Scotland's League One and Two could be off until JANUARY

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Even if crowds can come back next month, most clubs don't have a squad signed up. I think it would be an epic mess of a scramble if we now announced the lower leagues were starting in August, but we'll see what happens.

That's the whole conundrum here. Clubs sign up a squad  next thing you know a second wave hits and leagues shut down again and clubs have a full squad of players to pay for that they cant put on furlough. 

39 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's the whole conundrum here. Clubs sign up a squad  next thing you know a second wave hits and leagues shut down again and clubs have a full squad of players to pay for that they cant put on furlough. 

Which is why I think an October start is a far more sensible approach. If crowds are allowed back before then at least it allows clubs to gain some income through friendlies before the season starts.

Guest Ecosse83

It would be madness to try for an August start now. October would let clubs plan properly.

Hopefully League 1 is no later than October!

6 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

It would be madness to try for an August start now. October would let clubs plan properly.

Hopefully League 1 is no later than October!

Fans are never happy one minute this is shocking no football need to get started soon as next minute no don’t start August it’s to soon 😂😂

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Which is why I think an October start is a far more sensible approach. If crowds are allowed back before then at least it allows clubs to gain some income through friendlies before the season starts.

Have they finalised a league cup schedule yet? Surely that could be put in September. Even if games involving Premier teams had to be midweek.

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aye some clubs. I'm sure I read a while back that because we don't own our stadium we can lose money hosting friendlies if not enough people turn up :lol:

Could easily say to club if things go the way they are just now and all planning by government on track that they can start training again the end of July

Then play friendlies in August and then start Group Stages on Betfred if they insist on playing them behind closed door in September for the league to start 1st week in october with fans back

31 minutes ago, David W said:

Have they finalised a league cup schedule yet? Surely that could be put in September. Even if games involving Premier teams had to be midweek.

No idea what the plan is. I'd rather we binned the league cup and played more league games but I understand that sponsors matter.

Guest Ecosse83
53 minutes ago, Derry said:

Fans are never happy one minute this is shocking no football need to get started soon as next minute no don’t start August it’s to soon 😂😂

Ok champ 🤣

Couldn’t we start at the beginning of October and play a 36 game season, instead of 27. Scrap the Challenge Cup, although it looks like the League Cup will go ahead, The Scottish Cup (I don’t think there’s a new sponsor yet) might not. So extended the league for a few weeks in May if necessary (which it might not be, just throw in a few more mid week fixtures maybe) and play a 36 game season, like normal. I suppose you’d have to plan for potential postponed games when it comes to winter, is the only thing. 

16 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Couldn’t we start at the beginning of October and play a 36 game season, instead of 27. Scrap the Challenge Cup, although it looks like the League Cup will go ahead, The Scottish Cup (I don’t think there’s a new sponsor yet) might not. So extended the league for a few weeks in May if necessary (which it might not be, just throw in a few more mid week fixtures maybe) and play a 36 game season, like normal. I suppose you’d have to plan for potential postponed games when it comes to winter, is the only thing. 

Imagine they'll do whatever they can to get the League and Scottish cups to go ahead.

Challenge Cup can get in the sea though. Teams lose money playing in that tournament as it is without them losing money on the back of a few very tough months too. But no doubt they'll find a way to give that the go ahead too so the beloved Colts sides aren't losing out on the tournament that apparently is going to make their players so much better.

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

No, we cannot that proposal makes too much sense ......

I would imagine it could all fall apart if players don’t feel safe as I assume they won’t be testing them 

what if player gets infected will club pay him ? 

Also part time players have there own jobs to think of and with clubs budget being reduced at lower levels some players might not fancy it ? 

But hopefully all will be ok 

Edited by Derry

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

Fair enough, except consider what is like a football game. Are concerts resuming yet, and under what rules? Are amusement parks reopening, under what rules? Do you have any event that has 500-5,000 people in close proximity and yelling and singing their asses off restarting? Not being facetious, genuinely asking, are there any such events happening or planned yet?

It was an, evidently very poor, attempt at sarcasm 

6 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Issue could be the Euros, and how bitchy UEFA would be about playing league games at the same time as them.

Think they're due to start June 11th, while 18/19 saw the final SPFL game behind held on May 26th. Be a struggle to fit 9 extra games in there even if you ignore the Cup games.

7 hours ago, JagsCG said:

They are not going to scrap the Scottish Cup.

5 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

It was an, evidently very poor, attempt at sarcasm 

Eh, whoops...too many people with that attitude in real life for me to catch the sarcasm there, my bad! Things are too stupid here to not take that seriously, so things must be much better in Scotland.

9 hours ago, The Moonster said:

No idea what the plan is. I'd rather we binned the league cup and played more league games but I understand that sponsors matter.

As noted otherwise, the cup games might be an excellent way to test protocols and procedures for starting the season in October.