hearing that garages and pubs are getting furlough money for sacked and working staff, your opinion is to believe this, my opinion is someone is feeding you shite.

But no, I'm the only blinkered one.

Of course its opinions, my point is you seem to constantly disregard flaws in this plan of yours, peddled over multiple threads in the past week, based entirely on your circumstances.

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'll file all that under "bullshit" too, then. 

*shrugs*

Believe what you want, but there mass fraud going on just now with regards to furlough, and long term the financial repercussions will see companies, and employees, lose out.

Short term fix wise it's fine.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Of course its opinions, my point is you seem to constantly disregard flaws in this plan of yours, peddled over multiple threads in the past week, based entirely on your circumstances.

Like when?

I have always said that it obviously won't bring in the same as gate money.

I have always said I may be overestimating like others may be underestimating.

£20 is what I would be willing to pay, I have never said that everyone would be willing to pay this, but this is round about what most folk pay on a Saturday anyway, so why not? The unemployed still manage to go to the football.

I don't disregard arguments against the idea, I retort with a counter argument, see how it works?

But not one person arguing against the idea has acknowledged the things money won't be spent on during an open doors game.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Believe what you want, but there mass fraud going on just now with regards to furlough

Name them. I've no doubt places are doing it, I don't know of any but it would be foolish not to think its going on. 

You know of places doing it - you're using these places as a standpoint for your argument of 'how it won't work'. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Name them. I've no doubt places are doing it, I don't know of any but it would be foolish not to think its going on. 

You know of places doing it - you're using these places as a standpoint for your argument of 'how it won't work'. 

I'm not naming companies on here, I have friends who work at these places and I'm not being responsible if they get shut down.

Call me a bullshitter because of that if you want.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

and long term the financial repercussions will see companies, and employees, lose out.

I have friends who work at these places and I'm not being responsible if they get shut down.

Bit of a Catch-22 eh?

I'm not naming companies on here, I have friends who work at these places and I'm not being responsible if they get shut down.

Call me a bullshitter because of that if you want.

I'm not calling you a bullshitter because of that. I'm calling you a bullshitter because you're a bullshitter. 

28 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You've not done much to persuade me. Do you just think enough people will sign up to pay for it, what do you base that on?

Equally, you have done the same.  Clubs/the league should be exploring all options and checking for viability.  Clubs being able to get some income Vs no income is a no brainer if it reaches an acceptable amount (that will vary club to club).  It's obvious that clubs are going back so they need to fund it.