Scotland's League One and Two could be off until JANUARY

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not sure whether they have before but this is an unprecedented situation. It will be the only way fans can see games so you're guaranteed viewers for matches that may otherwise have been watched by one man and his dug. With no fans you can also be a lot more flexible with ko times to fit in the schedule.  You need a live game at 10am on a Saturday morning. Yeah no bother. 8pm on a Sunday night? Fine.

You will just say anything that you think will make this work and in turn benefit Falkirk.

There's such a thing as saturation, the numbers sky will gain covering games they initially knocked back won't make it worth their while. How many new customers will they gain by adding extra Scottish games?

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You will just say anything that you think will make this work and in turn benefit Falkirk.

There's such a thing as saturation, the numbers sky will gain covering games they initially knocked back won't make it worth their while. How many new customers will they gain by adding extra Scottish games?

Well I think they'd gain a whole pile of fans who have no other way to see their teams play than pay for sky . Sky may want to do some sort of half season ticket scheme for each team who knows. At the end of the day  we're only talking about one season here. 

Who says sky knocked other games back anyway? When we were all discussing tv contracts i was told that the reason we get the amount we do is because of the small number of games we allow sky to show unlike the likes of norway and denmark where every game is shown live.  So is it us that limits the number of games sky shows or sky that doesnt want to show any more premiership games?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

32 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Probably not but even if they agreed to show every top flight game for the first half of the season  the increased revenue would at least filter down to the lower league clubs.  

By then the EPL will be back.

They wont increase money given to Scottish football, at a time when Sky face massive losses, in the hope theyll gain subscribers because they're showing Hamilton v St Johnstone on a Sunday night.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Well I think they'd gain a whole pile of fans who have no other way to see their teams play than pay for sky . Sky may want to do some sort of season ticket scheme for each team who knows. At the end of the day  we're only talking about one season here. 

Who says sky knocked other games back anyway? When we were all discussing tv contracts i was told that the reason we get the amount we do is because of the small number of games we allow sky to show unlike the likes of norway and denmark where every game is shown live.  So is it us that limits the number of games sky shows or sky that doesnt want to show any more premiership games?

I think there will be a cost v return calculation made The SPFL limit the games a and will have a price in mind. If sky wanted more they'd get them by paying more. The curse t contact was agreed. Sky won't pay more to get more games.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

By then the EPL will be back.

They wont increase money given to Scottish football, at a time when Sky face massive losses, in the hope theyll gain subscribers because they're showing Hamilton v St Johnstone on a Sunday night.

I'm stopping now, it can't be laid out any more simply for him.

Well I'm still of the opinion that it's better for falkirk to be playing even behind closed doors for half a season than sitting doing nothing and it appears that the falkirk chairman agrees and you guys disagree so we'll just need to wait and see.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

8 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's not so much about that and more about how many players you have under contract. If you only have a few or are part time then hibernation is a possibility but if you've got 10 to 15 full time players under contract then I dont know how you would get to january never mind next summer without going down the tubes. 

You simply terminate the contracts of those players.  If you speak with Motherwell they have the textbook on how to do it with no consequences. 

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

You simply terminate the contracts of those players.  If you speak with Motherwell they have the textbook on how to do it with no consequences. 

They were in admin though and I'm sure these days all football debts have to be repaid.  I'm sure we'd face sanctions of some sort for doing it..

11 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Well I'm still of the opinion that it's better for falkirk to be playing even behind closed doors for half a season than sitting doing nothing and it appears that the falkirk chairman agrees and you guys disagree so we'll just need to wait and see.

Then you'll have to be arranging some friendlies or something then.

If the Division is halted via a vote theres nothing Falkirk can do except accept that.

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Then you'll have to be arranging some friendlies or something then.

If the Division is halted via a vote theres nothing Falkirk can do except accept that.

Would the Premiership clubs get to vote on this as well if it came to that?

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Would the Premiership clubs get to vote on this as well if it came to that?

I can only think that, once Hearts have been given a final backhand, that each division will then make a decision themselves on what they want to do. 

Smartest move would be to decide late June/July to give the situation a chance to develop. 

I dont see why the Premiership should have any say in the running of League One. It should be entirely down to each division to decide what's best, overall, for them. If restricted crowds will be allowed in, which looks possible for August, then I imagine games will go ahead. 

If you're meaning if the Premiership clubs vote on whether they will refuse to start, then I cant see any top flight club who vote to delay the start. All they care about is the TV deal so it wont be threatened.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I can only think that, once Hearts have been given a final backhand, that each division will then make a decision themselves on what they want to do. 

Smartest move would be to decide late June/July to give the situation a chance to develop. 

I dont see why the Premiership should have any say in the running of League One. It should be entirely down to each division to decide what's best, overall, for them. If restricted crowds will be allowed in, which looks possible for August, then I imagine games will go ahead. 

If you're meaning if the Premiership clubs vote on whether they will refuse to start, then I cant see any top flight club who vote to delay the start. All they care about is the TV deal so it wont be threatened.

No I meant them voting to hibernate the rest of Scottish football, I'm just not sure how the voting rules work, if all league's have to vote on something happening or not!

Was just curious really. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

All clubs are contracted to carry out the requirements set out by the league...  Clubs can apply to be a non playing members for a season,   But would be due no prize money and an automatic demotion and reapplication required for the following season,  

All this hibernation and mothballing is usual media drivel that a few coffin dodging clubs have grabbed a hold of....

Doncaster, Maxwell and there cronies can see the tail is trying to wag the dog here expect moreannouncements and fall outs in the coming weeks...

12 minutes ago, Passionate said:

All clubs are contracted to carry out the requirements set out by the league...  Clubs can apply to be a non playing members for a season,   But would be due no prize money and an automatic demotion and reapplication required for the following season,  

All this hibernation and mothballing is usual media drivel that a few coffin dodging clubs have grabbed a hold of....

Doncaster, Maxwell and there cronies can see the tail is trying to wag the dog here expect moreannouncements and fall outs in the coming weeks...

I would presume that if a team is ready and willing to play they need to facilitate that surely. 

14 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

No I meant them voting to hibernate the rest of Scottish football, I'm just not sure how the voting rules work, if all league's have to vote on something happening or not!

Was just curious really. 

I dont see why the Premiership should decide what's best for the other 30 clubs.

14 minutes ago, Passionate said:

This situation has never arisen before, so there are no set laws to decide what happens.

They definitely wont be chucking clubs out who dont want to play as closed door games cause a genuine threat to their existence. Top flight chairmen are, openly, talking about the plan being just now for fans to return to games in January. If the lower tiers vote to say they cant play without fans, then a decision will need made.

Doncaster holds zero power. The SPFL Board are simply there to act as mediators, the 42 clubs decide everything to do with the league structure via a vote. The Board merely hand out the information.

Either way, I'm not sure any decision should be made yet. A lot can change in 3 months.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I dont see why the Premiership should decide what's best for the other 30 clubs.

I didn't think they would be voting but with Scottish football you never just know 🤣

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This situation has never arisen before, so there are no set laws to decide what happens.

They definitely wont be chucking clubs out who dont want to play as closed door games cause a genuine threat to their existence. Top flight chairmen are, openly, talking about the plan being just now for fans to return to games in January. If the lower tiers vote to say they cant play without fans, then a decision will need made.

Doncaster holds zero power. The SPFL Board are simply there to act as mediators, the 42 clubs decide everything to do with the league structure via a vote. The Board merely hand out the information.

Either way, I'm not sure any decision should be made yet. A lot can change in 3 months.

You'll have some clubs who are harmed by playing behind closed doors and others who could be harmed by not playing at all. Will be interesting to see how they treat both these situations fairly.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

You'll have some clubs who are harmed by playing behind closed doors and others who could be harmed by not playing at all. Will be interesting to see how they treat both these situations fairly.

I dont think they can. Either way someone is harmed.

If the all 3 tiers below the top flight are delayed, theres a chance you could set up a temporary league for any team who wants involved for 6 months, with the caveat that theres no prize on offer in terms of league position.

Those who dont want to play can hibernate.

Then, if its pre-agreed by all, when January comes around you go straight into a half season where league position is there to play for again.

To me that seems the best way around it all. Clubs arent forced to play, but clubs arent forced to hibernate either.

But I've no horse in this race so I dont know how well that would work/be received, nor any idea how many clubs are sitting on either side of the fence.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I dont think they can. Either way someone is harmed.

If the all 3 tiers below the top flight are delayed, theres a chance you could set up a temporary league for any team who wants involved for 6 months, with the caveat that theres no prize on offer in terms of league position.

Those who dont want to play can hibernate.

Then, if its pre-agreed by all, when January comes around you go straight into a half season where league position is there to play for again.

To me that seems the best way around it all. Clubs arent forced to play, but clubs arent forced to hibernate either.

But I've no horse in this race so I dont know how well that would work/be received, nor any idea how many clubs are sitting on either side of the fence.

Try selling tickets for something that means nothing. Cant see that being a goer at all.