Closed Doors Live Streaming.

Closed Doors Live Streaming   

242 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Again, I’ve never said it could replace it. If we’re forced back without fans, 500+ folk paying £10 to watch a match would help a club more than 0. 

Who will force you back? It'll be a business decision for each club. Some will need to go into abeyance. If Ayr start and sign professional players, then the subscriptions don't meet the cost they will go bankrupt unless the owner funds the shortfall.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Who exactly is going to FORCE clubs to play behind closed doors? 

Government guidelines. If football restarts in this county before 2021, there’s no chance it’s in front of fans. 

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Government guidelines. If football restarts in this county before 2021, there’s no chance it’s in front of fans. 

What? Allowing football is not the same as forcing it to go ahead. 

Did they force all restaurants to open whilst banning customers? 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Government guidelines. 

Guidelines for the whole country, at no point has Edinburgh or London said that football will be played by date X - it will be the clubs that make the final decision about whether or not there is football this year.

Edited by Junior Pub League

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

That would certainly solve the funding issues. Make playing and attending compulsory.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

What? Allowing football is not the same as forcing it to go ahead. 

Did they force all restaurants to open whilst banning customers? 

What you're talking about is effectively a complete temporary reconstruction with only some clubs taking part then?

It never really occurred to me that if the games are allowed to go ahead behind closed doors that some clubs would choose not to play

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

What you're talking about is effectively a complete temporary reconstruction with only some clubs taking part then?

It never really occurred to me that if the games are allowed to go ahead behind closed doors that some clubs would choose not to play

It's heading that way.

28 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Who exactly is going to FORCE clubs to play behind closed doors? 

Ohhh ffs don't give the clubs ideas! 

This'll be the next thing "We're not playing until fans are allowed back in"

If the SPFL say they are starting football again in the Championship behind closed doors, say for instance 2 say no, we would rather sit this season out.

Would that then require them to re register in League 2? It might open up the opportunity for Partick Thistle, Falkirk or any other club willing to play behind closed doors, into the Championship.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

If the SPFL say they are starting football again in the Championship behind closed doors, say for instance 2 say no, we would rather sit this season out.

Would that then require them to re register in League 2? It might open up the opportunity for Partick Thistle, Falkirk or any other club willing to play behind closed doors, into the Championship.

What if only two say yes?  It will be an interesting title race between Dundee and Hearts.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

I’m not advocating the re start of games to be streamed online. I’m saying if clubs in our league are told to resume matches behind closed doors for the rest of the year (or until date x) then having the stream would be one way of increasing the income. It’s not an ideal scenario, but it would be something. 

Who is in a position to 'tell' clubs to do any such thing? The SPFL is just an umbrella body run by the clubs and UEFA certainly doesn't give single a toss about when the Scottish second tier restarts. The Premiership is bound by major TV as well as European concerns to begin by autumn 2020: the Championship is not.

There's a lot of talk about fans supporting what clubs 'have' to do to restart football but it's the club executives who will actually call the shots here.

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

Who is in a position to 'tell' clubs to do any such thing? The SPFL is just an umbrella body run by the clubs and UEFA certainly doesn't give single a toss about when the Scottish second tier restarts. The Premiership is bound by major TV as well as European concerns to begin by autumn 2020: the Championship is not.

There's a lot of talk about fans supporting what clubs 'have' to do to restart football but it's the club executives who will actually call the shots here.

All true. But as we've seen the clubs dont exactly see eye to eye on things. Its entirely possible for the vote to pass to start the season behind closed doors without every single club voting for it. 

What do those clubs then do?

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

But your team, Queen of the South, would need the large away support  revenue, more than Dundee would need the smaller away support revenue.

That was a reply to another quote  My original post had the home club keeping all the revenue from home games but allowing the away side the rights to the stream  That way the viewer would subscribe to their home sides site, Just a thought.

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I take my 2 boys to Dens, we would all watch it together, that would be a whopping £2 less ticket sales.

You seem completely blind to the fact your circumstances arent shared by every single Scottish football fan.

You're entire premise for this plan of yours working is because you would pay £20+ for a stream and the club would only lose out on £2 because that's all you pay extra.

The fact that some fans are having to get refunds on season ticket money because theyve lost their jobs doesnt seem to affect it though. Diehard fans of the club in such a situation that they're being forced to take money from the club just now due to their own personal circumstances, but you're expecting them to shell out £100 a month.

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You seem completely blind to the fact your circumstances arent shared by every single Scottish football fan.

You're entire premise for this plan of yours working is because you would pay £20+ for a stream and the club would only lose out on £2 because that's all you pay extra.

The fact that some fans are having to get refunds on season ticket money because theyve lost their jobs doesnt seem to affect it though. Diehard fans of the club in such a situation that they're being forced to take money from the club just now due to their own personal circumstances, but you're expecting them to shell out £100 a month.

I do not know anyone that has lost their job during this outbreak. In fact I know several that are better off because they are not spending any money.

Of course everyones circumstances are different! He was saying out of a family of 4 household, which I am.

I have taken folks arguments on here with respect so don't tell me I am blind to any fact, when nobody has any facts for this.

Edited by johnnydun

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I do not know anyone that has lost their job during this outbreak. In fact I know several that are better off because they are not spending any money.

Of course everyones circumstances are different! He was saying out of a 4 family household, which I am.

I have taken folks arguments on here with respect so don't tell me I am blind to any fact, when nobody has any facts for this.

Your entire argument boils down to the fact you would pay £20 to watch Dundee games on a stream.

When told that clubs would lose income due to family groups paying as one instead of four, you say that's not an issue because you go as a family of 3 and your club would only lose £2.

When told many season ticket holders have lost their jobs and have been forced to get refunds from the club, so clearly cant afford to pay for streaming. You counter that by saying nobody you know has been sacked.

You're blinkered to the massive flaws and issues in this plan because you're not looking past your own situation.