Scotland's League One and Two could be off until JANUARY

44 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Wouldn't it be nice if the cash was split 42 ways equally? Let's say that he donated £4.2m for example, giving each club £100k. Do you think that's possible or more likely that it's split the way everything else is?

Exactly. Theres no reason this should be split any different way apart from greed of the top flight clubs.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Wouldn't it be nice if the cash was split 42 ways equally? Let's say that he donated £4.2m for example, giving each club £100k. Do you think that's possible or more likely that it's split the way everything else is?

If it's a donation from a third party then it's entirely up to him how he wants it to be split.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

If it's a donation from a third party then it's entirely up to him how he wants it to be split.

Yes, it's entirely up to him and I can't think why the cash wouldn't be split equally. Can you?

52 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Yes, it's entirely up to him and I can't think why the cash wouldn't be split equally. Can you?

Until you disagree with him and start complaining that he knows nothing about lower league football.

Is his generosity limited to league teams, why isn't the new West of Scotland getting weighed in for its inaugural season. 

52 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Because the top 12 clubs in the SPFL take 84% of all income that comes into the league, as outlined in the rules of the organisation? Because the top 12 clubs already have the Sky sports broadcast deal to alleviate their troubles when it comes to playing without supporters and paying for weekly testing? 

A couple of reasons to start with. 

44 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Because the top 12 clubs in the SPFL take 84% of all income that comes into the league, as outlined in the rules of the organisation? Because the top 12 clubs already have the Sky sports broadcast deal to alleviate their troubles when it comes to playing without supporters and paying for weekly testing? 

A couple of reasons to start with. 

Ar you suggesting that lower league clubs should get a higher proportion of this cash than the elite? :o

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Ar you suggesting that lower league clubs should get a higher proportion of this cash than the elite? :o

I know it sounds like unreasonable radicalism, but yes, yes I am. 

Since he’s a Hearts fan, he could really shaft the top teams by simply donating to teams from the Championship down. Just saying, the seethe would be quite amazing to watch. Unfortunately, this is being framed as helping all 42 clubs, damn shame.

If any donation is classed as income to the spfl then the premiership clubs get 84% of as per the articles of the spfl

If he wants it to be split differently it can be split differently. There are a number of mechanisms for that, the simplest being for him to give the clubs the money himself rather than going through the SPFL formally.

5 hours ago, mojmeister said:

If any donation is classed as income to the spfl then the premiership clubs get 84% of as per the articles of the spfl

I believe it specifically says commercial income , which a charitable donation is not technically. 

13 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I think it should all go to Sevco so they can sensibly spend millions on another player during a pandemic.

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If he wants it to be split differently it can be split differently. There are a number of mechanisms for that, the simplest being for him to give the clubs the money himself rather than going through the SPFL formally.

If for examp!e all clubs get 100k from this donation, would that be rough to get a team on the park and run till January u until crowds come back,  but beware of the second wave and we are all going to die etc etc....

my opinion championsjip, L1 and L2 could operate this way,maybe apart from QOS who's chairman is still refusing to open the curtains...

Passionate: what makes you think the crowds will be back in January? Covid kicked off in the late winter months here. Is it allergic to the bells?  Entirely feasible we'll be back where we are now in the spring. Covid will run our world until a vaccine / treatment is found. And if it's not...

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Passionate: what makes you think the crowds will be back in January? Covid kicked off in the late winter months here. Is it allergic to the bells?  Entirely feasible we'll be back where we are now in the spring. Covid will run our world until a vaccine / treatment is found. And if it's not...

If I am being brutally honest I think crowds will be back in November,   Listening to a lot of the experts the chances of a vaccine anywhere are slim to none and people who do think so must still out there teeth under the pillow, , so what do you do,  give up live off the government's coat tails for ever more......   

Football clubs at all levels are businesses with far too much emotion attached to them...   

Remember the January mooted start,  is only being mentioned as a possibility , because clubs are hiding behind the furlough scheme which ends in october and taking every penny out it, after that business as usual regarding signing players basically a pre season until the big kick off on a freezing cold day in January.....  Doncaster might try and coax clubs back for an October start by dangling the generous philanthropic gesture in front of the chairnen..  Interesting times

5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

If I am being brutally honest I think crowds will be back in November,   Listening to a lot of the experts the chances of a vaccine anywhere are slim to none and people who do think so must still out there teeth under the pillow, , so what do you do,  give up live off the government's coat tails for ever more......  

What do we do?  Well, listening to the public health people it sounds like we move back to our normal rhythms on a gradual and phased basis, ensuring that we have the necessary monitoring and controls in place to arrest any subsequent spikes in infections / deaths, all the while increasing our knowledge of the virus through research to improve our ability to manage spread, treat symptoms and develop a vaccine.  At some point, the Scottish government will decide that there is enough mitigation in place to restart public sporting events, at which point Scottish football will be able to get back to some form of financially sustainable operation.

Scottish clubs can decide to restart behind closed doors in the meantime but I severely doubt that they'll be able to run indefinitely without income from crowd revenue and any proposal that fails to take this into account is ignoring hard truths.

14 hours ago, TxRover said:

Since he’s a Hearts fan, he could really shaft the top teams by simply donating to teams from the Championship down. Just saying, the seethe would be quite amazing to watch. Unfortunately, this is being framed as helping all 42 clubs, damn shame.

The interview with Anne Budge on Saturday stated that this was the intention. "An amazing, philanthropic gesture to help lower league clubs cope with the challenges they are facing" is the exact quote. Since Doncaster belatedly got involved, it now involves all clubs. No surprise whatsoever, as any initiative that would help the diddies is absolute anathema to him. Making their life as difficult as possible, whether through his utter vandalisation of the Challenge Cup for the sole purpose of fulfilling his wet dream of bigot colts in the league structure, or shitey Alba, BBC Scotland deals which lose Championship clubs money, is much more up his street.

38 minutes ago, AGPar said:

The interview with Anne Budge on Saturday stated that this was the intention. "An amazing, philanthropic gesture to help lower league clubs cope with the challenges they are facing" is the exact quote. Since Doncaster belatedly got involved, it now involves all clubs. No surprise whatsoever, as any initiative that would help the diddies is absolute anathema to him. Making their life as difficult as possible, whether through his utter vandalisation of the Challenge Cup for the sole purpose of fulfilling his wet dream of bigot colts in the league structure, or shitey Alba, BBC Scotland deals which lose Championship clubs money, is much more up his street.

Challenge Cup colts was a demand from top flight to allow the Betfred to go to groups. 100% fact from a watertight source.