Scotland's League One and Two could be off until JANUARY

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

I cannot believe people are genuinely suggesting playing a bunch of friendlies instead of a proper season. Why not just forget signing actual players and sign o bunch of fat fans from the stands to play?

The point was made to a Falkirk fan who's spent the past week simultaneously demanding Falkirk are allowed to play games, and demanding that Falkirk are allowed to keep a full squad and not release them.

They only alternative to a normal season for them would either be closing down for 6 months and sucking up losses, or some form of challenge league for 6 months with other teams who dont have a division to play in until January. 

As was to be expected, the Falkirk fan demanded something different to that aswell.

At the very least, even if you wanted to suspend automatic promotion/relegation for these short seasons, you could still have the play-offs (or even extended play-offs) to ensure some movement between the leagues and something to play for.

I cannot believe people are genuinely suggesting playing a bunch of friendlies instead of a proper season. Why not just forget signing actual players and sign o bunch of fat fans from the stands to play?

Just for the avoidance of doubt, I’m not advocating that at all.

It’s a shite idea.

RandomGuy suggested it (and I don’t think even he was particularly serious) and I don’t think anyone else has jumped on it as being a good idea.

Shadwell and Sarge just annoyed me with their “you’re so stupid, I know best” routine.

On 29/05/2020 at 13:44, stevoraith said:

Like a friendly you mean?
Plenty of punters turn out to see clubs play meaningless games every pre-season.

I don’t imagine the attendances would be earth shattering but for a Raith fan who hasn’t seen their team play in 6 months a ‘friendly’ against Forfar suddenly would seem quite appealing.

I don’t know if the idea would work but you couldn’t dismiss it on the grounds that people wouldn’t pay to see games with no prize to play for.

29 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Just for the avoidance of doubt, I’m not advocating that at all.

It’s a shite idea.

RandomGuy suggested it (and I don’t think even he was particularly serious) and I don’t think anyone else has jumped on it as being a good idea.

Shadwell and Sarge just annoyed me with their “you’re so stupid, I know best” routine.

?

37 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

At the very least, even if you wanted to suspend automatic promotion/relegation for these short seasons, you could still have the play-offs (or even extended play-offs) to ensure some movement between the leagues and something to play for.

It was off the cuff suggestion, with almost no thought, to a Falkirk fan who wanted Falkirk to still play games even if their division gets delayed for 6 months.

?

Not sure what’s so confusing. Those two posts are not contradictory.

It’s a shite idea. My first post said I wasn’t sure if it would work.
The point of it was that you couldn’t dismiss it on the grounds that people wouldn’t pay to see meaningless games which is what Shadwell was saying.

Hence pointing out that people pay to watch (meaningless) friendlies every year.

34 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Not sure what’s so confusing. Those two posts are not contradictory.

It’s a shite idea. My first post said I wasn’t sure if it would work.
The point of it was that you couldn’t dismiss it on the grounds that people wouldn’t pay to see meaningless games which is what Shadwell was saying.

Hence pointing out that people pay to watch (meaningless) friendlies every year.

They wouldnt buy season tickets was what I was talking about not individual off pre season friendlies.

See if there’s not a spike in cases by the end of June, can we not just take a pragmatic view? Maybe ask people to get masked up and get the football on again with crowds allowed in. Even if you want to stay apart from people, it’s fairly easy to do that at lower league Scottish games. 

Edited by Scary Bear

15 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

See if there’s not a spike in cases by the end of June, can we not just take a pragmatic view? Maybe ask people to get masked up and get the football on again with crowds allowed in. Even if you want to stay apart from people, it’s fairly easy to do that at lower league Scottish games. 

Yeah I'm sure the scottish government  just turn a blind eye to that.🤔

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah I'm sure the scottish government  just turn a blind eye to that.🤔

Think outside the box, Chief. Maybe the Scottish Government should do likewise and be a bit less risk averse. When were the busy beaches down South? Has there been a significant rise in cases following that? If not, let’s take some steps like wearing masks and get back to it.

11 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Think outside the box, Chief. Maybe the Scottish Government should do likewise and be a bit less risk averse. When were the busy beaches down South? Has there been a significant rise in cases following that? If not, let’s take some steps like wearing masks and get back to it.

8000 new cases a day in England.

Instead of singing sections we can have wheezing sections.

7 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
27 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Instead of singing sections we can have wheezing sections.

Signing section? 

People can still make the w****r sign while wearing a mask. Maybe the masks will prevent folk booing. If folks eyesight is going after a bought of coronavirus they’ll not suffer as much. So many positives.

Edited by Scary Bear

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's the same teams saying that we shouldnt be allowed to play in a league next season of teams that are able to play due to sporting integrity that were happy to stop us getting promoted into the top flight without 10k seats.

^^^ blubbering mess

Signing section? 
People can still make the w****r sign while wearing a mask. Maybe the masks will prevent folk booing. If folks eyesight is going after a bought of coronavirus they’ll not suffer as much. So many positives.
Signing section?
No idea what you're talking about.