Scotland's League One and Two could be off until JANUARY

39 minutes ago, AGPar said:

The interview with Anne Budge on Saturday stated that this was the intention. "An amazing, philanthropic gesture to help lower league clubs cope with the challenges they are facing" is the exact quote. Since Doncaster belatedly got involved, it now involves all clubs. No surprise whatsoever, as any initiative that would help the diddies is absolute anathema to him. Making their life as difficult as possible, whether through his utter vandalisation of the Challenge Cup for the sole purpose of fulfilling his wet dream of bigot colts in the league structure, or shitey Alba, BBC Scotland deals which lose Championship clubs money, is much more up his street.

That didn't say that the money is for use only by lower league clubs though does it? It just says it helps them.

Who is to say she hasn't been very clever with her wording, and emphasising the point about lower league clubs - as she know's that if lower league clubs don't play, then Hearts will likely not be playing either, but that the deal will in fact benefit all clubs?

Any money coming in is great and should be gratefully received.  I'm personally a bit sceptical however, that as soon as the reconstruction proposal looks like its sinking, money appears out of nowhere.

There's not a lot of detail out there on those conversations or how this money is to be used.

Said it in other threads but if the money is just for Covid testing then it doesn't help clubs. Some people, inexplicably, seem to believe that money for Covid testing somehow solves the major loss of income issue.

Clubs won't have players to be tested if games are in empty stadiums for an extended period. Most clubs don't have cash reserves and rely on money coming in first before money can be spent. This very basic concept is somehow beyond some folk.

16 hours ago, TxRover said:

Since he’s a Hearts fan, he could really shaft the top teams by simply donating to teams from the Championship down. Just saying, the seethe would be quite amazing to watch. Unfortunately, this is being framed as helping all 42 clubs, damn shame.

Indeed.  Every division except the Premier!  That would definitely be a fascinating plot twist.

Guest Ecosse83

I'm struggling to see what Hearts are going to get out of this? Surely he won't give away £4 million plus without Hearts benefiting? 

Reconstruction won't happen so will the Championship have to start on time for the club's to get money from him?

6 hours ago, The Phoenix said:

All Clubs / equal share / nothing like the amount quoted in The Sun 

Bit more detail? Without getting yourself disqualifed from getting anything of course.

Eta, got it now.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

£2 million equates to £50, 000 per club. 

So at £2,500 per week for testing, you're looking at enough to cover 20 weeks. 

That's all it will stretch too, though. The lack of income is by far the most pressing issue for us lower league clubs. 

It's awful nice of the guy and i'm sure every club will be delighted to be gifted £50,000, but this is hardly the manna from heaven it was trailed as by many members of our illustrious media. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52912118

Edited by AndyDD

29 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

That's all it will stretch too, though. The lack of income is by far the most pressing issue for us lower league clubs. 

It's awful nice of the guy and i'm sure every club will be delighted to be gifted £50,000, but this is hardly the manna from heaven it was trailed as by many members of our illustrious media. 

50k is a drop in the ocean compared to what clubs need in the current climate. The way they were talking this cash would be enough to see clubs through this mess.

31 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Plus there’s Donkey-caster bleating about how to sell a 14 team Premiership again:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52905133

I will say that if they commit to 5 years, they might bite on it...but it would also likely take expanding to 44 teams. Either way, it results in some small reduction in payouts to finance it, but with a structure (likely 14-10-10-10) agreed for 5 years, it might just fly.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Plus there’s Donkey-caster bleating about how to sell a 14 team Premiership again:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52905133

I will say that if they commit to 5 years, they might bite on it...but it would also likely take expanding to 44 teams. Either way, it results in some small reduction in payouts to finance it, but with a structure (likely 14-10-10-10) agreed for 5 years, it might just fly.

2years, 5years , 10, 20 why not just base the length of time we use it depending on whether it's a bloody success or not?  If it works great keep it and if it doesnt you change the bloody thing for something else. 

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

50k is a drop in the ocean compared to what clubs need in the current climate. The way they were talking this cash would be enough to see clubs through this mess.

You wonder why Ann Budge was telling lower league clubs, who she needs on her side to get Hearts into the top flight, that they, and they alone, were getting "millions", without going into deeper detail.

10 hours ago, CALDERON said:

That didn't say that the money is for use only by lower league clubs though does it? It just says it helps them.

Who is to say she hasn't been very clever with her wording, and emphasising the point about lower league clubs - as she know's that if lower league clubs don't play, then Hearts will likely not be playing either, but that the deal will in fact benefit all clubs?

Any money coming in is great and should be gratefully received.  I'm personally a bit sceptical however, that as soon as the reconstruction proposal looks like its sinking, money appears out of nowhere.

There's not a lot of detail out there on those conversations or how this money is to be used.

Before we know it the arse cheeks will be getting 50%,Herts 25% and the remaining divid up among the rest of the clubs 

Surprised that some people are disappointed with a £2 million investment.

Given a week ago we had no sign of any positive news, I can’t see how this isn’t great news. I’m sure there’s a saying about beggars and choosers.

Now, would I like it to be split evenly between the 42? No. Would I like it to be more? Yes. But that doesn’t really matter, our clubs now have an extra £50k to keep them going.

The only issue I think it would be totally reasonable to have would be if it was tied in some way to reconstruction- which it apparently isn’t.

Edited by GallowayBlue

36 minutes ago, GallowayBlue said:

Surprised that some people are disappointed with a £2 million investment.

Given a week ago we had no sign of any positive news, I can’t see how this isn’t great news. I’m sure there’s a saying about beggars and choosers.

Now, would I like it to be split evenly between the 42? No. Would I like it to be more? Yes. But that doesn’t really matter, our clubs now have an extra £50k to keep them going.

The only issue I think it would be totally reasonable to have would be if it was tied in some way to reconstruction- which it apparently isn’t.

The weird thing is this donation \ investment was told to SPL clubs  on Monday,  Championship on Tuesday, where the figure of 4 million was being freely banded about,  Now the diddy clubs get told it is 2 million for 42 clubs. Something doesn't add up here or is it creative journalism at its worst,  

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

You wonder why Ann Budge was telling lower league clubs, who she needs on her side to get Hearts into the top flight, that they, and they alone, were getting "millions", without going into deeper detail.

I'm sure when she was on Sportsound on Saturday "multiple millions" from "philanthropists" was mentioned as being available. I guess two is a multiple of one, although there now only seems to be a singular philanthropist.

23 minutes ago, Passionate said:

The weird thing is this donation \ investment was told to SPL clubs  on Monday,  Championship on Tuesday, where the figure of 4 million was being freely banded about,  Now the diddy clubs get told it is 2 million for 42 clubs. Something doesn't add up here or is it creative journalism at its worst,  

It was £4.75m yesterday.

Today its £2m, and Neil Doncaster telling everyone to go for a 14 team top flight.

Not hard to figure out what's happening. 

Budge said at the weekend on the radio this reconstruction is not about saving Hearts , it's about the survival of Scottish clubs.

Now it has been "clarified" , according to the BBC , that she means a 14 team top league and the rest can really please themselves (she doesn't really care).

It has since been clarified that Budge's focus is on a 14-team top tier, with the lower league clubs agreeing on whatever configuration suits them.

And Doncaster now saying to Premiership clubs what will it take to get a 14 team top league.  

It's gonna happen but just tell the truth , we'd have much more respect.