Closed Doors Live Streaming.

Closed Doors Live Streaming   

242 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Trying to sneak in the back door to the premiership and calling for a null and void season doesn't count.

It’s so pleasing that any reconstruction would mean The Caley being promoted and Dundee and Ayr United missing out.

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Great! Please tell us these 'other ways'? These are exactly the alternatives we are all looking for.

There’s plenty of ways football clubs can gain investment. 

Asking fans to fork out 10-15 quid every week to sit on their sofa watching some shite feed on their laptop isn’t one of them.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

There’s plenty of ways football clubs can gain investment. 

Asking fans to fork out 10-15 quid every week to sit on their sofa watching some shite feed on their laptop isn’t one of them.

Such as.....

4 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

As someone mentioned somewhere else watching the bundesliga on a decent stream was bad enough. Never mind watching Arbroath v ayr .without fans the games fucked tbh .and I think £5 is about as much as people would be willing too pay.

Aye. The Bundesliga games are a strange watch. Even the Dortmund and Bayern games last week with top class players were slow and preseason friendly-esque. I’d pay £5 max to watch us on a stream 

I guess Dundee fans implying they’d give their club their whole wage packet is true to form given their club needs bailed out fairly regularly. 

Think it's a terrible idea. However, if it's a very long time till fans can return. It could be an option,just to try and keep clubs alive till then.

The smaller clubs definitely aren't going to have the take up to make it work. So maybe with a shared pot from it. And every club running on much reduced wages, and some basically just youth teams.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Aye. The Bundesliga games are a strange watch. Even the Dortmund and Bayern games last week with top class players were slow and preseason friendly-esque. I’d pay £5 max to watch us on a stream 

It's a total non-starter.  There might be a big uptake for the first couple of matches, but if clubs are charging £15+ for the stream every week the drop off will be enormous.  

That's unfair on the Scarf. Sure, he was white knighting Scot Gardiner for a week before that all blew back spectacularly but I for one do not believe he is anything less than a 7/10 and would not entertain the idea of plaid flannel shirts. 

7 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

It's a total non-starter.  There might be a big uptake for the first couple of matches, but if clubs are charging £15+ for the stream every week the drop off will be enormous.  

That’s how I feel about as well. I can’t see folk paying £15 a week to watch it on a potentially poor stream with no atmosphere. It definitely won’t make as much for clubs as ticket sales/Matchday revenue does. Not by a long shot 

Edited by Thereisalight..

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

That's unfair on the Scarf. 

would not entertain the idea of plaid flannel shirts. 

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I’m not as fat as that. I do wear the same clothes though.

terry crews trailer GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I don't even see why it should cost less to watch the match via a stream.  The fact it isn't the same as being there doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with the price to view a live event. 

I don't think you'll be put in charge of marketing the idea.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

14 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Yup.

Also just think what would happen if a stream goes down for a couple of minutes or if it freezes or buffers for a bit. 

Clubs have equipment that is perfunctory but it isn't top equipment. It's also ran by volunteers.

There will be no replays. No various camera angles (most will have a single camera; some might have a second at most). Perhaps no commentary at some games. No analysis (a positive for me as I can't stand it but others like it). No stats.

It's a tough sell

If clubs have to play matches without fans and it’s a way of A) watching the games and B) a way to generate some money, then I don’t see the problem. It would be a difficult one to implement. If Ayr were playing Arbroath, then I would be under the impression if you’re paying to watch the match, then Arbroath would be the benefactors of the money as it’s their home match. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I don't even see why it should cost less to watch the match via a stream.  The fact it isn't the same as being there doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with the price to view a live event. 

Am I being whooshed here?

That is just insane.  Do the PPV viewers for for big boxing matches pay similarly for the privilege to those clutching ringside tickets?

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Playing games in empty stadiums would not only not delay clubs dying, it would accelerate it.

Unsure how folk are not getting that the finances aren't even close to being close to working.

This, this, a thousand times this.

I don't understand why some people don't understand it.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Why would they want to? 7 out the 10 clubs would make more by keeping the away fan's subscriptions from the home games.

The League would lay down the rules to ensure the share was fair. If the home club kept only their home games a team like Hearts could loose out as more of their support will watch away games .  The clubs with larger support would benefit by always receiving the revenue from their own support