Closed Doors Live Streaming.

Closed Doors Live Streaming   

242 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I am all for giving this a go.

I would pay £20 per game on a decent stream.

I think no games at all would have an even worse affect on clubs.

You're either very charitable or completely insane. £20+ is ludicrous for a match ticket, never mind sitting watching a "decent" stream on your laptop or tablet.

I think clubs might try it and it could be successful for a very brief time but inevitably people will lose interest quickly. Games without fans are a waste of time tbh and you'd be better mothballing the league.

I could well change my mind on this one as the period without domestic football gets significantly longer but I currently have no appetite whatsoever to watch Scottish second tier season through the sole means of an online stream. I highly doubt that it would be financially sensible but the more important principle is that a new season should not start until fans being able to attend matches. If that means having to delay or truncate the season, then just do that instead.

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

You're either very charitable or completely insane. £20+ is ludicrous for a match ticket, never mind sitting watching a "decent" stream on your laptop or tablet.

I think clubs might try it and it could be successful for a very brief time but inevitably people will lose interest quickly. Games without fans are a waste of time tbh and you'd be better mothballing the league.

£20+ is what I would usually pay at Dens at least, if it was the only way I could watch them and help to keeping the lights on then this is what I am willing to pay.

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

£20+ is what I would usually pay at Dens at least, if it was the only way I could watch them and help to keeping the lights on then this is what I am willing to pay.

Yeah I don’t think it’s either charitable or insane to want to support your team/club.  I’m more surprised by the number of folk on this football forum who are less willing to part with their cash to meet that end.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Yeah I don’t think it’s either charitable or insane to want to support your team/club.  I’m more surprised by the number of folk on this football forum who are less willing to part with their cash to meet that end.

It's entirely possible to support your football club financially without signing up to receive an utterly shit replacement product.

£20 to watch Dundee, but the stream would need to be high quality. At least 720p and manned by someone that doesn't miss half the action.

£15 would be my limit otherwise.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

I can sort of understand paying full price for your own team but would I f**k pay Dundee or any other club £20 for the privilege of a soulless game devoid of quality.

I’m constantly amazed by how easily conned and emotionally blackmailed people are by football clubs. You should never feel obligated to give them your money without getting something in return.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Personally, I don't get to Gayfield that often (I'm at more away games because of my location)

A trip to Gayfield costs me 300 miles of diesel, 2 nights in a hotel and 2 expensive meals for 2, before I even factor in the price of a pint in Tutties & paying on the gate.

£20 to have it streamed to my armchair? Count me in!

I'd still rather be at Gayfield, Palmerston, Somerset, Firhill & even the sh*tehole that is the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium though...

8 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I can sort of understand paying full price for your own team but would I f**k pay Dundee or any other club £20 for the privilege of a soulless game devoid of quality.

I’m constantly amazed by how easily conned and emotionally blackmailed people are by football clubs. You should never feel obligated to give them your money without getting something in return.

I wouldn't say I am conned or emotionally blackmailed in any way by my club. I don't feel obligated either, which is why I would watch them away through a stream too. I support my club and getting to away games just hasn't been practical for me in recent years, but if I could I would, this doesn't line my own chairmans pockets but feeds my own hobby, win, lose or draw, I just love watching my team, be it on a stream, tv or at the event.

It might also depend on how many fans you have in your household. If it’s a family where you might normally have 3 or 4 attendees then 20 quid for all of them to watch the game isn’t too bad.

The obvious issues right now is the standard of the streaming.

Get it done.

A bit like the golf club get the money up front. Set up for first 10 games until we get update on access to attend games.

I think £10 a game would work with a 75%/25% home and away split. This way the bigger supported clubs would get a fair share reflecting their greater support and smaller clubs get support from away numbers, this being part of the overall package

Would need high definition and replays. Would accept central main camera and one angled as back up in case we miss the goal.

Contract may have to reflect that it stops again or continues behind closed doors after initial ten games.

Rules should also state options for league curtailment at the start of the season.

Follow follow seems to think Morton have initiated this move, any info.

Hey I am a single watching supporter but as no home or away travel cost accept multi watching groups may require cost increased to £15 to cover average household number factor.

Personally to me It’s not about what people are “willing” to pay it’s about what people can afford to pay and is it justifiable. 

I see a lot of the time on Airdrie threads and on social media our fans calling other Airdrie supporters true” or “real” fans because they donate to the club or can pay that bit more. Utter pish. If I was making a really comfortable living I wouldn’t mind doing the odd turn for Airdrie. Fact is though I’ve been a student recently, only just qualified last month and don’t have a job yet. Airdrie have done f**k all for me personally and the football for years is utter pish. Supporting a sports team to me is like other hobbies but a fucking expensive one at that. As fans we owe our teams nothing. So after buying a season ticket and forking out on merchandise I’m no position to and couldn’t justify paying £15-£20 for a shite stream to watch us play turgid shite against other pish sides like Stranraer. Other clubs could also price themselves out of the casual fan tuning in. If it came to a crunch game or the playoffs I’d happily pay a couple of quid to watch the games but only within reason. 

For people with the disposable income fair play to you and what you do is none of my business but fans looking down their noses at those who can’t or choose not to need to take a look at themselves. 

2 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

Personally to me It’s not about what people are “willing” to pay it’s about what people can afford to pay and is it justifiable. 

I see a lot of the time on Airdrie threads and on social media our fans calling other Airdrie supporters true” or “real” fans because they donate to the club or can pay that bit more. Utter pish. If I was making a really comfortable living I wouldn’t mind doing the odd turn for Airdrie. Fact is though I’ve been a student recently, only just qualified last month and don’t have a job yet. Airdrie have done f**k all for me personally and the football for years is utter pish. Supporting a sports team to me is like other hobbies but a fucking expensive one at that. As fans we owe our teams nothing. So after buying a season ticket and forking out on merchandise I’m no position to and couldn’t justify paying £15-£20 for a shite stream to watch us play turgid shite against other pish sides like Stranraer. Other clubs could also price themselves out of the casual fan tuning in. If it came to a crunch game or the playoffs I’d happily pay a couple of quid to watch the games but only within reason. 

For people with the disposable income fair play to you and what you do is none of my business but fans looking down their noses at those who can’t or choose not to need to take a look at themselves. 

I don't know about Airdrie, but Arbroath have always had reduced prices for students, unemployed & pensioners. I'm sure that they would provide reduced rate access to these groups.

In addition, if streaming takes off, I'm not sure how any club can stop me having my mates round whilst I stream it onto the main living-room telly.

Surely something is better than nothing?

Would I personally be willing to pay the price of entry to watch streams of closed door Morton games? Yes.

Do I think it would be sensible for the season to restart on the basis of closed doors and streaming? Absolutely not. There's just no way clubs could make enough money because the majority of people who usually go wouldn't be willing to pay that or wouldn't bother even at a cheaper price, before even considering all the other matchday revenue they'd be losing.

It may not be possible, but starting the season at whatever point fans can be back in stadiums is far more likely to be conducive to survival for clubs in this division, and if that means a truncated season so be it.

If that point is still so far away that clubs genuinely have to make a choice between games behind closed doors or nothing and we get the conclusion that the limited income of closed door games v running costs is a better option than nothing then fine. We'll all do what we can to support clubs through it, but it's going to be a grim time if it comes to that.

I think it needs a big backer, like Ladbrokes or William Hill to pump advertising during it, plus targeted advertising sold by the clubs to maximise revenue. 

The cost should reflect the production value, if it is one fixed camera at the half way line and no replays or commentary then anything over £10 is taking the piss.