Scotland's League One and Two could be off until JANUARY

32 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Signing section?
No idea what you're talking about.

Sign language. Instead of singing. There could still be a singing section. There’ll be no wheezing section as those punters recovering from the virus will still be in the house. The singing section could still work. The masks might muffle the singing a bit, but sacrifices must be made to ensure football goes ahead as soon as humanly possible.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They only alternative to a normal season for them would either be closing down for 6 months and sucking up losses, or some form of challenge league for 6 months with other teams who dont have a division to play in until January. 

The Covid Cup? 

On 31/05/2020 at 14:06, Shadwell Dog said:

It's the same teams saying that we shouldnt be allowed to play in a league next season of teams that are able to play due to sporting integrity that were happy to stop us getting promoted into the top flight without 10k seats.

What "teams" are saying you shouldn't be allowed to play in a league next season? I don't think any club has made any sort of statement on the theoretical situation we're discussing in here. 

Fans of pretty much every club but your own are saying it's ridiculous to parachute Falkirk into whatever league will have them. I don't think it's a good look to go down the very Rangersy path of holding grudges against teams over "sporting integrity".

Have I got this right?

This James Anderson bloke had said he wanted to donate money to the lower leagues in Scotland.

Now , and after Doncaster spoke with him , it's to be spread amongst the Premiership clubs as well who currently get the lions share of all money and includes the multi million cashed up Celtic. 

Have I misunderstood?  

Guest Ecosse83
14 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Have I got this right?

This James Anderson bloke had said he wanted to donate money to the lower leagues in Scotland.

Now , and after Doncaster spoke with him , it's to be spread amongst the Premiership clubs as well who currently get the lions share of all money and includes the multi million cashed up Celtic. 

Have I misunderstood?  

Even if the guy is genuine Doncaster will find a way to screw the wee guys in the league!

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Even if the guy is genuine Doncaster will find a way to screw the wee guys in the league!

This ‘guy’ is totally genuine.

He is a partner with Baillie Gifford and runs the Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust which is now capitalised at around£12bn. When I started investing in it about 30years ago, it was well under a billion but due to spending lots of time in Silicon Valley he spotted all the big tech opportunities before they hit the big time- Amazon,Tesla, Netflix, Alibaba, Apple, you name them.

Its worth going to the AGM’s just to hear him give his take on the investment scene.

He is a very cerebral type and gives lots of money to arts projects and donates to the EIF.

As you say, the only worry is Doncaster and the blazers at the SPFL.

The big leverage which he has is that he supports Hearts and I would imagine that something will be done to keep them up.

33 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

He is a partner with Baillie Gifford and runs the Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust which is now capitalised at around£12bn. When I started investing in it about 30years ago, it was well under a billion but due to spending lots of time in Silicon Valley he spotted all the big tech opportunities before they hit the big time- Amazon,Tesla, Netflix, Alibaba, Apple, you name them.

Its worth going to the AGM’s just to hear him give his take on the investment scene.

He is a very cerebral type and gives lots of money to arts projects and donates to the EIF.

The big leverage which he has is that he supports Hearts and I would imagine that something will be done to keep them up.

A bribe then.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

There’s really no indication at all that this investment will be made contingent on keeping Hearts up. In fact, it’s the first positive development I’ve seen since March that makes me think lower league football might be possible any time soon. 

39 minutes ago, George Parr said:

There’s really no indication at all that this investment will be made contingent on keeping Hearts up. 

Other than the fact that it's Budge who has facilitated the introduction between this guy and the SPFL.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52881608

Edited by stuartcraig

6 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Have I got this right?

Have I misunderstood?  

Wouldn't it be nice if the cash was split 42 ways equally? Let's say that he donated £4.2m for example, giving each club £100k. Do you think that's possible or more likely that it's split the way everything else is?

36 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Wouldn't it be nice if the cash was split 42 ways equally? Let's say that he donated £4.2m for example, giving each club £100k. Do you think that's possible or more likely that it's split the way everything else is?

Well there's an opportunity for the Premier league mouthpieces to say, 'here is our contribution to the good of Scottish football - everyone take an equal share please and good luck'

They won't get a better opportunity than free money.