Scotland's League One and Two could be off until JANUARY

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

All clubs are contracted to carry out the requirements set out by the league...  Clubs can apply to be a non playing members for a season,   But would be due no prize money and an automatic demotion and reapplication required for the following season,  

All this hibernation and mothballing is usual media drivel that a few coffin dodging clubs have grabbed a hold of....

Doncaster, Maxwell and there cronies can see the tail is trying to wag the dog here expect moreannouncements and fall outs in the coming weeks...

^^^ utter desperation

Try selling tickets for something that means nothing. Cant see that being a goer at all.

Like a friendly you mean?
Plenty of punters turn out to see clubs play meaningless games every pre-season.

I don’t imagine the attendances would be earth shattering but for a Raith fan who hasn’t seen their team play in 6 months a ‘friendly’ against Forfar suddenly would seem quite appealing.

I don’t know if the idea would work but you couldn’t dismiss it on the grounds that people wouldn’t pay to see games with no prize to play for.

3 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Plenty of punters turn out to see clubs play meaningless games every pre-season.

I don’t imagine the attendances would be earth shattering but for a Raith fan who hasn’t seen their team play in 6 months a ‘friendly’ against Forfar suddenly would seem quite appealing.

I don’t know if the idea would work but you couldn’t dismiss it on the grounds that people wouldn’t pay to see games with no prize to play for.

The odd pre season.friendly is one thing but I cant see people buying a season ticket to see 4 or 5 months of friendlies on the tv. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Jesus wept...

As this thread suggests L1 & L2 could be off until January and  the longer this situation goes on the more likely that is. Certainly playing behind closed doors is a no-no - could you see any sense in Annan travelling to play Elgin behind closed doors? You can't please everybody  but I only hope we all feel that health has to come first. The part-time players mostly will be in a  different position to full-time players as the  part-time lads have the back-up of other jobs if and when allowed back to work.

So, what if we L1 and L2 clubs (Championship. I don't know) cant' re-start until January? Most clubs can't yet re-shape their squads yet whilst things are uncertain and there will be time needed to start training and preferably a few warm up games. Maybe we should plan to re-start L1 and L2 in January anyway (if health etc. is agreed) but only play 18 games (home and away once only) and finish in May. BUT, with agreed no promotion or relegation for that truncated season to give everybody the time to get themselves sorted out in an orderly fashion. After that it's 'combat'as usual.

Having said that, if health etc. is agreed before that and fans are allowed back before January then great but there needs to be Plan A, Plan B etc. and the reconstruction etc, issues at least must be put to bed ASAP 'otherwise we are just drifting.

4 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

As this thread suggests L1 & L2 could be off until January and  the longer this situation goes on the more likely that is. Certainly playing behind closed doors is a no-no - could you see any sense in Annan travelling to play Elgin behind closed doors? You can't please everybody  but I only hope we all feel that health has to come first. The part-time players mostly will be in a  different position to full-time players as the  part-time lads have the back-up of other jobs if and when allowed back to work.

So, what if we L1 and L2 clubs (Championship. I don't know) cant' re-start until January? Most clubs can't yet re-shape their squads yet whilst things are uncertain and there will be time needed to start training and preferably a few warm up games. Maybe we should plan to re-start L1 and L2 in January anyway (if health etc. is agreed) but only play 18 games (home and away once only) and finish in May. BUT, with agreed no promotion or relegation for that truncated season to give everybody the time to get themselves sorted out in an orderly fashion. After that it's 'combat'as usual.

Having said that, if health etc. is agreed before that and fans are allowed back before January then great but there needs to be Plan A, Plan B etc. and the reconstruction etc, issues at least must be put to bed ASAP 'otherwise we are just drifting.

Have a season or even half a season with no promotion  at the end of it.Are you having a laugh? Jesus wept.

4 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

No promotion/relegation, why play?

Reconstruction is dead, simply because Ann fumbled her chance to have the group design a real, long-term plan that would be accepted, however she instead tailored a proposal simply to save Hearts.

Maybe we should plan to re-start L1 and L2 in January anyway (if health etc. is agreed) but only play 18 games (home and away once only) and finish in May. BUT, with agreed no promotion or relegation for that truncated season.

I like the idea of no relegation for truncated seasons, but should not just apply prospectively.

Jesus wept...

Care to explain what has exasperated you so much in that post?

I wasn’t advocating Randomguys suggestion.
Shadwell stated people wouldn’t pay for games that mean nothing.

I pointed out they do so every season. And that’s without the incentive of it being either that or you don’t see your team play for ten months.

5 hours ago, stevoraith said:

I pointed out they do so every season. And that’s without the incentive of it being either that or you don’t see your team play for ten months.

"Plenty of people". No they don't. Friendlies are poorly attended as are meaningless games. There will be short term bounce in attendances before they go back to normal. In terms of numbers a poor team playing a relegation decider will get a bigger crowd than a mid-table dead rubber.

"Plenty of people". No they don't. Friendlies are poorly attended as are meaningless games. There will be short term bounce in attendances before they go back to normal. In terms of numbers a poor team playing a relegation decider will get a bigger crowd than a mid-table dead rubber.

Ah, semantics about what constitutes “plenty of people” at a lower league Scottish football game. [emoji849]

Thanks for pointing out that games which mean something have relatively higher attendances than those that don’t.
I, and I’m sure many others reading the forum, had never made that correlation.

Just now, stevoraith said:

Ah, semantics about what constitutes “plenty of people” at a lower league Scottish football game. emoji849.png

Thanks for pointing out that games which mean something have relatively higher attendances than those that don’t.
I, and I’m sure many others reading the forum, had never made that correlation.

You didn't apply it in your earlier post then.

I cannot believe people are genuinely suggesting playing a bunch of friendlies instead of a proper season. Why not just forget signing actual players and sign o bunch of fat fans from the stands to play?

45 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I cannot believe people are genuinely suggesting playing a bunch of friendlies instead of a proper season. Why not just forget signing actual players and sign o bunch of fat fans from the stands to play?

Specifically fat fans? 

12 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Our friendlies are included  on the season ticket and I still rarely attend them. The exception is when we get an English team visiting.