Closed Doors Live Streaming.

Closed Doors Live Streaming   

242 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Spanish promotion playoffs to the second tier don't even begin until June every year and I'm pretty sure that Italy's setup is similar. So all you need is an exemption to the rule for one diddy Scottish Premiership outfit that will have zero internationals playing for it, which would be supported by the exceptional changes forced on the calendar by the pandemic. 
I'd be surprised if the Euros aren't knocked into late summer anyway given the backlog of fixtures remaining simply to wrap up this season. 

In Spain or Italy do they have a cup competition starting in mid July?

10 hours ago, ecto said:

In Spain or Italy do they have a cup competition starting in mid July?

I very much doubt that we'll be having a cup competition starting in mid July 2021 regardless. When you bin up to six months of the football calendar it doesn't magically sort itself out the next year.

7 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

Only for season ticket holders apparently, i bet that's a clause by Sky TV

I would imagine it's far more likely to be from the clubs to ensure that they have a guaranteed income. Several people pointed out last week on either this thread or the Coronavirus one that one major danger was clubs would budget based on most of their support signing up to watch and then, after 2 or 3 games, the novelty of watching dodgy footage on a single camera with no or limited commentary and a less than solid stream would wear off and suddenly you've got only a few hundred paying and contractual liabilities for players you can't afford. This way fans either commit to it solidly or they don't get it. I guess once they hit a certain level they might look at it again?

It might be a Sky clause but it's hard to see that it makes any significant odds to them. If you are going to allow it all, the difference in numbers isn't going to be significant enough to matter. As I say, it's surely far more likely to be so that clubs have a certainty of income numbers?

Guest SJP79
18 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I would imagine it's far more likely to be from the clubs to ensure that they have a guaranteed income. Several people pointed out last week on either this thread or the Coronavirus one that one major danger was clubs would budget based on most of their support signing up to watch and then, after 2 or 3 games, the novelty of watching dodgy footage on a single camera with no or limited commentary and a less than solid stream would wear off and suddenly you've got only a few hundred paying and contractual liabilities for players you can't afford. This way fans either commit to it solidly or they don't get it. I guess once they hit a certain level they might look at it again?

It might be a Sky clause but it's hard to see that it makes any significant odds to them. If you are going to allow it all, the difference in numbers isn't going to be significant enough to matter. As I say, it's surely far more likely to be so that clubs have a certainty of income numbers?

I can see your point but you would think they would show a little more faith in thier fans and there closing the door to the one off viewers.

On 04/06/2020 at 14:32, Skyline Drifter said:

The SPFL were planning to do so over the summer this year. They havent actually done it yet as circumstances overtook it. Unless they started and dealt with some clubs? Certainly havent yet installed anything at Palmerston.

Prize money was expected to be up due to the increased value of the tv contract but we dont have a league sponsor so that offsets a bit. 

IMG Arena contracted with Pixellot to install their system in all Championship parks for 2020-2021 season, so that Scottish Championship games could be streamed to their users/bettors. IMG has a five year deal with the SPFL and Sky that allows this, and there was also discussion of making it work in Leagues One and Two, although no timeline was provided..

• 3 months later...
Looking more like this will be the only chance at income to the clubs from fans for the rest of the year at least.
Have any opinions changed? 
Are all the Championship clubs geared up?

I hear that a lot of work is going into this.
I for one will be happy to fork out a decent fee to get the games. I’m sure many of us travelling fans will be saving plenty on our usual match day out. If the clubs are struggling for money then it’s an opportunity to raise funds.

I hear that a lot of work is going into this.
I for one will be happy to fork out a decent fee to get the games. I’m sure many of us travelling fans will be saving plenty on our usual match day out. If the clubs are struggling for money then it’s an opportunity to raise funds.

5 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Will probably work out cheaper plus you get the benefit of not freezing your nuts off.

You could put the TV in the window and sit outside, plus stand outside your bathroom door for 10 minutes before you can piss and reheat some miserable frozen pie. Get your neighbor to sit outside too and pretend you’re social distancing a the park.

14 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Will probably work out cheaper plus you get the benefit of not freezing your nuts off.

Or you could watch countless other games that aren't utter dogshit on the same device for even less money.

PPV football at this level is a guilt-trip effort rather than a viable product. I can put money into the club through other means though so have absolutely no interest in paying for some tinpot stream of two crap teams shelling the ball at each other for 90 minutes. 

25 minutes ago, virginton said:

Or you could watch countless other games that aren't utter dogshit on the same device for even less money.

PPV football at this level is a guilt-trip effort rather than a viable product. I can put money into the club through other means though so have absolutely no interest in paying for some tinpot stream of two crap teams shelling the ball at each other for 90 minutes. 

This.

Even watching European giants like United is fucking dogshit like this.

Despite having a virtual season ticket I just went hillwalking last week instead.  The novelty wore off pretty quick

1 hour ago, virginton said:

I just can't understand this mindset.

Yes you can put money to the club through other means but why not get something out of it?

'No interest' in watching your team play? I just don't get it.

On 6 June 2020 at 18:33, Skyline Drifter said:

I believe your reservations regarding numbers will be justified after the first flush of interest,   and the further down the leagues you go, viewers will not be dropping off into a few hundred but more likely a few dozen. Hard to see more for us when home supporters at Forthbank are in the 400/450 range.

I believe that a number will be like me, the longer the lack of live matches has lasted, the more I realise that it is the people I see at games that I miss and not the football itself, and that is from a lifelong Albion fan and 40 year season ticket holder including the season yet to start.

Edited by AlbionMan

You’ve definitely got a point and there will be others that agree.

But I think there are plenty of fans like me who will enjoy the streams this season. If I was only interested in quality of football I wouldn’t support a team and just go watch Liverpool instead. Queens mean something to me so the match also means more as a result. I sometimes pay to watch Brentford on ifollow because I used to support them at uni. I always pay to watch Queens on the various online platforms that have been around for years, (Dunfermline/Raith etc.)

Plenty of people talk about the negatives and there will be many. But there are some positives to watching your local team from your armchair as well. Grab a beer, avoid the horrendous weather, see the game from a better or at least different perspective, international/England based fans can watch every game for the first time ever.

This won’t be a revolution, going to the match will always be better at this level, but it might not be that bad!

Over the last few years I’ve enjoyed plenty of ‘super saturdays’ in my living room when mates come round. We put Queens on one tv and put whatever big match is on the other. Actually quite fun. And on at least a few occasions we changed the QOS match to the big tv with the sound because even Premier League matches can be shite sometimes. And I personally cannot stand La Liga.

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I just can't understand this mindset.

Yes you can put money to the club through other means but why not get something out of it?

'No interest' in watching your team play? I just don't get it.

There's nothing to get out of it. I don't want to watch a 90 minute stream of a match: I want to be there or I'll just watch the highlights instead. Those were the choices available before March and I see no reason to pay any amount of money - never mind what Championship clubs will try and get away with - to access some pointless shite halfway house that they want to push now.

If fans can't get to games then the season at this and all levels below should be scrapped.