Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
haufdaft

Scotland's League One and Two could be off until JANUARY

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

All clubs are contracted to carry out the requirements set out by the league...  Clubs can apply to be a non playing members for a season,   But would be due no prize money and an automatic demotion and reapplication required for the following season,  

 

All this hibernation and mothballing is usual media drivel that a few coffin dodging clubs have grabbed a hold of....

 

Doncaster, Maxwell and there cronies can see the tail is trying to wag the dog here expect moreannouncements and fall outs in the coming weeks...

^^^ utter desperation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Try selling tickets for something that means nothing. Cant see that being a goer at all.


Like a friendly you mean?
Plenty of punters turn out to see clubs play meaningless games every pre-season.

I don’t imagine the attendances would be earth shattering but for a Raith fan who hasn’t seen their team play in 6 months a ‘friendly’ against Forfar suddenly would seem quite appealing.

I don’t know if the idea would work but you couldn’t dismiss it on the grounds that people wouldn’t pay to see games with no prize to play for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

 


Like a friendly you mean?
Plenty of punters turn out to see clubs play meaningless games every pre-season.

I don’t imagine the attendances would be earth shattering but for a Raith fan who hasn’t seen their team play in 6 months a ‘friendly’ against Forfar suddenly would seem quite appealing.

I don’t know if the idea would work but you couldn’t dismiss it on the grounds that people wouldn’t pay to see games with no prize to play for.

 

The odd pre season.friendly is one thing but I cant see people buying a season ticket to see 4 or 5 months of friendlies on the tv. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevoraith said:

 


Like a friendly you mean?
Plenty of punters turn out to see clubs play meaningless games every pre-season.

I don’t imagine the attendances would be earth shattering but for a Raith fan who hasn’t seen their team play in 6 months a ‘friendly’ against Forfar suddenly would seem quite appealing.

I don’t know if the idea would work but you couldn’t dismiss it on the grounds that people wouldn’t pay to see games with no prize to play for.

 

Jesus wept...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As this thread suggests L1 & L2 could be off until January and  the longer this situation goes on the more likely that is. Certainly playing behind closed doors is a no-no - could you see any sense in Annan travelling to play Elgin behind closed doors? You can't please everybody  but I only hope we all feel that health has to come first. The part-time players mostly will be in a  different position to full-time players as the  part-time lads have the back-up of other jobs if and when allowed back to work.

So, what if we L1 and L2 clubs (Championship. I don't know) cant' re-start until January? Most clubs can't yet re-shape their squads yet whilst things are uncertain and there will be time needed to start training and preferably a few warm up games. Maybe we should plan to re-start L1 and L2 in January anyway (if health etc. is agreed) but only play 18 games (home and away once only) and finish in May. BUT, with agreed no promotion or relegation for that truncated season to give everybody the time to get themselves sorted out in an orderly fashion. After that it's 'combat'as usual.

Having said that, if health etc. is agreed before that and fans are allowed back before January then great but there needs to be Plan A, Plan B etc. and the reconstruction etc, issues at least must be put to bed ASAP 'otherwise we are just drifting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

As this thread suggests L1 & L2 could be off until January and  the longer this situation goes on the more likely that is. Certainly playing behind closed doors is a no-no - could you see any sense in Annan travelling to play Elgin behind closed doors? You can't please everybody  but I only hope we all feel that health has to come first. The part-time players mostly will be in a  different position to full-time players as the  part-time lads have the back-up of other jobs if and when allowed back to work.

So, what if we L1 and L2 clubs (Championship. I don't know) cant' re-start until January? Most clubs can't yet re-shape their squads yet whilst things are uncertain and there will be time needed to start training and preferably a few warm up games. Maybe we should plan to re-start L1 and L2 in January anyway (if health etc. is agreed) but only play 18 games (home and away once only) and finish in May. BUT, with agreed no promotion or relegation for that truncated season to give everybody the time to get themselves sorted out in an orderly fashion. After that it's 'combat'as usual.

Having said that, if health etc. is agreed before that and fans are allowed back before January then great but there needs to be Plan A, Plan B etc. and the reconstruction etc, issues at least must be put to bed ASAP 'otherwise we are just drifting.

Have a season or even half a season with no promotion  at the end of it.Are you having a laugh? Jesus wept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

As this thread suggests L1 & L2 could be off until January and  the longer this situation goes on the more likely that is. Certainly playing behind closed doors is a no-no - could you see any sense in Annan travelling to play Elgin behind closed doors? You can't please everybody  but I only hope we all feel that health has to come first. The part-time players mostly will be in a  different position to full-time players as the  part-time lads have the back-up of other jobs if and when allowed back to work.

So, what if we L1 and L2 clubs (Championship. I don't know) cant' re-start until January? Most clubs can't yet re-shape their squads yet whilst things are uncertain and there will be time needed to start training and preferably a few warm up games. Maybe we should plan to re-start L1 and L2 in January anyway (if health etc. is agreed) but only play 18 games (home and away once only) and finish in May. BUT, with agreed no promotion or relegation for that truncated season to give everybody the time to get themselves sorted out in an orderly fashion. After that it's 'combat'as usual.

Having said that, if health etc. is agreed before that and fans are allowed back before January then great but there needs to be Plan A, Plan B etc. and the reconstruction etc, issues at least must be put to bed ASAP 'otherwise we are just drifting.

No promotion/relegation, why play?

Reconstruction is dead, simply because Ann fumbled her chance to have the group design a real, long-term plan that would be accepted, however she instead tailored a proposal simply to save Hearts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we should plan to re-start L1 and L2 in January anyway (if health etc. is agreed) but only play 18 games (home and away once only) and finish in May. BUT, with agreed no promotion or relegation for that truncated season.



I like the idea of no relegation for truncated seasons, but should not just apply prospectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jesus wept...


Care to explain what has exasperated you so much in that post?

I wasn’t advocating Randomguys suggestion.
Shadwell stated people wouldn’t pay for games that mean nothing.

I pointed out they do so every season. And that’s without the incentive of it being either that or you don’t see your team play for ten months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

A season with no promotion or relegation sounds fucking shite.

You're right. We would at least know at the start rather than with 8 games to go though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, stevoraith said:

 


Care to explain what has exasperated you so much in that post?

I wasn’t advocating Randomguys suggestion.
Shadwell stated people wouldn’t pay for games that mean nothing.

I pointed out they do so every season. And that’s without the incentive of it being either that or you don’t see your team play for ten months.

 

"Plenty of people". No they don't. Friendlies are poorly attended as are meaningless games. There will be short term bounce in attendances before they go back to normal. In terms of numbers a poor team playing a relegation decider will get a bigger crowd than a mid-table dead rubber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"Plenty of people". No they don't. Friendlies are poorly attended as are meaningless games. There will be short term bounce in attendances before they go back to normal. In terms of numbers a poor team playing a relegation decider will get a bigger crowd than a mid-table dead rubber.


Ah, semantics about what constitutes “plenty of people” at a lower league Scottish football game.

Thanks for pointing out that games which mean something have relatively higher attendances than those that don’t.
I, and I’m sure many others reading the forum, had never made that correlation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stevoraith said:

 


Ah, semantics about what constitutes “plenty of people” at a lower league Scottish football game. emoji849.png

Thanks for pointing out that games which mean something have relatively higher attendances than those that don’t.
I, and I’m sure many others reading the forum, had never made that correlation.

 

You didn't apply it in your earlier post then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot believe people are genuinely suggesting playing a bunch of friendlies instead of a proper season. Why not just forget signing actual players and sign o bunch of fat fans from the stands to play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I cannot believe people are genuinely suggesting playing a bunch of friendlies instead of a proper season. Why not just forget signing actual players and sign o bunch of fat fans from the stands to play?

Specifically fat fans? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

A season with no promotion or relegation sounds fucking shite.

Yep, sounds completely pointless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, stevoraith said:

 


Care to explain what has exasperated you so much in that post?

I wasn’t advocating Randomguys suggestion.
Shadwell stated people wouldn’t pay for games that mean nothing.

I pointed out they do so every season. And that’s without the incentive of it being either that or you don’t see your team play for ten months.

 

Our friendlies are included  on the season ticket and I still rarely attend them. The exception is when we get an English team visiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Yep, sounds completely pointless. 

alexander armstrong hwd GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

 

No points for a win, no points for a draw and no points for a loss, what's the point???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...