Your team's 2019/20 signing report card

Shamelessly lifted from the Premiership and Championship forum.

Stefan McCluskey - Works himself into the ground every week, nice guy and was a really handy player in his day - but those few seasons in the Juniors look to have taken it out of him. Failed to score a single goal for us and really didn't threaten too many times. Can't fault the effort, but the end product was disappointing - 4/10

Morgyn Neill - Had a horrible debut and then a pretty torrid time in the early stages of the season, but settled into a pretty solid, no-nonsense centre-half. Gains extra points for the fact he'll play through anything, had his teeth smashed out in a friendly and was the only player to play every minute for us this season. Also celebrates like an absolute mentalist when we win. I like him, hope he stays and think he could be a solid player for us for a good few years. He's already came on leaps and bounds under Duffy. 7/10

Jordan Pettigrew - Looked pretty shaky in pre-season, but then looked steady and reliable enough in the Betfred appearances he got. Hasn't played since August mind you and didn't seem in for a sniff at any point all season which, given Conor Brennan had a couple of shockers, isn't a glowing recommendation. 5/10

Conor Scullion - I actually think he had something. Was injured in pre-season, returned at the start of the league campaign and looked good before dropping out the team until about December. Was fantastic against Raith at Stark's and set up our goal against Stranraer a week later after a fantastic run, but was maybe just a wee bit too lightweight. After falling down the pecking order with Ross Forbes and Jai Quitongo coming in he left in January. 4/10

Ryan Tierney - Another signed from the exit trials, Ryan Tierney looks like a guy who has lost his way in football. I can't explain it, but it's similar to an issue we've had with quite a few young strikers who have left bigger clubs after not making the grade. Again there is talent there, but he's not particularly quick, doesn't hold the ball up particularly well and didn't run the channels. Stick him in a one-on-one and I'd fancy him to finish it, but we need much more. 2/10

Isaac Layne - Oh how we all laughed when big Isaac Layne rocked up in G82. Having played for about 29 clubs in four years or something (and not been very good at most of them) he looked like a disastrous bit of business. A few months later he was the league's top scorer. He's a bizarre player, he flicks between being a bulldozer of a centre-forward with a knack of being in the right place at the right time, and being a clumsy big jobber who doesn't win anything in the air and falls over his own feet. His goals came in spurts; Zero in his first four, six in his next five, zero in his next six, three in three and then zero in six. You can't argue with his numbers though, 17 starts and nine goals. If he'd just managed to stay fit for the season it would've been really interesting to see how many he ended up with. 7/10

Jordan McMillan - Forgot about him. Looked good against Annan on his debut, absolutely horrific after that. Vanished until November when he came in, in our Scottish Cup tie with Forfar after Reghan Tumilty was ruled out. Was outstanding, but didn't really play again before being punted to Pollok. Gets a mark up on Tierney purely for the Forfar performance. 3/10

Lewis Crawford - Still really young, a local lad and from a Sons supporting family. I think everyone is desperate for him to do well. Looked a real find in pre-season and was excellent against Annan, but got dismantled against Morton in the 6-1 game at Cappielow and I'm not sure he fully recovered. It was still his first season in senior football, and it showed. Went out on loan to Rossvale before returning for the Aberdeen game where he did well enough. He's got the physical attributes and attitude to be a good player, but I'm not sure if he'll make it at this level. 3/10

Mati Zata - Right up there with the very worst players I've seen for us. I can accept players who are rubbish but at least try and look for the ball, Zata vanished as soon as he set foot on the pitch and I've absolutely no idea what sort of midfielder he was meant to be. I'll always remember two things about his time at the Rock; shepherding the ball out for a Queen of the South throw-in so he didn't have to touch it, going 40 minutes without touching the ball in pre-season against Motherwell before volleying it over our own crossbar from the edge of the box. Was emptied to Rossvale on loan and left permanently in March. 1/10

Rico Quitongo - I'm not sure you'll find a single Sons fan who doesn't like Rico Quitongo. At the start of the season he looked like a guy who hadn't played senior football before, and there's no doubting his distribution is a bit ropy, but he's grown every week into a really sturdy wee defender. He's got a huge heart, never shirks a challenge and became one of our best players before the season was halted. Another season to grow at the Rock and then I reckon he could make the step up to full-time football. 8/10

PJ Crossan - Outrageously talented. Outrageously frustrating. Crossan is the bit of sparkle that very few players in our squad does, on his day he has the magic to rip a team to shreds - and I like him a lot as a player. On the downside he also has days where all he does is run into full-backs and then goes in a huff with himself. Six goals is a solid return for a winger for a season that ended in March, and I'd still be tempted to give him a run up front. He's a good finisher - once he finds a way to avoid running into the full-back who is two yards away. 7/10

Ruaridh Langan - Ruaridh Langan is exactly my sort of player. He's a neat and tidy central midfielder, who will play aesthetically pleasing pass and isn't afraid to get stuck in. He's got plenty of quality on the ball, and is unfortunate that we have an abundance of good players in his best position. It's easy to forget that this was his first season getting regular gametime, and I think he's a handy player to have about the place. I know he maybe doesn't dictate games as much as he could, but I'd be pretty sorry to see him go. 6/10

Ryan McGeever - Could copy and paste Morgyn Neill's for this. I'd add in though that McGeever is a player who I've always liked and I think he'll be a really solid lower league defender for years to come. His massive head and clinical streak in front of goal gives him cult-hero potential too. 7.5/10

Matthew Shiels - I don't know why we bother with Rangers loan players. Matthew Shiels, a striker turned winger, turned left-back can go into the pile of instantly forgettable Rangers loan players we've had. He was injured for ages, played and didn't look up to much and then found Jordan McMillan preferred over him in his new natural position when Rico Quitongo got injured against Falkirk. His parents then kicked off when a comment was made in the stand about that reflecting on his ability. He's tall, quick and strong. But he doesn't appear to fancy the physical side of the game much, and I really don't think he's a defender. 1/10

Joe McKee - Is Joe McKee one of the best part-time players in the country? I'd say that he probably is, yes. A gorgeous footballer who can spray passes around all day. His dead ball delivery is outstanding and he really should be playing at a higher level than this. He never hides, was always keen to take the ball in tight situations and always looking to open play up. Literally the only criticism I have of him is that with his quality he should've scored more than twice all season. Loses half a mark for that, but otherwise clearly out best signing of the season. 9.5/10

Reghan Tumilty - Baller. Kind of like a lower league James Tavernier in that he's a right-back despite his attributes being the fact he's superb going forward and takes quite a few risks at the back. Anyway, he was largely very good for us - scoring an absolutely sensational goal against Forfar Athletic and flying up and down the wing causing teams all sorts of problems. It's absolutely no coincidence that Morton's form improved once he returned to Cappielow - and I've still no idea why they loaned him out to us in the first place. 8.5/10

Adam Frizzell - Had a sensational debut that left us all thinking we'd found the next #DT23, but everything went a bit quieter after that. He was a talented wee player though, who maybe just needs to find a bit more of an end product. We lost something when he got injured in December and, having been let go by Killie and with Jim Duffy a big fan, I'd be happy to see us offer him something for whenever the season restarts. 7/10

Callum Wilson - Who do you sign when your team has weaknesses in most positions apart from central-midfield? Of course. A central midfielder. I've absolutely no idea why we brought Callum Wilson in from Partick Thistle and, having played about 120 minutes, I'm not sure Callum Wilson has any idea why we brought in Callum Wilson. He looks alright I guess, but we've really not seen him play much at all. 3/10

Sam Wardrop - Probably the ideal replacement for Reghan Tumilty on paper, but unfortunately looked like a guy who had been out for over a year with a pretty nasty injury. If we can get him back up to full sharpness he'll be a smashing signing though, and he's a good ex-Westerton United boy who has his head on straight. Also lives round the corner from me and we had a chat about playing against each other in a primary school tournament after his second Sons debut. 5/10

Jai Quitongo - I was so excited when we finally signed Jai. He had everything we needed and was surely desperate to get himself back on track for a move to the big time. He wasn't ever fully fit or sharp though and, aside from some flashes of devastating pace against Clyde and a well taken goal against Forfar, we unfortunately never got to see the player who was tipped for a move down south a few years ago at Morton. I really think he'd benefit from getting 30 or so games under his belt at us when the season restarts, but he's moving down south to try and get a club down there - so that looks like a non-starter. Wouldn't be surprised to see him have a similar career to his old man. 5/10

Robert Jones - Very much a plan B option, big Robert signed from Stranraer with nobody really expecting much. He then went on to have a storming debut against East Fife where he looked like the sort of all-round forward we've been missing for years. That was as good as it got however, and after that he was ungainly, awkward and clumsy. Shame, because he really was excellent on his debut. 4/10

Ross Forbes - Had just started to get up to speed when the season came to an end. After a pretty unimpressive first few games he was dropped to the bench for the visit of Raith Rovers, came on and really helped swing the game in our favour. Followed that up with an absolutely outstanding Man of the Match showing against Forfar and a decent enough performance against Clyde - and then that was that. The season was done. I love him as a player though, and know Duffy is the guy to get the best out of him. 6/10

Edited by Jan Vojáček

Permanent transfers still at club

David Mitchell - I questioned our decision to release Blair Currie after so many clean sheets in last seasons promotion campaign, but Mitchell is an undoubted upgrade, the only thing Currie looked better at was distribution. Hasn't covered himself in glory on a couple of occasions but the crucial saves at crucial times has outweighed they errors. Not afraid to come for crosses and take pressure off the defence when some of our past keepers loved being rooted to their line. Very vocal too. 9/10

Craig Howie - Didn't have the best start to his Clyde career but seems to have improved and got to grips with the level as time went on. Has been used at right back quite often but far prefer him in the centre. Lost his place before the shut down but I would liked to have seen him and Lang play together in the middle. 6/10

Chris Johnston - an exciting looking signing in pre season after causing us some problems for Annan the previous campaign. Had some good games and been anonymous in others, a player I do like but would like to see a little more consistency from. Looking back at the OP I could've probably copied and pasted the first few points about PJ Crossan. 6/10

Gregg Wylde - good addition on paper, played at a good pedigree. Not really shown enough since coming in January though. 3/10

Darren Smith - a player who very much comes into the frustrating category. Doesn't seem to know the offside rule and his composure is terrible at times. Has scored a couple of great goals though, the winner at Falkirk and one at Stirling in the cup which will push his rating up a bit. Would likely have been moved on at the end of the season even in normal circumstances. 5/10

Permanent transfers since left the club

I think that subtitle tells you all you need to know about this lot :lol:

Tony Wallace - 1 or 2 good games but not enough. Despite being known as a utility player, centre mid is a position I've never remembered him playing in his career yet we seemed to want to play him there more often than not, so that can be a slight defence of him. Scoring against Thistle in the cup was an appreciative moment I suppose. 3/10

Liam Allison - horse shit. No idea why we even entertained the idea after a couple of his pre-season showings. He's actually down as having registered an assist in his brief appearences but I can't remember that 1/10

Michael McMullin - looked slightly better than Allison but still not good enough. 1/10

Loans

Alex Petkov (Hearts) - Had a couple of alright games (Dumbarton away in particular springs to mind) but that's about it. Looked more like a centre mid than a centre half to me. 3/10

Tom Lang (Dunfermline) - already knew what we were getting here, having been such an important player in the promotion winning campaign. An absolute class act and very comfortable on the ball too which is a rarity for a CB at this level. Last min winner against East Fife to score his first ever senior goal was a cracking moment too. Showed his class in the cup tie against Celtic. 9/10

Adam Livingstone (Motherwell) - another good addition. Maybe looked better than he actually is due to the fact we had been playing without a left back all season till he signed :lol: Was caught cold a couple of times defensively but did look steady in the main. Should improve in the future with experience. 7/10

Ross Cunningham (Hamilton) - seemed strange to me at the time that Accies were sending their top scorer out on loan to a league 1 side, then when I looked it up further turned out the majority of the goals were penalties. Still though, a player featuring occasionaly in the top flight coming in on loan looked a shrewd bit of business. Hadn't done much in his first couple of appearences for us but in his 3rd at Raith he should've had a hat trick by half time, getting in to some great positions but finishing terribly. He gets a decent rating here though, we were a better side with him in it. 6/10

Edited by C. Muir

David McGurn: The first signing of last summer, and one which firmly got any dissenters back on side. Sure, there's always an element of 'never go back' but the man is a hall of famer. Did a solid turn for us but made the occasional mistake, such as Peterhead away. 6/10

Ross Munro:  Came with glowing references from Ross County but never really matched expectations. Very shaky when coming for crosses and ultimately made a few errors. Still did a job at points, but the defence never really looked as solid. 6/10

Steven Anderson: When we signed Steven Anderson, Partick fans immediately said it would be a huge boost to our title challenge. A shaky defence got transformed when he was in the team as we moved to a back three. He was an utter rock at the back and added an air of professionalism to a back line which lost four goals to East Fife. He would've scored higher but for injury. 7/10

Kieran McDonald: First time we've paid a fee for a player, and we got an utter bargain. Macca scooped up three awards at our player of the season and has generally featured in most of the team of the years you'll see on here. He chipped in with numerous assists and a few goals. Defensively he looked solid enough, but going forward he looked like what we'd expected of Callum Crane last season: a marauding wing back. 10/10

Fernandy Mendy: Oh Nando. Signed on the back of pre-season games and then utterly bombed in the Betfred cup. The guy has buckets of enthusiasm and seems to have really embraced Scottish culture since joining. Sadly, he looked completely out his depth. 1/10

Michael Miller: Miller came in as a player who had slipped down the leagues after some bad injuries. He's been a utility player but generally been solid  at right back. He's a threat at set pieces with headers and has a good shot on him, meaning he ended up with more goals than John Baird.  7/10

Grant Anderson: Another of the old gang returning, Anderson came in as a forward rather than the winger we'd known him as. He didn't get as much game time near the end, but he was invaluable at the start with winners away to Airdrie and Dumbarton. He also scored one of the most underrated goals of the season against Clyde at home. 8/10

Daniel Armstrong: After an underwhelming period with Ross County, Armstrong came back as part of the trio who really kicked our season into a higher gear. Scored an utter beauty of a free kick to equalise against Falkirk and put in a couple of good shifts, but generally struggled to reach the levels we know he can. 6/10

Regan Hendry: Alleged to have turned down more money at Falkirk to come to us because of how our fans had treated him, Hendry is one of a kind. Brilliant touch, vision and passing which is pretty much unparalleled at this level. He should be playing higher up than he is. Ran the show this season and I'm looking forward to see how his development continues. 10/10

Brad Spencer: The second of our midfield trio, Spencer has been an excellent addition. His creativity has been instrumental at points this season. He'll happily break up play or get forward with the ball. Works very well with Matthews and Hendry to orchestrate things in the middle. 8/10

Jamie Gullan: Looked a different player to last season where he only managed a solitary goal. This season he looked far stronger and more confident in his abilities. He managed to get a good haul of goals before going back to the edges of the first team at Hibs. His celebration against East Fife was one of the high points for our fans this season. 8/10

Joao Victoria: An absolute mystery of a player. He looked tricky at times but never really got going. Went on loan to Stranraer with a solitary goal to his name and not much working for him having fallen down the pecking order. 4/10

Lewis Allan:  Scored a few goals at the start of the season but disappeared from the team in January having been booed onto the pitch when being subbed on. Benedictus said he was understandably devastated by this. Wouldn't surprise me if he drops out the game completely. 5/10.

John Baird: Another returning legend. Baird came back on amateur terms after a wee sabbatical from the high life in Australia. Took him a while to get back up to speed but really looked like the player we know and love at the end of the season. Struck up a good partnership with Steven MacLean. 7/10

Steven MacLean: Came in from Hearts on loan and added a real edge to our team. We'd struggled to impose ourselves on teams in the first half of the season. MacLean changed that with his presence and determination to win games. He'd started to hit form at the same time as the pandemic but really seemed to grab the team by the scruff of the neck. Fantastic opening goal against Falkirk. For how the team changed, I've given him quite a high rating. 7/10

Kurtis Roberts - Had a strange season in that he was always highly regarded by the fans but never really seemed to be by the management. Was in and out the team a lot, was regularly on the bench (and an unused sub at that), was even dropped for a reserve player at one point and there were question marks over his fitness. Probably never had the impact he could or should have had on the team (though that's possibly due to lack of game time than anything else) but he was probably our only midfielder with a bit of guile about him, in a team that was desperately crying out for exactly that. His only regular run with the team was during our best spell of the season when we went top of the league. Possibly not a coincidence. 6/10. 

Craig Thomson - Pacey and tricky. I would expect a player of Thomson's ostensible skill level to have a much better end product (he only scored 1 goal the whole season) but there's no doubt his pace and trickery make him a threat at this level. Signed up for next season so hopefully we get to see him in a diamond again. 5/10. 

Kyle MacDonald - Really like Kyle. Think he's been somewhat unlucky that his young teammate on the other flank has been so outstanding that he's taken all the plaudits but Kyle has been good, solid and reliable the whole season. Good player defensively and a part of a collective defence that had a very good goals against record. Can get up and down the park. Can deliver a decent cross ball and corner though his delivery is inconsistent. I think he's a bit of a steal in that he's totally flown under the radar of other clubs and even our own fans at times. Hope/expect him to get better and he gains more experience and develops as a player. 7/10. 

Adam Eckersley - Eckersley is a funny one. A real classy player and one of the best full-backs in the league and yet he's barely featured. I don't think you'll find an Airdrie fan who doesn't rate him but he was unfortunate to get a longish term injury and be replaced by Leon McCann, who emerged as a real find and scooped several Young Player of the Year awards last week. Eckersley never did anything wrong when he played but McCann was so good that it would have been unjust to drop him. Hard to rate him as he's obviously a cracking player but was out injured for a while, didn't play while we were on our best run of form and I don't he think featured or came off the bench at all after his injury? Scored a lovely goal in the League Cup tie against Clyde. 5/10. 

Reece Willison - Young keeper who was brought in to fill the bench while Scott Gallacher was still injured and fell down the pecking order when he returned. Did play a few times though and largely did okay though did have one shaky performance (Montrose at home). Don't think it's fair to rate him as he came in and did his job though ultimately had little impact on the course of the season. 

Callum Fordyce - Player of the Year and deservedly so. Featured in every game, captained the side on occasion and was a real colossus at the back in that previously mentioned, fairly mean defence. He's pretty much exactly what you want from a centre-half at this level - wins his headers, gets stuck in, wins his tackle and is a leader. He's a cleverer player than that as well though and can deal with one-on-ones, good positional sense, can organise his defence and his distribution, for a League 1 defender, is pretty good. Still feel like we let in a few too many soft goals for my liking but other than that, full marks. 9/10. 

Ally Roy - Oh Ally. This was a last chance for him to salvage any hopes of a career as a full-time footballer but it just did not work out for him at all. Started off the season reasonably well with a couple of goals in the League Cup. But missed a dreadful penalty up at Montrose in the second game of the season and his season really fell off a cliff from there. Scored a total of 5 goals all season which, while it isn't the worst goal tally ever heard of, only 3 were in the league and none of them were decisive or important. Not slow but never particularly showed or used any pace he might have, couldn't get by a player, couldn't hold up the ball and no particular skill or guile or penetration on the ball whenever he had it. His goals were nice enough finishes but you could never call him a natural goalscorer and he was rarely in a position to get a shot on target let alone score. Think his other season defining moment was in the Scottish Cup tie at Cliftonhill where he didn't score and struggled all afternoon against a 41/42 Albion Rovers side. He got plenty of chances in the team though so the management, presumably, saw something in him. 2/10. 

Calum Gallagher - There's not many better League 1 strikers than Calum Gallagher. Could play for any team at this level and score 10-20 goals. 14 goals this season was a decent return and Airdrie fans will remember that overhead kick (voted goal of the season) and THAT goal against Falkirk for many years to come. He's also a better footballer than he's given credit for. He's very unconventional in the way that he moves around the pitch but he can hold the ball up, play other players into position and create chances, can win the ball in the air and, while he's not particularly quick, he's no slouch either. Has better games than others, though he undoubtedly suffered from a lack of quality and cutting edge in our midfield, but there's no doubt he's an excellent forward at this level. 8/10. 

Nat Wedderburn - Nat Wedderburn is both vastly over and under-rated by the Airdrie support. Some fans derided him as one of our worst ever players which isn't true. Other fans seemed to think he was some messianic ball-playing midfielder which patently isn't true either. The truth isn't in the middle either - he certainly lies much more on the side of over-rated and just plain rubbish. Nat will generally find an Airdrie player with a pass and can recycle possession. Because of his size he's also fairly good at winning the ball. That's about it though when it comes to Big Nat. His passes lack any cutting edge whatsoever and he's far too slow to be an effective midfielder at this level, especially against the better teams. If he gets caught in possession, loses possession or gets involved in any sort of one-on-one or last man situation you're fucked. Nice guy and still has something to offer clubs but he's done at this level. 3/10 (though could be tempted to up him a score based on his D-von Dudley costume). 

Josh Kerr - Arrived at the club with a good pedigree having been on the books at Celtic, Brighton and played first team level in Ireland. It was a real shaky start for Josh though. Had a reputation as a ball-playing defender but got caught in possession several times, was way too ambitious with his passing (which I am sure cost us the first game of the season against Forfar?), got bullied by older, more experienced and physical forwards and eventually found his way out the team for months. When he got back in the team he'd improved immensely. Won his headers and tackles, good positional awareness and kept the other parts of his game simple (and was all the better for it). Totally bossed Goodwillie out the game in our last meeting with Clyde which is no mean feat considering how much trouble he'd given Crighton and Fordyce previously. Has come a long way. Is out of contract but I hope we see him in a diamond again as he continues to progress his career. 5/10. 

Euan O'Reilly - Young player who arrived on loan from St Johnstone at the start of the season. Looked like he could do us a turn but got injured and quickly returned to St Johnstone. No rating as didn't see him enough to fairly quantify. 

James Cowan - One of those players who comes in near the end of the transfer window as a cheap gamble to boost the squad numbers. Featured a few times in the League Cup but I don't he played at all in the league and wasn't even getting a spot on the bench towards the end of his time at the club. Left quickly in the winter transfer window. Gets 1 mark for setting up Eckersley's lovely goal against Clyde. 1/10. 

Callum Smith - Came in on loan from Dunfermline without much expectation but I think it's fair to say he really impressed the Airdrie support. Has some engine on him. Can carry the ball up and down the park and is one of those players who is always busy. Can get by players and, whenever he's on the park, you can be generally confident that the ball is going to spend more time in the opposition's half than ours. Was our best player on a disappointing day at Tynecastle. Deservedly won the Directors' Young Player of the Year. His finishing can let him down but he's still a cracking player who I'd love to have back. 7/10. 

Paul McKay - Gets quite a lot of flack from Airdrie fans but I think he's a cracking player. Naturally a defender/centre-half, he spent most of his time with us in centre-mid. You could tell he was still adjusting to this change throughout his whole time at the club but he's a midfielder that, again, will generally find a team-mate with a pass, can tackle and he makes cracking runs from deep into the opposition's box which he scored a fair few times from (including in the win against Falkirk). Also has the potent long-throw though this had diminishing returns as the season continued. Also had better games than others but a player I'd be more than happy to see back in a diamond. 7/10. 

Charlie Reilly - Arrived at the same time as Leon McCann though didn't make anywhere near the same impression. Don't want to be too harsh as he's only a young guy but never really contributed anything whenever he was on the park and eventually got dropped. Got a horrific injury at Stark Park's which I hope sufficiently recovers(ed) from. 1/10. 

Leon McCann - Airdrie fans rave about him and it's absolutely justified. A bizarre decision from Accies to let him go and an absolute steal for us. Bombs forward and can whip in a cracking cross. Defensively sound with great positional sense, especially for someone so young. Regularly won the Man of the Match award and won several Young Player of the Year awards. Even kept Adam Eckersley out the team which is impressive for somebody as lacking in experience as he is. Definitely a future star and I am looking forward to seeing him play when football resumes and tracking his future career. 9/10. 

Innes Murray - Came in pretty much right before the lockdown but was a fairly neat and tidy midfielder. Excellent set piece delivery and recycled the ball well. Difficult to rate him but would be harsh not to give pass marks. 5/10. 

Andy Ryan - Returned a week or so after Innes Murray. Was hampered by lack of match fitness/sharpness, and trying too hard to score at times, but looked to be just hitting his stride before the season was ended. Never got the chance to see the best of him unfortunately. Also difficult to rate but again would be harsh not to give pass marks for the limited amount of game time he had. 5/10. 

10 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Ryan Tierney - Another signed from the exit trials, Ryan Tierney looks like a guy who has lost his way in football. I can't explain it, but it's similar to an issue we've had with quite a few young strikers who have left bigger clubs after not making the grade. Again there is talent there, but he's not particularly quick, doesn't hold the ball up particularly well and didn't run the channels. Stick him in a one-on-one and I'd fancy him to finish it, but we need much more. 2/10

Didn't read this before posting my own (sorry!) but should have just copy & pasted this for Ally Roy. 

David McGurn: Was an unreal keeper in his first spell, but it was clear he wasn’t as good as he used to be. 6/10
Kyle Bow: Modern apprentice, looks okay in warm ups I guess. ?/10
Ross Munro: Christ. Ross County spoke like the sun shined out his arse, but he was out of his depth in this League. Never seen a keeper more incapable at catching crosses in my life. 4/10
Kieran MacDonald: My days [emoji7] How Airdrie let this guy go for £500 is beyond me. A classy attacking fullback, he’s been instrumental in our title winning campaign. 9/10
Michael Miller: All Rovers fans were a bit weary with this guy, as he arrived from just-relegated Brechin, but again, he’s a talented attacking fullback, who can also play midfield. 7/10
Fernandy Mendy: If we’re basing this of looks, he looks a decent footballer. He looked decent in friendlies but after reportedly playing with a concussion during the Betfred Cup games, he was never given another chance. However, on loan at Kelty he looked a different beast. Maybe he will be given a chance. 3/10
Steven Anderson: When this guy arrived he was comfortably the best defender in this League, forming a good partnership with Bene and Davo. If he hadn’t got injured we would have comfortably topped the table by a lot more.
Brad Spencer: Our most underrated player, this man along with the next player is the main reason we dominated the midfield battle in most of our games. 9/10
Regan Hendry: The best player in this League and he will be the best player in the Championship. He also got it round Falkirk. 11/10
Grant Anderson: Started of superbly with Lewis Allan up top, but both of them faded away. I’d consider him a club legend for the 5 seasons he’s played with us though. 6/10
Daniel Armstrong: I’m not sure who the real Dan Armstrong is, the one who came in when we were struggling last season and tore teams apart, or the one who signed this season and contributed 2 goals in 20 or so games. If we can get this guy to the levels he was at during the 18/19 season, then we have a gem.
Quinn Coulson: Modern apprentice, no clue on his ability. ?/10
John Baird: Should he have came back? Perhaps not, but it was fitting he left here with a title. He did come alive while playing alongside Steven Maclean however, until the season was stopped. 5/10
Lewis Allan: Someone mentioned how this guy got booed when he came on the park, and it’s a shame that’s what he’ll be remembered for at Stark’s Park. He wasn’t bad by any means, just not what we needed. 3/10
Jamie Gullan: The Hammer scored exactly a goal every two games for us, and finished as our top goalkeeper despite leaving in January. Welcome back anytime. 9/10
Steven Maclean: Signed to replace Hammer, he provided a different dynamic with his areal ability and hold up play. Scored a cracker against Lolkirk as well. 8/10
Joao Victoria: Very poor signing. Looked tidy in the friendlies. Did feck all in the League for us before getting injured and then getting punted to Stranraer on loan. 3/10

David McGurn: 4/10 Used to be great, past his best. Keep as GK coach and as back-up 
Kyle Bow: Modern apprentice, Unknown and untried as far as I've seen. McGlynn must have seen something though and that's enough for me.
Ross Munro:  6/10. Much maligned by some imo but not. necessarily always the right scapegoat. He's young so will get better, best keeper I've seen with the ball at his feet since Rory Bryan. 

Robbie Thomson, 6.5/10  Solid if unspectacular.  (keep)

Michael Miller:  5/10  Has looked really classy at times but a little uninterested on the rare occasion. Injury issues curtailed his season when experts struggled to find the root of the problem. Kieran MacDonald: 9/10  A classy attacking fullback, What a steal he's been. (extend his contract beyond next season)
Fernandy Mendy: 3/10 Going on reports there's a player in there somewhere, whether we can find him and develop him is another matter.

Bene:  8/10 Better than last season but not back to his best yet.

Davo: 8/10 Odd rush of blood but that's Davo, Reads the game better than almost anyone else, great season and probably our No 1 defender.

Dave McKay: 7/10 Undeservedly cut from the team to accommodate others, keeps getting better and better.  I really hope he stays

Watson. 4/10 Lacked confidence, would have benefitted from a loan spell but couldn't be spared.
Steven Anderson: 6/10 Marshals the defence superbly but was occasionally caught out. Great for guys to learn from.  (sign him!!)
Brad Spencer: 7/10 Hit's that net so hard and often in practice yet in a game...  Great signing, hopefully gets better and better.  
Regan Hendry: 10/10 As said the best player in this League and so in control of things, only criticism is his lack of goals given his divide in class. Hope he has a great last season with us.(unless we win back to back promotions 😀)
Grant Anderson: 6/10 Great start, should have been given more time up front. Forever a Rovers legend.  Time to move on Ando.
Daniel Armstrong: 8/10 Few good goals but not hit the heights of last season, hope he stays.
Quinn Coulson: Modern apprentice, Unknown & Untried.
John Baird: 5/10 Took a while to get going but once he did showed what he's still all about, if we only play 18 games next season and he wanted to stay I'df offer him a gig.
Lewis Allan: 5/10 Treated appallingly by Rovers fans. A good lad if not an out and out goalscorer. 
Jamie Gullan: 8/10. Much better than last season, if Hibs find him surplus to requirements I'd offer him a shot in the Championship.
Steven Maclean: 7/10 physical with areal ability and great hold up play.  Despite his age I'd love to see him back next year.
Joao Victoria: 3/10 Destroyed loads of Raith sides in the last 2 years, couldn't do it for us. Shame really.

Kieran Bowie: 8/10 Great first full (nearly) season.  What a prospect, Fulham need to work on his right foot and timing his jump for a high ball. He'll do well.

Dylan Tate. 8/10 What a prospect, could eclipse Ziggy. 

Tony Dingwall: 6/10. Another with an injury blighted season, good in spells but I think (hope) there's more to come from Tony.

Ross Matthews: 8/10. Another high ranker in my opinion. Great season from Rosco, Surely has to be top of the re-signing list

Jack Smith: 6/10 Denied game time and another who would have benefitted from longer loans if we could have spared him. Good prospect.

Lewis Vaughan: 9/10  Only drops a point though lack of games, not his fault but hey ho. If he can just stay fit he will be a star yet. 2 Goals in 2 games 100% hit rate!

Edited by Scottydog

David McGurn: 4/10 Used to be great, past his best. Keep as GK coach and as back-up 
Kyle Bow: Modern apprentice, Unknown and untried as far as I've seen. McGlynn must have seen something though and that's enough for me.
Ross Munro:  6/10. Much maligned by some imo but not. necessarily always the right scapegoat. He's young so will get better, best keeper I've seen with the ball at his feet since Rory Bryan. 

Robbie Thomson, 6.5/10  Solid if unspectacular.  (keep)

Michael Miller:  5/10  Has looked really classy at times but a little uninterested on the rare occasion. Injury issues curtailed his season when experts struggled to find the root of the problem. Kieran MacDonald: 9/10  A classy attacking fullback, What a steal he's been. (extend his contract beyond next season)
Fernandy Mendy: 3/10 Going on reports there's a player in there somewhere, whether we can find him and develop him is another matter.

Bene:  8/10 Better than last season but not back to his best yet.

Davo: 8/10 Odd rush of blood but that's Davo, Reads the game better than almost anyone else, great season and probably our No 1 defender.

Dave McKay: 7/10 Undeservedly cut from the team to accommodate others, keeps getting better and better.  I really hope he stays

Watson. 4/10 Lacked confidence, would have benefitted from a loan spell but couldn't be spared.
Steven Anderson: 6/10 Marshals the defence superbly but was occasionally caught out. Great for guys to learn from.  (sign him!!)
Brad Spencer: 7/10 Hit's that net so hard and often in practice yet in a game...  Great signing, hopefully gets better and better.  
Regan Hendry: 10/10 As said the best player in this League and so in control of things, only criticism is his lack of goals given his divide in class. Hope he has a great last season with us.(unless we win back to back promotions [emoji3])
Grant Anderson: 6/10 Great start, should have been given more time up front. Forever a Rovers legend.  Time to move on Ando.
Daniel Armstrong: 8/10 Few good goals but not hit the heights of last season, hope he stays.
Quinn Coulson: Modern apprentice, Unknown & Untried.
John Baird: 5/10 Took a while to get going but once he did showed what he's still all about, if we only play 18 games next season and he wanted to stay I'df offer him a gig.
Lewis Allan: 5/10 Treated appallingly by Rovers fans. A good lad if not an out and out goalscorer. 
Jamie Gullan: 8/10. Much better than last season, if Hibs find him surplus to requirements I'd offer him a shot in the Championship.
Steven Maclean: 7/10 physical with areal ability and great hold up play.  Despite his age I'd love to see him back next year.
Joao Victoria: 3/10 Destroyed loads of Raith sides in the last 2 years, couldn't do it for us. Shame really.

Kieran Bowie: 8/10 Great first full (nearly) season.  What a prospect, Fulham need to work on his right foot and timing his jump for a high ball. He'll do well.

Dylan Tate. 8/10 What a prospect, could eclipse Ziggy. 

Tony Dingwall: 6/10. Another with an injury blighted season, good in spells but I think (hope) there's more to come from Tony.

Ross Matthews: 8/10. Another high ranker in my opinion. Great season from Rosco, Surely has to be top of the re-signing list

Jack Smith: 6/10 Denied game time and another who would have benefitted from longer loans if we could have spared him. Good prospect.

Lewis Vaughan: 9/10  Only drops a point though lack of games, not his fault but hey ho. If he can just stay fit he will be a star yet. 2 Goals in 2 games 100% hit rate!

“Signing report card”.