Scotland's League One and Two could be off until JANUARY

October start, with reduced attendances seems best for me. Lets clubs get some fans in, things might have improved more by then.

If we went for any earlier start, clubs wouldn't be able to use the furlough scheme, & we'd need to pay players with no money coming in.

17 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Imagine they'll do whatever they can to get the League and Scottish cups to go ahead.

Challenge Cup can get in the sea though. Teams lose money playing in that tournament as it is without them losing money on the back of a few very tough months too. But no doubt they'll find a way to give that the go ahead too so the beloved Colts sides aren't losing out on the tournament that apparently is going to make their players so much better.

Perfect opportunity to bin the Challenge Cup forever - it's a complete joke now and there is no honour (or money) in it. 

3 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

October start, with reduced attendances seems best for me. Lets clubs get some fans in, things might have improved more by then.

If we went for any earlier start, clubs wouldn't be able to use the furlough scheme, & we'd need to pay players with no money coming in.

I've been banging on about this for a week while and I have never been more convinced that crowds can be accommodated in a controlled 1mtr distanced set up.

I watch all these protests and what is allowed to happen on beaches in places like Bournemouth and it looks like double standards to me.

I've been banging on about this for a week while and I have never been more convinced that crowds can be accommodated in a controlled 1mtr distanced set up.
I watch all these protests and what is allowed to happen on beaches in places like Bournemouth and it looks like double standards to me.

I am not sure that the protests or people flocking to the beaches has been allowed to happen. They have happened because some people have decided that social distancing has no effect.

I think that the matches will all need to be all ticket to ensure that the limits are not breached, particularly for the 1st few weeks until things settle down.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

I am not sure that the protests or people flocking to the beaches has been allowed to happen. They have happened because some people have decided that social distancing has no effect.

I think that the matches will all need to be all ticket to ensure that the limits are not breached, particularly for the 1st few weeks until things settle down.

It'll be season ticket holders only for that period

9 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Do you reckon that away supporters won’t be able to attend ?

If it's restricted attendance then aye, I would it will be home fans only.

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Do you reckon that away supporters won’t be able to attend ?

I can see them saying no away supporters at grounds until about January at least, and it's probably best they do that. If ST holders can at least get to the home games, I suppose that's something

10 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Perfect opportunity to bin the Challenge Cup forever - it's a complete joke now and there is no honour (or money) in it. 

The Challenge Cup is beyond a joke now, it's not worth it if you don't make the final, and even then, it's not that good. It used to be seen as a good competition, means smaller clubs (outwith the top flight) have the chance at a domestic cup, but it's had the heart, enjoyment and success completely ripped out of it. I wonder if they are just going to scrap the Raith/Caley Thistle final, or if that will be played like the Scottish Cup semis?

Depends on results and the draw for me. Last season our wins against QotS and Arbroath were thoroughly enjoyable ways to fill an international weekend, and we were unlucky not to reach a semi final. I'd rather have games those weekends than not.

Yet I'd have binned it completely the previous year when we lost 4-1 to Hamilton Colts.

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

The Challenge Cup is beyond a joke now, it's not worth it if you don't make the final, and even then, it's not that good. It used to be seen as a good competition, means smaller clubs (outwith the top flight) have the chance at a domestic cup, but it's had the heart, enjoyment and success completely ripped out of it. I wonder if they are just going to scrap the Raith/Caley Thistle final, or if that will be played like the Scottish Cup semis?

It was fine as it was originally. Everytime they change it it just gets continually worse.

20 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Well the protests were preplanned & the authorities were notified in advance.

The crowds on the beaches could have been dispersed and the beaches closed if social distancing laws were being breached - like what happened at Bondi Beach, Burleigh Beach and others around the world.

Hence both allowed to happen.

It also amazes me that they can be happy with people cramming onto tube trains & other public transport but they won't let football fans sit a metre apart in a stadium outdoors.  

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

The crowds on the beaches could have been dispersed and the beaches closed if social distancing laws were being breached - like what happened at Bondi Beach, Burleigh Beach and others around the world.

It also amazes me that they can be happy with people cramming onto tube trains & other public transport but they won't let football fans sit a metre apart in a stadium outdoors.  

It amazes me you can't  tell the difference between protesting against advice, spontaneous attendances at beaches or parks and football authorities consciously planning a year of fixtures intending to invite people along.

Ok - if you mean notified in advance that permission was asked for then I am surprised that they were allowed to happen too.

But at the same time, demonstrations and travelling on public transport are discouraged at the moment.

At the end of the day, it’s happening because people are deciding to put themselves at risk or everybody they come into contact with.

Can anyone see tbe potential difficulty in an outright ban being forcibly pursued against demonstrations. Authorities will have been told they are happening and when. If the organisers are told that they will be forcibly dispersed, what might happen?Particularly in a highly charged atmosphere like a BLM march.

5 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Ironically enough, it's the transport that's the biggest problem for football matches. 

You could probably accomdate 30,000 socially distanced fans in Hampden for an international or Ibrox for a league game. 

But how do they get there? By being jampacked into buses, trains & subway. Or do you have parking for 30,000 cars because fans aren't allowed to carshare? 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Ironically enough, it's the transport that's the biggest problem for football matches. 

You could probably accomdate 30,000 socially distanced fans in Hampden for an international or Ibrox for a league game. 

But how do they get there? By being jampacked into buses, trains & subway. Or do you have parking for 30,000 cars because fans aren't allowed to carshare? 

Apparently it's okay if you wear a mask and are going to work 

9 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Apparently it's okay if you wear a mask and are going to work 

At the moment people are still operating under a few restrictions. The restriction on watching football hasn't been lifted. Can you understand why someone needs to travel for work but doesn't need to travel for a football match.

Football authorities are not in the position to lift that restriction, they need Government permission and policy at the moment excludes large gatherings.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It amazes me you can't  tell the difference between protesting against advice, spontaneous attendances at beaches or parks and football authorities consciously planning a year of fixtures intending to invite people along.

Hey where have I indicated I cannot tell the difference between each scenario - please can you point to what in my post gave you that assumption.

I thought I was talking about the hypocrisy in the Government's attitude to each DIFFERENT case where large crowds are & aren't allowed.  I would have thought the one where crowds are ticketed ,controlled & distanced would be the favoured one.    

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

At the moment people are still operating under a few restrictions. The restriction on watching football hasn't been lifted. Can you understand why someone needs to travel for work but doesn't need to travel for a football match.

Football authorities are not in the position to lift that restriction, they need Government permission and policy at the moment excludes large gatherings.

Jeez I didn't know any of that .........thanks Captain Obvious .........I mean Sergeant Wilson.