Closed Doors Live Streaming.

Closed Doors Live Streaming   

242 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, The Master said:

Yes, to be honest.

I was under the impression that the rules around TV licences were pretty much common knowledge. The clue is surely in the name?

Well, seeing as the license was brought in before any non-BBC channel existed, and the name hasn't changed since, the name in the argument is largely irrelevant.

8 hours ago, The Master said:

There will likely be a small group that legitimately don't have a licence (i.e. they choose not to watch "live" TV or iPlayer content), but are intending to watch their club's streaming.

Will there though? I'm fairly sceptical. I may be entirely wrong but are there really people out there who are within modern society enough to have internet and streaming capability and interest but don't have a tv and have never watched tv online?

Still as if by magic along comes...........

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm in the small category of not watching any TV online or otherwise, but plan on watching these streams.

You really don't own a tv in your household and have never watched tv in your own house streamed or otherwise? I would genuinely have thought the number of people interested in watching streaming sport who don't already have a tv licence (or consciously choose not to) in this country was probably in single figures.

I really have no idea what I'd do when I got in the house if I didn't turn the tv on.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

4 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Well, seeing as the license was brought in before any non-BBC channel existed, and the name hasn't changed since, the name in the argument is largely irrelevant.

You’ve certainly lived to a good age. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Will there though? I'm fairly sceptical. I may be entirely wrong but are there really people out there who are within modern society enough to have internet and streaming capability and interest but don't have a tv and have never watched tv online?

Still as if by magic along comes...........

You really don't own a tv in your household and have never watched tv in your own house streamed or otherwise? I would genuinely have thought the number of people interested in watching streaming sport who don't already have a tv licence (or consciously choose not to) in this country was probably in single figures.

I really have no idea what I'd do when I got in the house if I didn't turn the tv on.

Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Shudder and the odd dodgy stream fill my time. Watched Des at my maws house that was on TV the other week but genuinely can't remember the last time I felt the need to watch something that'd require a TV licence other than the football!

You've misunderstood his point. He's not saying clubs can't make money doing PPV (clearly they can and will). He's saying it isn't remotely going to come close to replacing gate money. And he's absolutely right. I'd be surprised if it ends up at 20% of gate money but we'll see.
OK, agree with that. Clubs will have to get inventive with sponsors also. With most clubs current set up one side of the pitch will have no sponsors exposure. I'm hoping Raith will create some additional advertising space in the area in front of the main stand to try to maximise income.

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Thought I just heard that Betfred games PPV revenue will be split after expenses between teams. Anyone know?

Yes. Its been mentioned on here, must have been on another thread. As far as I know, the same, or at least similar, rules that normally apply to gate revenue is being applied to PPV streaming revenue.

21 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Yes. Its been mentioned on here, must have been on another thread. As far as I know, the same, or at least similar, rules that normally apply to gate revenue is being applied to PPV streaming revenue.

Exactly the same as it was when it was a physical gate.

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Hopefully nobody is. System has been very poor on the test streams I’ve seen that used pixellot.

Decent price from you guys too. Hopefully most clubs are similar.

Yeah I would have paid more but going by the results of this poll, the £12.50 price might maximise their audience.