Closed Doors Live Streaming.

Closed Doors Live Streaming   

242 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Dundee are charging £12.50 a stream and free for season ticket holders. We are not using Pixelot.

That's pretty decent.

Shall be purchasing for our games at Dens.

I think most, if not all, Championship clubs already have their own streaming services, so will continue with them. It's most clubs below the Championship who will be using Pixelot.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's pretty decent.

Shall be purchasing for our games at Dens.

I think most, if not all, Championship clubs already have their own streaming services, so will continue with them. It's most clubs below the Championship who will be using Pixelot.

Think it was more like half of them. Hearts, Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith definitely did. Dont know about Inverness and heard conflicting stories about whether Ayr did. We didnt, Alloa didnt, Morton didnt, pretty sure Arbroath didnt. 

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Think it was more like half of them. Hearts, Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith definitely did. Dont know about Inverness and heard conflicting stories about whether Ayr did. We didnt, Alloa didnt, Morton didnt, pretty sure Arbroath didnt. 

Ah, shit. My (admittedly one) experience of Pixelot, and the anecdotes on here, point towards it being not the best.

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Ah, shit. My (admittedly one) experience of Pixelot, and the anecdotes on here, point towards it being not the best.

I wouldnt assume that those who didnt already have a system in place will be definitely be using Pixellot.

Queens are using the same system as ParsTV

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I wouldnt assume that those who didnt already have a system in place will be definitely be using Pixellot.

Good news then

45 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

30 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Yeah this. Was just pointing out the idea everyone else in the Championship was already streaming is 50% or so wrong. 

I dont think many will use Pixellot though.

16 hours ago, BIGdavieT said:

So everyone doing their own except Arbroath and Alloa using pixellot?

The Pars and QoS are using the same provider and their own cameras. Raith, Dundee and Hearts have their own setup. Alloa and Arbroath seem to be Pixellot, Ayr and ICT seem have their own setups. Morton...Morton...well who knows after today's fiasco.

Edited by TxRover

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

The Pars and QoS are using the same provider and their own cameras. Raith, Dundee and Hearts have their own setup. Alloa and Arbroath seem to be Pixellot, Ayr and ICT deem have their own setups. Morton...Morton...well who knows after today's fiasco.

Morton used a potato operated by a blind man. 

The Pixellot Feed was a wee bit delayed so useful to flip to after key moments were missed on the actual stream.

20 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Morton used a potato operated by a blind man. 

The Pixellot Feed was a wee bit delayed so useful to flip to after key moments were missed on the actual stream.

Least you saw your game, our pixellot completely crashed for the albion rovers game for the whole game, only people who saw the game was the ones who logged in about 18:30 it seems. Albion Rovers confirmed refunds. 

We're going to be using club set up AU Media for home games thankfully after tonights shitshow.

Edited by rb123!

There are a number of aspects to the problems that have occurred so far, and most were foreseeable.

1) Capacity vs. Surge Capacity - A system might be described as being able to handle 10,000 customers per day, which sounds impressive until you do the maths and see that’s just a few over 400 per hour...or around 7 a minute. Starting the year, most teams did not have systems installed or contracted that were remotely capable of handling registration and/or e-commerce at anything like the rate they are going to be seeing with this attempt at streaming. It’s very likely that some teams underestimated the necessary capacity.

2) Team-side technical issues - Teams that didn’t use the friendlies to “practice” are now finding out how their system is bottlenecked with live ammunition. I know several teams have been begging ST purchasers to register on their streaming sites to get accounts setup BEFORE streaming live occurs. This is another aspect of both #1 and #2, it’s much easier to process logins than registrations, but getting people to do the thing that’s easiest for you isn’t simple. There is also the aspect of having sufficient bandwidth to both broadcast and handle registration/login if you have hosted on-site for some reason, or ensuring you have contracted enough if off-site.

3) Fan-side technical issues - There seem to have been more issues with stream quality than expected in the test broadcasts, and many might be traceable to the subscribers connection bandwidth.

4) Third-party technical issues - Roll #2 and #3 together for the firms some teams hired to help them.

The reality is that the majority of teams attempting to broadcast these games are not equipped with vast staffs to handle these matters, and are reliant upon volunteers and the whims/rules of the SPFL, rules with little consideration of the issues facing the clubs but instead focused upon tracking and allocating revenue. That the teams with some experience broadcasting to between hundreds and thousands of fans fared better on the first day of live action was entirely foreseeable.

It’s borderline criminal that all the teams were left on their own to establish e-commerce programs by the SPFL, the very people that demanded certain criteria (in order to allow tracking of purchases) that made these hiccups inevitable. Ultimately, some fans won’t risk their money and try again...and some fans will see what happened and never try, money lost forever, and possibly some fans slipping away.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

There are a number of aspects to the problems that have occurred so far, and most were foreseeable.

1) Capacity vs. Surge Capacity - A system might be described as being able to handle 10,000 customers per day, which sounds impressive until you do the maths and see that’s just a few over 400 per hour...or around 7 a minute. Starting the year, most teams did not have systems installed or contracted that were remotely capable of handling registration and/or e-commerce at anything like the rate they are going to be seeing with this attempt at streaming. It’s very likely that some teams underestimated the necessary capacity.

2) Team-side technical issues - Teams that didn’t use the friendlies to “practice” are now finding out how their system is bottlenecked with live ammunition. I know several teams have been begging ST purchasers to register on their streaming sites to get accounts setup BEFORE streaming live occurs. This is another aspect of both #1 and #2, it’s much easier to process logins than registrations, but getting people to do the thing that’s easiest for you isn’t simple. There is also the aspect of having sufficient bandwidth to both broadcast and handle registration/login if you have hosted on-site for some reason, or ensuring you have contracted enough if off-site.

3) Fan-side technical issues - There seem to have been more issues with stream quality than expected in the test broadcasts, and many might be traceable to the subscribers connection bandwidth.

4) Third-party technical issues - Roll #2 and #3 together for the firms some teams hired to help them.

The reality is that the majority of teams attempting to broadcast these games are not equipped with vast staffs to handle these matters, and are reliant upon volunteers and the whims/rules of the SPFL, rules with little consideration of the issues facing the clubs but instead focused upon tracking and allocating revenue. That the teams with some experience broadcasting to between hundreds and thousands of fans fared better on the first day of live action was entirely foreseeable.

It’s borderline criminal that all the teams were left on their own to establish e-commerce programs by the SPFL, the very people that demanded certain criteria (in order to allow tracking of purchases) that made these hiccups inevitable. Ultimately, some fans won’t risk their money and try again...and some fans will see what happened and never try, money lost forever, and possibly some fans slipping away.

All dead easy, eh? :rolleyes:

Im sure this has been covered before, but the SPFL didnt leave the clubs on their own, certainly not in the Championship. The clubs who have not gone with the SPFL shared service chose not to and set up their own systems.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

All dead easy, eh? :rolleyes:

Im sure this has been covered before, but the SPFL didnt leave the clubs on their own, certainly not in the Championship. The clubs who have not gone with the SPFL shared service chose not to and set up their own systems.

Easy as Calculus...and did the SPFL offer a solution for clubs that wished to use their own video vs Pixellot? How has the shared service performed?

20 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Easy as Calculus...and did the SPFL offer a solution for clubs that wished to use their own video vs Pixellot? How has the shared service performed?

Not that I know of, but why would they?

Ive not idea how its performed, you'd have to ask someone who's based abroad and has access to it. When it starts that is, Im not sure its up and running yet.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Not that I know of, but why would they?

Ive not idea how its performed, you'd have to ask someone who's based abroad and has access to it. When it starts that is, Im not sure its up and running yet.

Because Morton aren’t internet gurus? Sorry, I’m just constantly amazed at the ability of the SPFL to cock up stuff that could be done for the benefit of all teams. Diverting a small amount o money from the top level prize funds would be a great way to fund some smart stuff, oh well.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Because Morton aren’t internet gurus? Sorry, I’m just constantly amazed at the ability of the SPFL to cock up stuff that could be done for the benefit of all teams. Diverting a small amount o money from the top level prize funds would be a great way to fund some smart stuff, oh well.

How long have you been following football in this country? The redistribution of prize money in 2012 was a one off, I doubt it'll happen again, certainly not while money is tight.

I'm not counting the Anderson charity money.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

How long have you been following football in this country? The redistribution of prize money in 2012 was a one off, I doubt it'll happen again, certainly not while money is tight.

I'm not counting the Anderson charity money.

Closely, recently...unfortunately following before about 2000-2005 was a matter of reading it in a paper the next day. First game was about 1973 at Stark’s Park. Until recently my schedule didn’t permit watching games, but now with streaming and all, it’s much easier. I stayed off the boards while not following closely.

I certainly agree they won’t do it, they don’t have the votes for it. It’s just bitterly disappointing to see how often things have been cocked up recently and hear all the comparisons to previous events, and know that the “stewards” of the game just don’t give a flying f**k about anything but the OF and their own jobs.

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

But Morton decided to go off and set up their own system, as did Queens and every other club. Much like the clubs, the SPFL only have the resources to do so much. They setup a system, clubs decided not to use it. I dont see how you can point the finger at them at all.

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

But Morton decided to go off and set up their own system, as did Queens and every other club. Much like the clubs, the SPFL only have the resources to do so much. They setup a system, clubs decided not to use it. I dont see how you can point the finger at them at all.

I understand, but why did all those clubs go it alone? Doesn’t it say something when your solution is embraced by none of your members? Anyway, a little over an hour before we find out if anything was learnt last night.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

I understand, but why did all those clubs go it alone? Doesn’t it say something when your solution is embraced by none of your members? Anyway, a little over an hour before we find out if anything was learnt last night.

What was learned last night is that Pixellot had issues that were absolutely nothing to do with the clubs.