Scotland's League One and Two could be off until JANUARY

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

Saw six games with no crowds because the State governments won’t allow it, and the Adelaide Oval is going to allow just 2,000 spectators. Its nominal capacity is just over 55,000.

The important thing is it's coming and real soon.

10,000 fans allowed in stadiums of 40,000 capacity or more next month. Theoretically that would mean at least 2,000 fans allowed in at Falkirk..

A far cry from the concept of no fans until January being mooted all over. 

https://www.afl.com.au/news/447628/pm-approves-crowds-of-10-000-from-july-but-there-s-a-catch

5 hours ago, Passionate said:

Things seem to be improving pretty quickly,  latest talk of pubs and restaurants opening mid July only a couple of week ago they were being shut till xmas,  have the spfl made a mess of next seasons lower leagues already,  mid October for championship and l1 and l2 not even quoted yet,  at this rate L1 could easily start mid august,   

Pig and Whistle in Brisbane shows all football games , QLD Leeds Utd supporters meet there for televised matches.

Next Sunday they are giving us the whole beer garden with a COVID limit of 54 (which might increase before Sunday) with big screens. 400+ members so it's ballot to get a spot. 

Granted Australia has largely dodged a huge bullet with this virus and we are a few weeks ahead of the UK in terms of  recovery but the future is coming folks and it looks a lot nicer.

You guys will be back in the pub in numbers in a month or two.

Granted Australia has largely dodged a huge bullet with this virus and we are a few weeks ahead of the UK in terms of  recovery but the future is coming folks and it looks a lot nicer.

No, you have managed it better than that clown Johnson.

Yosser :I'm desperate father
Priest : Please call me Dan
Yosser : I'm Desperate Dan
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/partick-thistle-warn-irreparable-damage-22186230

I’m not sure her appeal for sympathy is going to have the effect she was hoping for, unless she was actually wanting to kickstart growth in the “world’s smallest violin” sector.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

Not sure any lower league team, besides Hearts, has anything near the excess capacity needed to allow near normal crowds with social distancing, so I’d say no, not earlier than October.

Edited by TxRover

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Not sure any lower league team, besides Hearts, has anything near the excess capacity needed to allow near normal crowds with social distancing, so I’d say no, not earlier than October.

Not so sure about that. They're re-opening everything else too early so I don't see why football should be any different!

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Not so sure about that. They're re-opening everything else too early so I don't see why football should be any different!

Fair enough, except consider what is like a football game. Are concerts resuming yet, and under what rules? Are amusement parks reopening, under what rules? Do you have any event that has 500-5,000 people in close proximity and yelling and singing their asses off restarting? Not being facetious, genuinely asking, are there any such events happening or planned yet?

12 hours ago, JagsCG said:

You're not legally allowed to train yet, so probably not.

13 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Even if crowds can come back next month, most clubs don't have a squad signed up. I think it would be an epic mess of a scramble if we now announced the lower leagues were starting in August, but we'll see what happens.